• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
tumblr_pi1nxxRmtL1wpgo1l_540.gif

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The wording regarding "opening performance" for the online is odd. Maybe it didnt gather enough interest post launch?

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impressive, Rockstar did amazing work on it. They need to move it with the PC version though, I want that sweet 60fps for my second time around.

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
wow is this real? this would mean just 2 more millions and it would outsell GTA4!

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. An absolutely fantastic game all around. Hope Rockstar never changes their style, considering their games continue to sell like crazy.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the issues i had with it i ended up loving it. The highs were so high that they washed away any misgivings i might have had. Great game.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Not my cup of tea but i acknowledge its quality. As for the online that part is undeserved as hell. Sad to hear its performing better than GTAO.

At least this game gave us Dutch memes.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I wonder how well the online is retaining players, because anecdotally it's doing much worse than the GTA Online launch at that aspect.

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Dayum. And that's not with a PC version nor a next-gen version. Numbers will only keep going up. Other developers must dream of selling 23 million units. It seems just totally bonkers that nearly 1 in 5 console owners have a copy.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. An absolutely fantastic game all around. Hope Rockstar never changes their style, considering their games continue to sell like crazy.

I hope they will go even deeper into immersive simulations while providing more freedom and player agency within missions and narrative.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I'll be honest, I'm a little shocked with RDR Online pulling more than GTA Online, currently, anyway. It's pretty damn barebones. Still though, it's Rockstar.

Single player absolutely deserves it, It's brilliant.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
GTAV shipped 32.5million in about the same timeframe (it was 32.5m at the end of 2013). So this is over 2/3 of GTAV so far, which is really amazing and a lot better than I expected.

v1ta

Oct 28, 2017
Well deserved, I do hope they get RDO up to snuff, I've stopped playing as it feels to be lacking in content.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
Rockstar turning a Wild West franchise into a GTA-tier mainstrean success is absolutely insane. It's on pace to outsell every GTA except V after less than a year.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Glad it sold well. Even with its setbacks, the game is such a great experience.

Never felt as engrossed in a video game world as I've been with RDR2.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised about general sales but damn about the MP, shit can barely be called barebones (it would need some bones first) and already making bank? Can't even imagine when there's content like GTA:O.

Having a premium currency probably helped a lot, I expect that to be the norm going forward for GTA/RDR, which is a shame. That garbage belongs on mobile games.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I have mixed feelings about the quality of RDR2, and together with the working conditions of the staff I would consider this far from deserved, but it is pretty cool that the industry has enough stretch to make huge investments like these worth it.

I don't think doing better than GTA online from the outset says much though. It had all that moment slowly built up from GTAV.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Despite its several tiny issues, it's still an impressive game and absolutely deserves it.

Just wished they would finally give us some QoL updates for SP and not just focus on MP.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to hear the online doing that well. There's next to nothing to it in comparison.