• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Turned HDR on once the game loaded and it looks broken. Peak brightness works but the rest of the screen is very dark.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Since there are a fair few issues specific to the Rockstar Launcher, anyone using EGS and having any of the issues?
I have it off epic, no problem playing the game . It makes me launch from rockstar so I'm not sure if there would be a difference.

My problem is the fn mouse curser keeps popping up in the middle of the screen. I'd hate to refund a game over something so minute, but I can't take it.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
I'm generally happy with the performance. On a GTX 1070/8700k at 1080p and hovering around 55-65 fps with a mix of high/medium. Game still looks pretty good too at those settings IMO. I will also say that I haven't run into any stuttering/pauses or game launch issues like some other people so far.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Running a mix of High and Ultra at 2560x1080, Vulkan gives me 57fps and DX12 56fps but Vulkan has terrible frame pacing that makes it look sub-30fps. DX12 has really long loads inbetween the benchmark scenes (10+ seconds) for some reason though, whereas Vulkan is a brief black screen (1-2 seconds) and then loads right up.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
This is why i don't pre-order games. Doesnt matter who the developer is - you have no clue whats coming out.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Is Vulkan only viable on certain setups, cause I'm getting like 50 - 60% of the performance I get on DX12 when I switch over. It's especially noticeable in the swamp section of the benchmark. The performance in that scene is literally halved on Vulkan.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really tempted to upgrade my 6700K. I'm sitting at 100% GPU usage and ~90fps CPU usage on all 8 threads in the opening section. I think my CPU is holding me back here.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
I'm reading some impressions from Polish players and I'm astounded. Game looks horrible.

High settings / 1080P / 4790K + RTX 2060

O7VR9bu.png

comment_cMmuRiBqASsXaRAlxWD2JmcM9aWm9fN2.jpg

I'm glad I didn't preorder it.

that's rdr online, of course it cant be as high fidelity as the single player ... seriously

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Worried by these impressions. Once i can play the game, with my 2080, i might stick to low/medium.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
That's good, I might give a it a go tonight then.
Don't think we can

" No Digital Game or bundle purchases will be refunded if (a) the transaction included physical goods, virtual Currency, virtual goods or any other non-refundable item or (b) there is more than two hours of playtime collectively associated with the games in the transaction (including free or bonus games). "

Wouldn't the pre-order bonuses count as this?

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
X1X is locked 30 fps at 4k and it's basically a RX 570/580, this sounds extremely bad in comparison

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I'm reading some impressions from Polish players and I'm astounded. Game looks horrible.

O7VR9bu.png

there is no way that is actually high preset. Maybe it's not applied properly or bugged. The X version looks miles above that, and yes I mean the online portion as well.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Worried by these impressions. Once i can play the game, with my 2080, i might stick to low/medium.

I7 4790K
GTX 1080
16GB RAM

Im running @1080p and game is real purdy. All settings on high, except for lighting here and there ive chosen ultra. Benchmark gives me 55fps avg. That is good enough for me. No one is gona run this 4K60 all settings maxed. Wait for next gen cards! Though as ive said high settings look great :)

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Don't think we can

" No Digital Game or bundle purchases will be refunded if (a) the transaction included physical goods, virtual Currency, virtual goods or any other non-refundable item or (b) there is more than two hours of playtime collectively associated with the games in the transaction (including free or bonus games). "

Wouldn't the pre-order bonuses count as this?

I can't see how that would apply; if you pre-ordered the game there was no option to NOT get that stuff.

I'm shooting this in for a refund as well. I'm only rocking a 1060 3GB with an i5-8440 and 16GB ram and not really seeing much of a difference between this and the PS4 version, at 1080P.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Fuckin' hell. The launcher just crashes when you try to start the game. Seems a lot of people on Ryzen 3000 experience this, some have managed to fix it by updating BIOS but there is no AGESA 1.0.0.4 update available for mine.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
This was technically going to be a Christmas present from my wife anyway but I dipped early because of the VPN price trick.

By the time I play it at Christmas it will likely be patched up and working better, I hope anyway.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds like my GTX 1060 6GB is gonna be limited to a mix of medium/high and even then won't touch a stable 60 at 1080p. Might just limit it to 30 when I eventually get the game.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for your misery, but you are making me feel better about holding off to the December Steam launch. I hope they patch some of these issues.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

O7VR9bu.png

When I saw that I first thought "Goddam how'd you get to blackwater so fast...?"

That's Red Dead Online, although I'm surprised because RD Online has had very good visual quality, at least way closer to the single player, when compared to GTA V and GTA Online. GTA Online was a serious downgrade from GTA V, but I've thought Red Dead Online has been pretty close.

But yeah, I suspect this is going to be one of the best looking games of all time (as it is on consoles) so I think it'd be tough judging by a handful of very early screenshots from Red Dead Online.