• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Source: https://metacouncil.com/threads/red-faction-evolution-mightve-just-leaked.1117/

It's listed on the website list of NVidia Ansel compatible games.

Reminder: this is a THQ Nordic game.

Staff post in a previous THQ Nordic game said:
Everyone is welcome to criticize THQ Nordiq for any past mistakes, but do not make accusations against your fellow community members simply because they are still interested in discussing their products or announcements. Any further posts doing so may be subject to moderation.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised it wasn't leaked by Mark.

With that aside, maybe this will go back to the FPS days of RF1 and RF2?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Dammit, I've been waiting for a new Red Faction for ages, but I just can't support THQ Nordic unless they've taken action against those involved with the AMA.

OP
OP

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, I've been waiting for a new Red Faction for ages, but I just can't support THQ Nordic unless they've taken action against those involved with the AMA.
They haven't. But hey, with luck it will end up in a Humble Bundle in the next few years and you'll be able to set the THQ amount to 0. That, or them finally realizing the immensily stupid thing they did and fire the perpetrators. Whichever comes first...

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Y'know, I'd pretty stocked if it weren't going to be published by THQ.

I really wanna see a game focused on destruction like Guerrila with current gen tech

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I can't think of many games that allowed for the kind of destruction that Guerilla did. It would be nice to see what newer hardware could pull off now.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I love the destruction in these games. It's so satisfying when you take down a building.

Guess we'll get the reveal at e3

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Would it be made by Volition?
Would love them to do a great sequel to the RF Guerrilla before jumping into Saints Row again.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Since Volition's probably on SR5 and Deep Silver/Nordic don't seem to cross streams, the potential that this is good is on an infinite scale extending both ways.

I'm curious, tho. Especially if literally whoever makes a multiplayer in the spirit of Guerrilla.

Toasty

Oct 25, 2017
Sidewinder
There's no way that they wouldn't make it like guerrilla. Out of the recent entries that's the clear favorite. At least out of a poll conducted by myself in which I was the only participant.

thebagel1

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I loved Guerilla, but honestly I'd like to see them go back to the FPS style of 1 and 2, even though 2 was pretty subpar.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It should be noted that Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered is listed on the same page for other countries, but it's still random to just throw some name around. It's been 2 years since Agents of Mayhem, so it's about to get time for a new Volition announcement. It was already confirmed that the next Volition game is coming to current generation consoles (though that doesn't necessarily mean it's coming out before next-gen starts of course).

Nov 24, 2017
Didn't like the last one too much, but I'll give it a try. I think they're aware Guerrilla is the go to Red Faction so it should be more like it than the previous title.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Red Faction gotta be the most overrated IP to come out of Volition

Milquetoast space shooty, yeah I sleep

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If this follows any RF game it should be RF2.

That game everyone sleeps on because they ignored the series until it went open world.
🚶

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Red Faction gotta be the most overrated IP to come out of Volition

Milquetoast space shooty, yeah I sleep

If they can bring stupid levels of terrain deformation into the modern day and back it with quality physics, as well as modern movement and shooting mechanics, that would be pretty novel.

I'm not really interested in blowing up buildings alone, though. I want the full shebang. I want to blow walls open and dig my own tunnels through shit. I wanna take down an entire building by destabilizing the ground beneath it, GIANT WORM style.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They're due for a good one!

Red faction - great
Red faction 2 - crap
Red faction guerrilla - great (still puts newer games destruction to shame)
Red faction Armageddon - crap

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Just imagining what they could do with current gen tech... This could be amazing.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they focus on destruction, there is like no open world game that focuses on destruction out there.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember making bad MP maps for Red Faction 1 on levels4you when I was an edgy teenager. THQ Nordic sucks, but inject this into my veins.