• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Camera

• 1st Person

Votes: 22 5.1%
  • 3rd Person

Votes: 369 84.8%
  • Both

Votes: 44 10.1%

• Total voters

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
I'm just curious about opinions here. I only just started playing RDR2 in first-person but I'm sort of liking it more than I anticipated. Having a first-person perspective in this vast open world reminds me of Skyrim or Fallout. Do you or have you ever used the first person camera in RDR2?

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I switched between them. That's the joy of it. You don't need to pick just one.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
First Person in Rockstar games is so cool and immersive...

...but that FOV...

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I felt the FPS camera was kinda janky, and Arthurs animations are so good I wanted to see them.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I switched between them. That's the joy of it. You don't need to pick just one.
Yes. I feel like it's one of the few games where switching between both didn't feel jarring. There's applications for both. Traversing around I would be in 3rd person. During hectic moments it's 1st person. No need to stick with one.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
90% third person.

I will sometimes switch to first indoors to get a more detailed look at items, though.

Max A.

Oct 27, 2017
I did third person for most missions and riding on a horse, first person for everything else. First person was such an immersive experience, roaming around in the woods, walking in Saint-Denis. Hmm, I might need to reinstall that game.

Oct 3, 2019
I would love to play in first person for max immersion but my main gripe with it is that it cause you to jog with the stick held down. I'd rather they had it so if you held X you went that speed and tap for sprint.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
First person is neat for a while and I'm glad the option exists, but not to play the game with.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
First person sometimes in fire fights, but pretty much third person the rest of the time. Arthur Morgan's model and animation are done so well that it kind of takes away not being able to see it.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like the option to switch. But I'll default to third person every time. I love seeing my character. RDR2 in particular. Arthur's model is fantastic.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
too much to appreciate in third person. The animations, how detailed Arhtur's model is, how you get wet, dirty, sweaty, bluddy, muddy, etc.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
I'm glad when games give the player the option, but RDR2 feels designed for third. I really only go into first to admire a new weapon or whatever.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure its just my imagination but the controls feel more responsive (less input lag) in first person (playing on pc) so thats how I've been playing it. I go third person when horse riding though

May 26, 2018
First person is good to use in specific circumstances, but it's third person for me. Game is third person at its core and that's how I play it.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
We're getting RDR remake???? Joy!!! (I hope we do someday.)

RDR2's first person's controls were so different from third that I only used it sporadically or when I wanted to gaze out on a viewpoint.

Oct 27, 2017
I played probably 75% of the game in third person, but I really enjoyed having the option to play in first as well. The game is incredibly immersive, and it makes for a nice changeup in shootouts.

Grimmer

Apr 3, 2018
First-person to get 3-stars carcass from little animals like squirrels. Sometimes to get more precision during shootouts. But most time I used third-person.

FOV and controls riding horses made first-person less enjoyable in this game.

El Beefo

May 9, 2018
First person felt like a player made mod. It was cool at times, but the game was clearly built around third person.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
1st person for looting houses, looking around stores, and generally whenever I wanted to get a closer look at something. 3rd person for everything else.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I switched between both, often for long stretches at a time.

First person is really immersive and it's pretty fun to shoot with kb/m. Third is easier to navigate in, especially on horseback, and the wider view sometimes comes in handy.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
first person with reduced bobbing and increased FOV is actually pretty fantastic in RDR 2.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Third person second FOV option for my whole playthrough. First person hardly keeps me going, it tends to bore me quickly.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First person occasionally for gunfights. It's kind of jarring though how first person changes the movement system / speed, the jogging speed while third person is the default movement speed in first person. Which I guess makes sense, going through the slow realistic turning movements in first person probably wouldn't feel too great.

First person on horseback is a headache.