• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These been posted yet?
index.php

index.php

index.php

Reasonably happy as a 5700xt owner.
Source: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pag..._graphics_performance_benchmark_review,1.html

This is some awful fucking performance.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I'm not completely sure it fixed it or the mouse thing just randomly stopped but I verified the game files in the EGS (no problems came back) and now it's gone.
Did you have the mouse curser keep popping up in the center of the screen when hitting start, or when using the item wheel? Either way thanks, but I already got the refund from epic. Surprised they did it so fast.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Decrypting, which seems to be limited to a single thread - seeing my 3900X around 3.8-4.0% usage and 90 MB/s on my 1 TB PCIe SSD which can do like 1.5 GB/s random IO.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be very curious to know what settings are more or less the console equivalent. If I could run this at the console version's fidelity, just at 60fps, I'd be a happy camper. I have a 1660Ti and those Ultra benchmarks look pretty grim.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'll have to see it in action to see if there's a lot more effects than on PS4 Pro, but yeah I'm leaning towards that performance indicating performance bugs. 2080 Ti is orders of magnitudes faster than PS4 Pro, probably double a PS5.

Just look at the decryption algorithm being single threaded, that easily could scale with threads and be 10x faster.

Oct 27, 2017
Did you have the mouse curser keep popping up in the center of the screen when hitting start, or when using the item wheel? Either way thanks, but I already got the refund from epic. Surprised they did it so fast.
I literally had the same windows mouse icon on the screen at all times (even when in a gunfight, the aiming reticle would be on the screen in addition to the windows mouse icon). When i would pan the camera the windows mouse icon would move, it was super disorienting and made the game unplayable. It's gone now for whatever reason.

That said, I might request a refund as well as this thing is a mess.

Sep 28, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Thread Derailment; Account in Junior Phase
This is some awful fucking performance.

i dont think so - Rockstar was one of the few Third Party Devs this Gen who actually fucking used the PS4s Low Level API GNM. They did heavy optimisation for the Consoles and now you just claim that all their manpower and talents just go and deliver a subpar PC Port , because .. yeah actually because what?

This numbers up there show indeed that Consoles have an Edge over similar PC hardware if their low level APis get respected!

So somebody needs to bench thatz Game with an Phenom 2 (older but still faster CPU than Jaguar) and a HD 7850. (this card on PC is 200Mhz faster then the PS4s version) Then we need Bench that trys to find out what System is needed to match the Xbox One X Version of this Game.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
i dont think so - Rockstar was one of the few Third Party Devs this Gen who actually fucking used the PS4s Low Level API GNM. They did heavy optimisation for the Consoles and now you just claim that all their manpower and talents just go and deliver a subpar PC Port , because .. yeah actually because what?

This numbers up there show indeed that Consoles have an Edge over similar PC hardware if their low level APis get respected!

So somebody needs to bench thatz Game with an Phenom 2 (older but still faster CPU than Jaguar) and a HD 7850. (this card on PC is 200Mhz faster then the PS4s version) Then we need Bench that trys to find out what System is needed to match the Xbox One X Version of this Game.

Lol, no. To the metal APIs don't explain why a card that's 10x faster is performing only 2x or whatever we're seeing.

Mylonite

May 15, 2019
Looks like 970 isn't going to cut it. Is upgrading now foolish though?

Personally, it would come down to the amount of pc gaming I did and the number of future titles I had an interest in running at the higher settings/fps.

In terms of the timing, newer and better things are always on the horizon. I typically put little thought into that aspect.

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone who purchased via RGL able to successfully get a refund? It would be really shitty of rockstar to deny refunds because they decided to give away bonus games with the purchase...

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Good one.

The game is under 30 on low settings on a 1050TI.

