• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you double dipping?

• Yes

Votes: 521 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 365 28.3%
  • This is my first time playing the game

Votes: 405 31.4%

• Total voters

My Name is John Marston

Alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's just the icing on the cake, as the console controls where poor especially in the open world, Planning to play Planet Zoo first tomorrow after work, As I need to disable auto save and make sure it's a completely different save due to my nephew playing the game as well. (As he is clueless when in comes to that)

What time will Planet Zoo launch? It says 28 hours on Steam for me. Is it a global release?

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
So will this control better because it's on PC?

Way better due to higher framerate being more responsive and just having more control options. I plan to play it with the Steam Controller to make use of mouse-like aiming and analog stick movement to get the best of both.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I originally got to Chapter 3 or 4 on PS4 before I got busy and never went back to the game... The lack of save data transfer to PC is a shame but I suppose this gives me chance to start fresh and remind myself of everything.

I'm curious if the trade off of losing 4K HDR will be outweighed by the 144hz G-Sync fluidity.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Way better due to higher framerate being more responsive and just having more control options. I plan to play it with the Steam Controller to make use of mouse-like aiming and analog stick movement to get the best of both.
I wish I could push myself to get used to the steam controller. I just cant. :(

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I originally got to Chapter 3 or 4 on PS4 before I got busy and never went back to the game... The lack of save data transfer to PC is a shame but I suppose this gives me chance to start fresh and remind myself of everything.

I'm curious if the trade off of losing 4K HDR will be outweighed by the 144hz G-Sync fluidity.

I'm going 1080/60/HDR.

No way I'm losing HDR for anything, even if it isn't the best implementation.

TurdFerguson

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
I'm not yet sure if I want to give RD2 another go. I never finished the game on PS4, mostly due to the slow pacing and sluggish controls. Playing it on PC with higher framerates will probably alleviate a lot of the controll issues, but I don't think it's worth giving it a try at full price. I will probably wait for a sale with significantly reduced price sometime in the distant future. :p

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Still gutted we can't transfer characters.

Why could we for GTA but not this?

My Name is John Marston

Alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PSA for everyone: Log into Red Dead Online even if you're not planning on playing it. Rockstar gave us so much money and gold bars to compensate for the server issues. I just created a character when it launched and logged in only when I hear they're giving a compensation, and by the time the big update hit, I had 60+ gold bars.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019

My only guess this that the character transfer for GTA V was designed for transferring characters to the current generation of platforms. PS3->PS4 and 360->XB1 or any previous gen console to PC.

Don't get me wrong.... I think it sucks too. At least its way more easier to level and make money in Red Dead Online now compared to when it originally released on consoles.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah, I'm with you.

Guess I should be happy as I'd be dangerously close to splurging money away and double dipping if there were character transfers or better yet cross-save.

But now after putting a stupid amount of hours into the online since it got the roles and is actually fun, I just can't justify starting all over.

Though down the line, when there isn't a metric ton of other interesting games out, I'll be sure to dip back in for a replay of the story at least.

My Name is John Marston

Alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New driver is out!

VPxviSD.png

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I could be wrong here but I seem to remember for GTA Online, we could only have one platform per profile?

If that's correct, do we know if it'll be the same for RDR2, considering they aren't allowing transfers? Or can I have separate Xbox and PC online characters?

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
giddy up cowboyz

www.nvidia.com

Red Dead Redemption 2: NVIDIA’s Recommended GPUs For 60+ FPS Gameplay

We’ve run the numbers on Red Dead Redemption 2: GeForce RTX GPUs deliver high-quality experiences at 60 FPS in Rockstar’s eagerly anticipated game, and the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is the only card capable of running at 4K.

red-dead-redemption-nvidia-geforce-recommended-graphics-cards.png

a quote from the article

At 3840x2160, only the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti can deliver a high-fidelity 60 FPS experience, giving gamers a stunning level of cinematic detail in
Red Dead Redemption 2 's wilderness, and in Saint Denis, the game's vibrant city. To hit this mark, we tuned settings to a mix of Medium and High, as used at a recent PC version press event, where ...

mmmm.. interesting

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on whether the game will have a built in slider for lowering the rendering resolution but keeping the HUD at native res? I've been having problems with the Nvidia integer scaling option, it never seems to actually scale at all and I just get black borders around the game when I set the resolution to anything lower than the display's full native resolution

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
The nvidia article on RDR2 peformance refers to a performance intensive in game benchmark - lol I dont like the sound of that. Looks like even RTX 2080 Ti needs a mix of high and medium settings to lock 4K60. must be all them damn tree shadows and cactus trees with spines \o/

Oct 30, 2017
giddy up cowboyz

www.nvidia.com

Red Dead Redemption 2: NVIDIA’s Recommended GPUs For 60+ FPS Gameplay

We’ve run the numbers on Red Dead Redemption 2: GeForce RTX GPUs deliver high-quality experiences at 60 FPS in Rockstar’s eagerly anticipated game, and the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is the only card capable of running at 4K.

red-dead-redemption-nvidia-geforce-recommended-graphics-cards.png

a quote from the article

mmmm.. interesting

I got AC Oddysey at 4k 60fps (except caves) at 80% resolution with nearly everything else maxed out.

