• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Can I transfer my unfinished file to PC from PS4? I want to play this on my beefy PC but I don't want to start from scratch, help!

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
I do own GTAV on Rockstar Launcher but I'm not sure if I will get this there or not. I only made it to chapter 3 because I really wanted to play first person but the controls suck on controller.

Did you change the controller layout to "standard FPS" for the first-person controls in the settings menu?

Can I transfer my unfinished file to PC from PS4? I want to play this on my beefy PC but I don't want to start from scratch, help!

I think that if there is going to be any transferred data, it will be for Online characters only.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
I'm waiting for maybe 2 years for mods to mature, and if mods never mature I'm ok with not playing it. I'm looking for all out Saints Row level of wacky. Flying, supercars, magic, revamped law system that don't get on your back for bumping into a person, etc. etc. I'm in for fun.
Ye they really went for realism on this one so if you're looking for that sort of fun waiting for mods is probably your best bet

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
Mmm I'll watch rdr1 story on YouTube to wait for this... Or do you think it's worth to be played on Playstation now even elif I havent got time?

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019

Then why bother releasing it on Steam at all? They could go Ubisoft if they really care about those cuts. People who don't want to use EGS just use uPlay directly that can be seen from Ubisoft's statement about Division 2 player numbers. Then there is Stadia which also take 30% cut.

I don't think it's about cut, maybe there is an entity that doesn't want RDR2 to release day 1 on Steam.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I really really wish people would stop posting inaccurate information

A) the Steam margin is 80% for RDR2, not 70% as stated
B) Stadia takes a 30% cut - wouldn't make sense to release it on Stadia without a delay if we follow that logic
C) maybe the moneybag from Epic has something to do with the Steam delay, who knows
I'm sure Google is giving Rockstar a deal for putting the game on Stadia.

I have a feeling Epic is paying to have it on their store instead of making it Exclusive (which it isn't) like they usually do. Maybe GMG, Gamestop digital(?), and Stadia don't count as other stores since one is Linux, and the other two are just Rockstar Games Store codes. They probably even paid Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines 2 to be on the store as well, even though it's in other places since it needs the blockbusters as well as smaller games. Being left out of having something like RDR2 would hurt.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Were you born yesterday or what
If i were to release RDR2 i'd do it in this exact same way. Release on own store first, other stores providing more income than Steam shortly later and Steam following a month after that. Grab as much money as you can from people who don't care about launchers and then let the Steam-only crowd in a month after.

If i were Epic, one month would not be worth it at all, considering it'll release later than Rockstar's own store anyway.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'll easily wait for the Steam release and hope the month delay gives modders time to fix any lingering issues, although the lackluster mission design can't really be fixed.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it on PS4 base. Amazing experience, kinda lacking in the gameplay responsiveness department but the world and characters were immersive and well crafted. Arthur took over Jon's title as Rockstar's best protagonist for me. The game is already a looker w/ basic settings. I can only imagine how amazing it'll run on a decked out PC.

May I stand Unshaken
Amid, Amidst a crashing world.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. I was hoping the PC launch would be accompanied by the Rockstar Editor like the GTA V PC port.

Dolorean

Sep 20, 2019
I really really wish people would stop posting inaccurate information

A) the Steam margin is 80% for RDR2, not 70% as stated
B) Stadia takes a 30% cut - wouldn't make sense to release it on Stadia without a delay if we follow that logic
C) maybe the moneybag from Epic has something to do with the Steam delay, who knows

Steam margin is not 80% for RDR 2, it can actually never fully get there. The margin is variable depending on units sold.

I think expectations(from sell-side analysts is that it will sell around ~5m units on PC this fiscal year. Let's say ~40% on steam (could be more, could be less), but let's use as an estimate. Then that is 2x$60 = $120m of gross sales, which would imply 77.5% margin (i.e. 22.5% cut). It is not only on the upfront sales where it matters for the publisher, but ongoing sales. Big difference if you generate in-game spend with a 100/88/80% incremental margin.

