• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 9, 2017
Wow. Simply....wow.

I have the game on the Xbox One X & PS4 Pro and I am STUNNED at how good this looks on the PC........like I wish I had a PC that could run it now.

Game of the gen for me so far (TLOU2 might have a run at that).

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I always had a no double-dipping rule. Looks like that will be broken soon.

Though I'm not sure if my rig (i7-7700k, RTX 2070) will be able to max it out at 60FPS. Probably not.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
BGPuzLZ.jpg

1DBQiuJ.jpg

yULrHJB.jpg

q5ys6t3.jpg

rK4fyRR.png

XsoCJfn.jpg

IKohnOu.png

otoSuqa.jpg
The draw distance for foliage/grass was already crazy on consoles. But geez. I hope we get a remaster for the ps5/xbox2

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Wish I had waited. Not sure I have the time to go through it again, but I'll pick at some point just to see the pretty pictures for a few hours.

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Gave up halfway through on the PS4 due to the terrible/frustrating gameplay, but damn, really looking forward to the PC version, even though I'm using a 1060 6GB so unlikely to max out I shouldn't have a problem running much, much higher than the base PS4 and it already looked amazing on that system, plus cheat engine, mods, etc., will undoubtedly make it a much more playable game for me. Might actually finish it XD.

Gameplay was fine, just gotta tweak the settings some man

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Man I've got little interest in playing through the story all over again but a mountain of interest in just wandering the world and soaking it all in. Red Dead Redemption 2's immersion factors through visual and audio production are just absurdly detailed and nuanced. I literally just want to ride my horse around through the valleys, rapids, forests, fields, and snow, through sun, rain, storms, wind, and night, and totally zen out.

I can't remember, did the game lock a lot of gameplay mechanics or other content behind main story missions? Aside from the obvious new campsites. I also couldn't care less about going through the story again, but I'd definitely like to just wander the world, hunting animals and outlaws and screwing around.

Jun 1, 2018
Is there something like a cheat engine for this game? I stopped around chapter 4 but I dont want to replay the whole game but continue from there on.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Damn gorgeous.

Is there any chance of a save transfer from consoles? I only got part way in - I may just start over but it'd be nice to pick up where I was.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I know this sounds stupid but...

The 30fps didnt bother me on PS4 Pro. The game is very cinematic (even the trailer is letterboxed) and 30fps fits. 4K 60fps breaks this illusion quite a bit. xD

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Man I've got little interest in playing through the story all over again but a mountain of interest in just wandering the world and soaking it all in. Red Dead Redemption 2's immersion factors through visual and audio production are just absurdly detailed and nuanced. I literally just want to ride my horse around through the valleys, rapids, forests, fields, and snow, through sun, rain, storms, wind, and night, and totally zen out.

Same here. But I'm not paying full price just to do that, I'll wait for a deep sale.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Looks amazing. Ready to get lost in that world again.

Probably won't upgrade to a 4k system for another year or two, but my 1080ti should be able to keep this at 60 with quite a few bells and whistles on top of it to clean up the image quality a good deal.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
The draw distance for foliage/grass was already crazy on consoles. But geez. I hope we get a remaster for the ps5/xbox2
lol, look what monstrous numbers GTAV remasters brought in (remember people saying, that everybody already played it on X360/PS3 ..).
There is no doubt that there is one in the pipe.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I always had a no double-dipping rule. Looks like that will be broken soon.

Though I'm not sure if my rig (i7-7700k, RTX 2070) will be able to max it out at 60FPS. Probably not.
At what resolution? At 1080p you should easily hit 60fps, perhaps even at 1440p.

Keep in mind that you don't want to max every single setting as some settings can look identical between ''Very High'' and ''Ultra'' but have a 10-15 fps difference.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my RTX2080Ti is ready

Now I finally feel that regret of playing this on Pro

But then again it is such a masterpiece that experiencing it again at 60fps will be even better

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be fan-freakin-tastic!!!! I have the One X version, but never played it. I let me son take it. lol. So, this will be a first for me. I wonder if I should play the first one on my 360.

It'll be interesting to see how far the Ryzen 3700x +2080ti+32GB RAM can push this for my 27" 1440p Predator and 4k+HDR BenQ 32".

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this is quite a leap over console version which already was looking gorgeous. Sold my ps4 copy and buying it on PC just for exploration alone and some inevitable mods.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Looks absolutely amazing. I don't have time to beat this game again but I may double dip eventually just to play around at 60fps.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be fan-freakin-tastic!!!! I have the One X version, but never played it. I let me son take it. lol. So, this will be a first for me. I wonder if I should play the first one on my 360.

It'll be interesting to see how far the Ryzen 3700x +2080ti+32GB RAM can push this for my 27" 1440p Predator and 4k+HDR BenQ 32".

The first game is worth playing for sure.

I belive it's also X enhanced so you don''t have to play the 360 version.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
If you haven't played it, or it didn't click with you right away, I'd really encourage everyone to slog through the first few hours [...]

What's the common suggestion - get through chapter 2? 3? before worrying about going out into the world for free exploration? I'm PC-only so I tuned out most of the discussion last fall.

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
Looks great. But I do have to wonder what card will run this at 4k 60 fps.
GTX 1080 Ti might be able to handle 4K 60fps at console-quality settings, with maybe even some enhancements over consoles.
What specs do you reckon for 4k 60fps?
GTX 1080 Ti/RX 5700 XT or above on the GPU side and 8-thread CPU from Intel and AMD on the CPU side. 12 GB system RAM.
My 2080ti has a plan
What about the money?