Hopefully RDR also has a silder.

With a 1080ti/8700k combo.

My Name is John Marston

Alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any word on whether the game will have a built in slider for lowering the rendering resolution but keeping the HUD at native res? I've been having problems with the Nvidia integer scaling option, it never seems to actually scale at all and I just get black borders around the game when I set the resolution to anything lower than the display's full native resolution

I heard it will have a checkerboard rendering option so maybe you can choose the base resolution at least for that.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
I could be wrong here but I seem to remember for GTA Online, we could only have one platform per profile?

If that's correct, do we know if it'll be the same for RDR2, considering they aren't allowing transfers? Or can I have separate Xbox and PC online characters?

I'm not sure what you mean... Are you talking about Social Club profile?

Dec 15, 2017
To me its just a case of Nvidia or making it look like the game is only playable on a 20 series card. RDR2 runs on an Xbox one at 1080p 30 and looks great. Unless we have Ubisoft or nier automata levels of unoptimization, the game should run at 1080 60 with a 970 at least

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Oh cool, I accidentally scrolled down to the comments on the Nvidia's page and of course some fuckface had to drop a major Arthur related spoiler.

Managed to avoid shit for a year until that, cool. Thanks Nvidia for having comments open.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean... Are you talking about Social Club profile?
Possibly yes, I can't remember fully but I do seem to remember getting a message saying I could only log in on one platform (possibly the profile as you say) and I'd have to choose if I wanted to make the Xbox my main platform or not.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
To me its just a case of Nvidia or making it look like the game is only playable on a 20 series card. RDR2 runs on an Xbox one at 1080p 30 and looks great. Unless we have Ubisoft or nier automata levels of unoptimization, the game should run at 1080 60 with a 970 at least

The vanilla X1 version runs at 864p, and has frequent drops to 24-25 fps, especially in Saint Denis.
I reckon a 970 will hit 60 fps at 1080p, but it will require some tweaking, setting certain settings to medium.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I voted 'No,' but I wish there was a "No, for now."

If Rockstar lets you sync your online character, then I'd probably get this for Stadia when it launches. The allure of being able to launch RD Online while I'm at work for ... 20mins, or on my phone at night before going to bed for 30 mins, is great. But only if there's a character sync... I'll still primarily play this on Xbox One X.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Welp, i guess it's a wrap when it comes to my non Ti 2080. Rip my 4K60 dreams.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Can't believe I went an entire year without having anything spoiled and it happens literally less than a day to the PC release, christ. Oh well, still excited to finally get to play it!
Yeah, me too, feels great.

Like, not surprising since I expected it due to obvious reasons but the how is what kind of pissed me off.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Do you guys think a 1080 Ti will hit 1440p at a constant 60fps? I'm also running a Ryzen 9 3900x with 32gb ram.

J3nga

Banned
Mar 31, 2019
User Banned (5 Days): Inappropriate commentary
Yeah, me too, feels great.

Like, not surprising since I expected it due to obvious reasons but the how is what kind of pissed me off.
It ain't entirely true what that own father rape victim wrote, there's a lot more that happens.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think a 1080 Ti will hit 1440p at a constant 60fps? I'm also running a Ryzen 9 3900x with 32gb ram.

I'm sure you'll be good. 2080 Ti seems to be calable for 4K60, so a 1080Ti will fare even better at 1440p.

Just keep in mind this is a super scalable engine so you may need to play around with sliders to get things right.

I've got a 2070 Super (roughly equivalent performance to the 1080Ti), but I'll be targetting 100fps at 1080p, so I'm probably looking at a similar performance target.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Given those Nvidia recommendations looking forward to seeing what the actual performance will be like. Seems like 4k/30 is more the target me, or 60 at a lower resolution. Although I imagine this will be quite demanding on the highest/ultra settings I do always wonder considering the source if these are in some ways just a last minute attempt to frighten people to go out and buy a new graphics cards before the game is out tomorrow.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I'm sure you'll be good. 2080 Ti seems to be calable for 4K60, so a 1080Ti will fare even better at 1440p.

Just keep in mind this is a super scalable engine so you may need to play around with sliders to get things right.

I've got a 2070 Super (roughly equivalent performance to the 1080Ti), but I'll be targetting 100fps at 1080p, so I'm probably looking at a similar performance target.

That is what I had figured since even GTA V on the PC at the time was scalable.

I'd love to go 4K on this but if I can't hit 60 FPS, 1440p is always good too.

100fps at 1080p should be good, at lease everything will run smooth.

Debating if I should buy the Steam version in December or get this one. Still working on a few games so waiting another month won't be an issue.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Possibly yes, I can't remember fully but I do seem to remember getting a message saying I could only log in on one platform (possibly the profile as you say) and I'd have to choose if I wanted to make the Xbox my main platform or not.

You don't need to make multiple Social Club profiles. You just need one. Your separate characters will stay on their own platforms. In Social Club there is a drop down menu where you can select which platform stats you want listed. PSN, Xbox, and PC. All your Online characters and save data are tied to those platforms separately.

Does that make sense? In short, you don't need to do anything if you already have a Social Club account. It keeps the platform data and stats separate.