No way that Stadia takes a 30% cut. Likely much lower, otherwise no reason for publishers to port there. Key reason why they are going with Stadia is to provide an alternative to PS/Xbox and their 30% platform fees. I would guess Stadia is somewhere in the 15% range.

Epic definitely paid for the exclusivity (although probably not as much given Rockstar Launcher, means no guaranteed sales unlike BL3, and much shorter period).

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Fuuuuck yeeeeeah, bay-beee!!!!

Favorite game ever coming to favorite platform ever. Day one on Steam (I've already waited this long, plus Death Stranding will help kill the time).

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Did you change the controller layout to "standard FPS" for the first-person controls in the settings menu?

I think that if there is going to be any transferred data, it will be for Online characters only.
I did, the controls still suck. Aiming on a controller in first person with 30fps isn't fun. I can only enjoy it in third person on my PS4.

60+fps is gonna be huge for responsiveness and movement in first person.

Hadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. Took this screenshot on my PS4

xBNFUUY.jpg

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
It will have been one year and one week when the PC port releases. We should all have expected this. All according to Rockstar's Keikaku.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Activision literally just released a game on Steam. What is going on with those Tweets?
Likely no heavy microtransactions, but Anno does have dlc which if bought on Steam shares profits with Valve for the Steam users. I wonder if Ubisoft can do what MMO Steam games apparently can't, allow Steam players to buy the mtx+dlc on the UPlay launcher since they need the storefront to play their games anyway. You can buy a limited amount of mtx with Uplay points there, I'm not sure about DLC though.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
So excited for this, been waiting for so long to finally play at a smooth framerate and clean image quality. I really hope there's some form of crossing over with the consoles, mostly cross-save for the Online portion but I highly doubt it since real money is involved in the progression

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it'll release with Vulkan support. As it's on Stadia too, they already have a working Vulkan build.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
That Zhuge tweet is unfortunate. Nevertheless, it's great the game isn't restricted on any store. I'll buy on Steam.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
since I moved, my gsync monitor has been in its box in the closet... I think I might need to break it out for this

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Likely no heavy microtransactions, but Anno does have dlc which if bought on Steam shares profits with Valve for the Steam users. I wonder if Ubisoft can do what MMO Steam games apparently can't, allow Steam players to buy the mtx+dlc on the UPlay launcher since they need the storefront to play their games anyway. You can buy a limited amount of mtx with Uplay points there, I'm not sure about DLC though.
uuh... okay?
I was referring to the "Acti is not on 3rd Party stores anymore" statement while Activision literally just released another game on a 3rd party store

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I'd like to try this on PC but can't really justify it when all my friends will be playing RD Online on PS4 (if indeed R* can fix up the online).

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what kind of graphical improvements we can look forward to. Probably not as many as GTAV since that was cross gen, but I wonder if there will be ray tracing involved. Not that my hobbled old PC could manage it, but you know... for the future.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
uuh... okay?
I was referring to the "Acti is not on 3rd Party stores anymore" statement while Activision literally just released another game on a 3rd party store

if it's not a GAAS, it can go on on 3rd party stores, that seems to be the logic.

Activision released Crash, Spyro and Sekiro on Steam, but it's been keeping Destiny and COD on Battle.net to cash in on all the MTX.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with CTR, if that gets ported to PC.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I really hope the modding is limitless. I've wanted to take vehicles across that landscape for too long now lol

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
if it's not a GAAS, it can go on on 3rd party stores, that seems to be the logic.

Activision released Crash, Spyro and Sekiro on Steam, but it's been keeping Destiny and COD on Battle.net to cash in on all the MTX.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with CTR, if that gets ported to PC.
Destiny isn't a Activision title anymore and it's also the 4th most played game on Steam right now.

I was just wondering why he would use Activision as an example why big publishers will not release on 3rd party stores but only on their own platform + EGS instead while its simply factually incorrect because Activision still release on 3rd party stores like Steam. The other example (EA) is also kinda ... not fitting because they left 3rd party stores way before the EGS was a thing.

Edit: seems like the original Tweet got deleted