• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Neat. I'll probably wait for the steam version. Also, i feel bad for all the crows.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Red Dead Redemption II for PC |OT| "Release on three storefronts" (*One month later*) "My mistake: four storefronts"

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Love it. This is how you release on pc. Put it on everything. Give players incentives to buy in one place vs another. I'll be waiting for the steam release. I wonder if the free prepurchase stuff that you'd get in the rockstar launcher would be purchaseable in steam?

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC |OT| - I got the horses in the back
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC |OT| - You can't whip your Porsche

Red Dead Redemption II for PC |OT| Once Upon A Time In The West

Red Dead Redemption II for PC |OT| The Ecstasy of GOTY

Nice!

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC |OT| - All It took was a little FAITH

Haha!

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC |OT| - One more month is enough to visit Los Santos

My bags are already packed!

This makes exactly 0% sense.

I suppose they want to maximize revenue during a one-month launch window.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Hmm. My laptop usually runs games at parity with consoles at least but I can only think this will melt it :(
Already played it all on PS4. Was fucking worth it amazing game. May double dip in the future with a new rig would love to play it at it's prettiest.

Also fucking lol on the 1 month delay and framing it like Rockstar are desperate for that sweet EGS dev cut. Either it was a deal that 1 month cost as much as Borderlands 3 for 6months, or Rockstat are hoping to kinda tease the Uplay scenario and see if they can drive people to buy from their store instead of EGS.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Nice. It will be great to play this with a stable frame rate. I'll be buying on Steam. One month makes no difference when you've already been waiting for so long.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
My PC died today. Luckily I'll have a new one by the time this hits.

Now to decide if I want to wait for the Steam version or go Rockstar Launcher...

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true I wonder why they didn't just go the whole hog and make it exclusive to their launcher?
Well the number of copies sold of GTA5 on Steam is staggering. 80 percent of a lot of money is still a lot of money and they don't have to rock the boat. 80 percent still fills the gap between consoles (70 percent) and egs (88 percent).

The first month of sales is typically a big month so it makes sense this way to get 100 percent of sales from people who need it on day one. After this you sell to one of the biggest gaming markets available being Steam. The number of eyeballs in Steam (especially worldwide) probably worth the cut.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So.. Does anyone know if we'll be able to transfer our online character from console to PC ?

We don't know yet. Hopefully we can like we could do with GTA Online when that launched on PC.

Have the SysReq been revealed yet?

Apparently we will know on October 9th.

Check back to the Rockstar Newswire on October 9th for the first screenshots, system specifications and additional details.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
My build its ready! Bring it up those sweets 60 fps! December that is, i have ton of shit to play still and DS is around the corner.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I have been waiting for this (and can certainly wait another month for Steam) but now I'm getting concerned my PC is a little too long in the tooth to really get a good experience out of this (I can play Assassin's Creed Odyssey on medium settings but it does chug at times). Depending on on exact requirements this could be my gateway for Stadia.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I do own GTAV on Rockstar Launcher but I'm not sure if I will get this there or not. I only made it to chapter 3 because I really wanted to play first person but the controls suck on controller.

d2kx

Oct 3, 2019
Germany
That's really cool!! Hopefully Detroit: Become Human will launch before RDR2 on EGS so that I can finish it and be ready.

Never played a RDR game before but am looking forward to getting lost in some beautiful forests!!

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
This makes exactly 0% sense.

Wait, what part doesn't make sense? Is the argument that because Steam has such a larger market audience, it negates the store % cut?

I played the snot out of this on PS4. I wonder if it's worth a double-dip on PC, as I never played Red Dead Online.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah!

This will be my first experience with the RDR franchise. Never played the first and I waited for the PC version of the second.

Day 1 on the Rockstar launcher (I always prefer to buy my games on the official launcher of each publisher).

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The 1 month anti-Steam period is more hilarious to me than anything. Why even bother if your millions can only get you that? Rockstar launcher will probably get the most day one sales. Steam will get the most sales after a month. I can't blame Rockstar for taking what seems like free money.

I can't wait to use mods. Will be the only way I ever replay this game since it's such a huge slog.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus christ, finally. With October+November stacked i have no problem with Steam releasing December either, actually surprised it's releasing there at all.

This made my day. Can't wait to return to this generation-defining game.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
Hope all of you on pc enjoy it, i personally thought it was extremely boring at times and it's highly overrated but it can be enjoyable

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Epic paying to not release the game on Steam for a month. That sounds actually pathetic, like more than the usual.

I can't believe Rockstar took the money either. PC releases are so dumb nowadays.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that I don't have to hold any keys down to confirm actions or that there's a mod to undo that. Really the only thing that annoyed me about the game

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Not really sure if this is a game I'll like.
Regardless, "waiting" for the version on a feature rich service like Steam is no issue. December releases don't work well for me as I'm away from my computer over the holiday period, so probably won't even get it till Feb

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Epic paying to not release the game on Steam for a month. That sounds actually pathetic, like more than the usual.

I can't believe Rockstar took the money either. PC releases are so dumb nowadays.
How do we know Epic is behind that? Seems weird, considering it's only a month or so. It's not like the people hell-bent on skipping Epic store can't wait that short amount of time.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah, Steam release too, and barely later. I honestly probably won't want to replay RDR2 until a little bit later, like next fall, but I'm glad it will be there when I'm ready (and have a new PC).

All just great news!

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I really really wish people would stop posting inaccurate information

A) the Steam margin is 80% for RDR2, not 70% as stated
B) Stadia takes a 30% cut - wouldn't make sense to release it on Stadia without a delay if we follow that logic
C) maybe the moneybag from Epic has something to do with the Steam delay, who knows

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Hope all of you on pc enjoy it, i personally thought it was extremely boring at times and it's highly overrated but it can be enjoyable
I'm waiting for maybe 2 years for mods to mature, and if mods never mature I'm ok with not playing it. I'm looking for all out Saints Row level of wacky. Flying, supercars, magic, revamped law system that don't get on your back for bumping into a person, etc. etc. I'm in for fun.