• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean I think you can acknowledge the problem, but to sell a poster that's like haha remember this that was fun times is what's dumb. Like if you find it funny fine, but just look at the posters who went through at least 4 consoles, I'm sure that wasn't funny at the time
Yeahhh, this is exactly what I was trying to say but couldn't find the words for. Selling off a huge hardware failure as "LOL remember this nostalsgia???" is just lame. Nothing more than that, but still lame.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Well, this is an interesting thing to celebrate, if its even celebrating.

Omg, lol.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of the lucky ones, mine never died off. The one PS4 Phat one friend gifted me did though lol.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I went through 5 goddamn Xbox 360s. I had never encountered anything like the RROD bullshit. I don't know why they would sell this. I don't think it is offensive, I think it is stupid.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
make profit selling broken consoles, years late make profit from jokes about broken consoles

classic capitalist move

Uzuzu

Nov 18, 2017
It's a promotional art poster for the Red Ring Of Death episode from the xbox docuseries, It's not a celebratory poster.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I mean, there's a scale about acknowledging shitty stuff in your past. At one end, you ignore it and never speak about it, and the other end you're directly profiting from it. I'm not sure you should be on either end of the scale.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I red ringed twice. Meh, no strong opinion one way or another but I understand people who are upset about it.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Some of you are WAY too sensitive and it makes me wonder how you handle the failures and struggles in your own life from people that's aren't your friends and family...

Like wow...some people only come here to be angry. It's something that happened and that they did correct. Microsoft didn't sell poisoned food...come on...like omg you paid some shipping costs and had to wait a few weeks to play some crappy game...so spoiled...

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
I think people are overreacting too much because of a poster from an episode of a documentary. Do people really think Microsoft is celebrating the RROD? lol

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The idea that they're so willing to talk about this shitty period is great. It's part of their (and our) history.

I just can't imagine paying money for this. Or why anybody would. That's the weird part.

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
Great idea.

Had 3 red rings.

Love the poster. RROD hurt MS more than it hurt me.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
This is funny lol

I lost 2 360, one RoD and the other one suddenly scratched my discs, my DVD1 of lost odyssey got a huge circular scratch but it's still work.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
I think they have a poster for each of the Power On episodes and there's one dedicated for the 3RL so yeah, you're free to think they're making fun of it but that's not the case.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This is pure cringe. If it were a random tweet about it, ok sure, that'd be funny, but selling a poster...? Fucking what?

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In the spirit of the 360, the poster will also decay over time and have to be sent in for repairs

Oct 25, 2017
Look07_XBOX_ECOMM_083021_001_1800x1800.jpg

This had to take 1 minute to design.

This t-shirt is $37

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised that people get offended by this.

But I have to ask anyway: really? Does this really makes you feel offended/bad/whatever?

Oct 27, 2017
I went through 6 or so RRoD but I had 3 of the consoles, my Elite never had the issue though. Just an early characteristic (unfortunate) of an otherwise great console.

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny coz I wanted a 360 so bad 2006-2010 and feared getting it and then getting RRoD. Kept me from buying it for years. It was such a big deal then, tho now I wish I had just taken the risk and used the 3 year warranty they added

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Some of you are WAY too sensitive and it makes me wonder how you handle the failures and struggles in your own life from people that's aren't your friends and family...
lmao, yes, you got us all figured out. We can't handle failures and struggles in life because we... think a tacky poster is tacky.

Are you aware of how much money Microsoft had to spend to remedy the RRoD fiasco?
Poor Microsoft. 🎻

May 17, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Platform Warring; History of the Same
I'm not offended but, I do think it says a lot about the history of Xbox that this is something they pay attention to when "celebrating" the brand. Like, it just shows there's not really much to talk about.

It's like if Sony had a poster for the PSN hack or something. Like, that's cool you remember it, and all, but, this actually sucked.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Considering that I had a 360 rrod at a time when great games were dropping and I had to buy a new console, this is beyond fucking stupid and probably one of the worst cases of trying to be "funny" or "cool" or "hip".

Maybe if it was for free, that's fine ... but selling it? lol fuck off.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love this if they gave it away for free to all of us that had multiple fucking system failures requiring hours working with customer support.

One time they just flat out refused to fix mine. Didn't say why, just didn't and sent it back. I love a good joke but frankly this ain't it. Fuck off marketing department, the nerve to actually charge for this is something.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I never owned a 360 but I think it's pretty funny.

I wouldn't hang it up in my house, but it's a nice reference.

Edit: I would also like to see a PSN outage 2011 poster.

Edit 2: also maybe just a general Wii U one.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
It's a promotional art poster for the Red Ring Of Death episode from the xbox docuseries, It's not a celebratory poster.
Ok, this makes more sense..but still, lol.
The idea that they're so willing to talk about this shitty period is great. It's part of their (and our) history.

I just can't imagine paying money for this. Or why anybody would. That's the weird part.
Agree.

Talk about it, acknowledge it, learn from it. Great.

Selling a poster about it....yeah....