• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favourite games of all time. I would love to see it on the Switch.
I remember this game, Galaxy 2, and 3D Dot Game Heroes all coming out within, like, a week of each other. What a time to be alive.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Such an incredible game with an amazing ending and a damn good DLC expansion in the form of Undead Nightmare.

Started a replay pretty recently. Some of it holds up pretty well and it looks great on the One X. I'm not sure how well that will last when I get to Mexico though XD

10 year anniversary huh? Hope this doesn't mean Rockstar are about to patch out the music, mess up save files and lower the resolution.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
wish it was on gamepass, i would replay it and apparently the X enhancement is one of the best

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
One of the greatest games ever made. Shame it seems we'll never get it on PC as I'd love to play it at higher fps.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
This game is a masterpiece. I think it still holds up nicely even today.

I should do another playthrough soon.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing that RDR1 does better than 2 is the OST. Tracks like Luz y Sombra, El Club De Los Cuerpos, Estancia and Triggernometry brings me joy every time I listen to them.
I also much prefer Far Away, Compass, Deadman's Gun than anything in 2. Only Unshaken feels as memorable to me.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
my favorite game of the last generation.
Rockstar dethroned GTA as their best work and delivered a masterpiece that still looks fantastic.

btw I like Compass even more than Far Away, fitted so well in that moment.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
One of the best games of last generation.

RDR2 on the other hand is my GOAT.

Rockstar nailed it with this franchise.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
RDR is probably my personal GOAT (I go back and forth with it and BOTW), it's just amazing. I really wish there would be a remaster released at some point in time but I'm not holding my breath. It's hard for me to put into words exactly why I love the game so much but just the whole mix of story, gameplay, open world, music, characters just put it above any others.

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017
Such a fantastic game, and at least for me it was much more memorable and enjoyable than RDR2.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
I remember watching 3:10 to Yuma and telling my friend how someone should make "GTA in the wild west". He was like "what, like Grand Theft Horses? Lame..."

What now, CHRIS?!?!

Of course back then I did that with everything like "they should make GTA Medieval Europe" or "they should make GTA in Space" lol.

By yeah RDR is one of the best games ever made.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Playing 2, I still get the feeling 1 is just a mindblowing experience that I don't think 2 gave me.

1 was really fucking good. I wish I can play it again from the start.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A fantastic game at the time. I do think Rockstar's writing in Red Dead 2 puts it to shame, though.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
My second favourite game of all time. Still beats a vast majority of open world games now with its design while being 10 years old. Such an epic game

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
It was alright, mostly bought it to fuck around in multiplayer and just be amazed by the graphics.
Got to Mexico with that one song playing in the background, quickly got bored after that.

Oct 27, 2017
Really amazing game. I am really sad Redemption 2 abandoned the arcade gameplay from this one. The series started as an arcade shooter and Redemption 1 was that but in an open world game.

I had way more fun with the hunting, the mini games were more fun, the missions were way more interesting and better. The game was also way more fun to mess around in freeroam.

Redemption 2 really disappointed me.

Better controls than RDR 2.
Agreed.

Playing the two back to back just makes it way more obvious. I feel the horses were more fun too cause they were faster (2's horses had better control though).

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
That means Alan Wake it 10 years old today too! I bought them both at midnight and had the hardest time picking which one to play first. Damn good times.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
best game of last gen, with its sequel being the only game to surpass it.

legendary protagonist, legendary setting, legendary ending

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I got to the first town and gave up. Horses for courses.

I am playing 2 on Gamepass and the world is great, so beautiful. Gameplay not so great (just not the same level, even as of course it's solid and mostly well done).

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Ableist Rhetoric and Hostility
Unpopular opinion?

I'd say most agree with you.
How is that unpopular exactly?
is it really unpopular tho
Huh? It is universally praised.

What a bunch of retards

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
That means Alan Wake it 10 years old today too! I bought them both at midnight and had the hardest time picking which one to play first. Damn good times.
Yeah I got both together, too. Bought them as a reward for graduating from school.
My method was to play RDR during the day and AW during night-time. Man those were the days.

I'm getting old.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite games ever. Rob Wiethoff's voice acting was absolutely phenomenal, and it's got one of the best endings of all time. Applying that RAGE engine to the Wild West was so genius. I loved the weight of the weapon kickback, and the beauty of José González "Far Away" playing upon entering Mexico is my favorite gaming moment ever.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
a top 10 game of all time for me.
I wish i cared about RDR 2 like i do the original. Because RDR 2 did add nearly everything i wanted in the first game. (swimming, bow & arrow, fishing, boats).

the end was one of my fave endings in a game. So satisfying.
Undead Nightmare is also a top tier DLC. Certainly doesn't look as pretty as u remembered. But its still pretty fun to play

VeggieBurger

Jan 6, 2018
I really need to replay this sometime. I bounced off RDR2 hard after becoming so frustrated with the controls, mission design, and bugs (i had the camp bug where a bunch of my people disappeared and it was confusing the shit out of me for so long). I would love to go back after 10 years and see how RDR1 holds up for me. I remember loving it so much as a 16 year old but I'm very curious if my feeling might change if I played it now.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Amazing game. In my top 10 GOAT.

The soundtrack is just top notch. No game came close of having a great ambient music.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Got it day 1 because friends were interested, so I had no hype and zero expectations. I ended up completing it 100%, which is something I haven't done with any other open world game. I didn't get the platinum because I didn't play online or kill all the bison.

I remember feeling like I had no idea what was going on with the story in the beginning, or what the importance of Dutch's gang was to John Marston. Despite the problems with the story, I enjoyed the world and the characters.