It's an absolute dumpster fire.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Somehow the game finally just started for me without changing anything! Maybe there was an update. I couldn't get past clicking play on launcher all day until now.
Well now it crashed when trying to run benchmark so not too much better.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Ran the bench mark a couple times, first time the only cap being my monitor's refresh rate at 144Hz, second with 60FPS in Rivatuner, I might've also changed to windowed boarderless which I might change back to fullscreen... Had less pauses in the latter since my poor old 4.5GHz 2500k wasn't getting as hammered at being pegged at 100% on all four cores but still was hitting my 1070 at 2.1GHz at 98/100%. Lighting is definitely something killing things, played abetter in game in the online test I did (still haven't started story mode) to finish the intro stuff to get to free roam. Did get hitches with Vulkan, might try DX12 again after tweaking my settings again.

Is the social club down? I can't get into it through my browser.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017

wow it's been YEARS since i've seen a "to the metal" post

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know of a FOV mod yet? Would love to play more in first person but the low fov is making me dizzy, even when maxed out.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have this on Xbox One X and I have a 1080ti but honestly it sounds like the PC release is just not worth it. Hopefully Rockstar will heavily patch this fixing all the bugs and enhancing performance.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
For those lucky few who have the game running all maxed out at 60+ fps: How much better does it look than console? (Mainly One X, the best console version)

Edit: That's the only reason I'm double dipping on this game; Looking for a higher FPS and better looking game the second time around. If I can't get that, I don't care to play through it again.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a case of shit optimization or just demanding for the graphical fidelity it has ?

Demanding graphical fidelity.
Lol, no. To the metal APIs don't explain why a card that's 10x faster is performing only 2x or whatever we're seeing.

Because it's using an entirely new lighting system as well as 100 other things that aren't in the console version?
These aren't like for like comparisons and the Pro version doesn't come close to looking as good as the PC version.

I guarantee when we find out what setting the Pro was using, that the PC cards will have no problem running it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

You've wasted your time writing a whole lot of nonsense.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Demanding graphical fidelity.

Because it's using an entirely new lighting system as well as 100 other things that aren't in the console version?
These aren't like for like comparisons and the Pro version doesn't come close to looking as good as the PC version.

I guarantee when we find out what setting the Pro was using, that the PC cards will have no problem running it.

Fair enough.

Haven't seen it yet. crash on launch. Trying to update my x570 chipset drivers.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I'd love to know what water physics actually does. Is it the fidelity of shit bouncing on the surface? Can't be the ripples or whatever since that's mostly just done via displacement map nowadays.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I know the game is future proofed somewhat in terms of graphical options but I have to say, this feels a little but like GTA IV when it first released, incredibly poor performance.

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Rockstar is probably coding its games with elephant feet on a typewriter.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, my 1060 6gb is crying right now. It seems that it will run "fine" at medium settings

How can you extrapolate that?
I've not seen any actual measurements of what performance is like under "medium settings". Guru3D are still working on other settings, but they are specifically using something closer to the Best IQ option in this test - and already note that it tanks performance vs the "prefer performance" IQ option

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Um... 1080Ti was consistently in top 4/5 spot in GPU charts and trading blows with the likes of RTX 2080 and RTX 2070 SUPER up until RDR2, but suddenly it's trailing below RTX 2060 SUPER and is merely 12th among the fastest GPUs? You gotta be kidding me with this 2014 tech excuse.

Yeah I don't want to get into conspiracy theory here but it does seem very suspect that this card is only underperforming in this game in that regard, the 1080ti normally outperforms the 2070 super and even the 2080, very strange.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
My frame rate completely tanks at Valentine and starts getting major stutter. Saint Denis is going to be unplayable at this rate.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit of both. The game is in many ways broken on start with people reporting everything from not getting past missions to save files disappearing, crashes, not starting at all, fps drops, stutter menus running at a couple of fps. Usually Rockstar fixes their problems eventually, for example GTA V was running pretty well from the start from what I can remember.

I'd wait for the Steam launch and then buy it.
Thanks. I have plenty to play right now, I'll wait.