• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon and Death Stranding coming around then, I'll gladly wait till December.

EDIT: Oh damn Rockstar Launcher gives you 50 gold bars for pre-ordering it. Hmm...

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
one month exclusivity when it's also on the rockstar launcher is so weird. wonder how much that cost epic.

still no interest in playing it though.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get it on Steam. One month exclusivity is pathetic. And no one in their right mind will buy it on EGS.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say good move not announcing it to a specific game store other that Rockstar Games Store, but it looks like they already had all the possible deals at the table. What if someone else brings out a game store that tops EGS on deals.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone should play this amazing game.
I hope they'll release the first RDR too. Played it on X360 years ago, but really want to play it again.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
About damn time. Now I'm hoping it comes with raytracing support so I can put my 2080 Ti on its knees. The west is gonna be W I D E at 5120x1440!

I wonder if it will be really easy though because a big part of RDR2's difficulty on consoles is that the aiming is even after the patch pretty much shit, making it difficult to hit nearby targets without opting for auto-aim. When I can play with a mouse or more likely Steam Controller gyro aim I'll be headshotting those bounty hunters without dead eye all day long.

Since they said it's going to be available October 23rd for other digital stores, I wonder if it is like GTA V that you still need to use the Rockstar Launcher anyway. That would suck.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I assume the new story content will eventually make its way into the inevitable next-gen console release.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The most predictable announcement ever. Rockstar's artificial port plays at this point are very obvious.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Will wait a month for steam but lol how fucking pathethic.

Wish they'd dropped a graphical enhancements trailer along with it. Going to look crazy at 4K 60 fps

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
A one-month moneyhat is some next level petty shit man.

That said I assumed this was going to be a Ubisoft like thing were they make a bajillion dollars off of Epic just to push people to their new launcher. So that it's everywhere only a month later is better than I expected I guess?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
434fbeff396c9c7a85373dd25abb615e1ea263a8.png

But no details about the new story mode content 🤔

edit: I guess they mean this?!

meeeeh

Yea, I'm not expecting anything substantially new with story stuff.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Steam release a month later lolololololol.

Rockstar and 2K aren't stupid. They want their game to sell a lot and they know it will on Steam than EGS. However, they also want that EGS money and Tim is more than happy to give it. Oh well I'll gladly wait but I'm glad a struggling publisher and developer like Rockstar can have a bonafide hit finally on the PC marketplace.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It was only a matter of time after the AU cert leaks and them launching them own launcher.

Awesome news though.

What are the chances they'll offer save transfers from old platforms?

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
In my opinion one of the best games of all time. Nice to see it finally coming to PC for those that haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Cool to see it launching on Stadia as well.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Lol, 1 month... Hmm might get it on rockstar launcher, if not that.. Steam most like.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how much Epic paid Rockstar to delay the Steam version of RDR2 by 1 month.

Otherwise not much change from prior R* games on PC, they've had their own store for years. I thought it was unlikely that they'd stop releasing games on Steam entirely, but I wasn't totally sure.

Edit: Epic put the horse before the cart.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Excellent, now PC gamers can share in the disappointment.

Wonder how much Epic paid for that month.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Just as I'm *about* to finish the PS4 (pro) version...

lol. I'm probably mostly excited about the Stadia version because some friends who don't own a console can play it now. Glad to see the Steam delay isn't so terrible.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Is the Rockstar launcher bad? The GTAV one was trash and it made me regret not buying it through Steam, but it'd be nice to not have to wait into December to buy RDR2

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I expected release to be further away. I can wait an extra month to get a better version of the game. Getting GTAV on Rockstar's mess off a launcher was a big mistake for me.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see the mods and this game maxed out on a 2080ti. God damn it's going to be something else.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I love the idea of Take Two telling Epic that they can only afford a month of exclusivity lmao

Great it's finally coming though, will double dip.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
EGS cool with a game that comes out simultaneously on Steam? I must have missed something.

Anyway, great news for PC players.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Kinda expected this but well iam not big on RDR and considering how they treat their PC audience with years of delaying PC launches, i'll buy it when its cheap on a steam sale that is IF i choose to buy it after the bloat that GTAV was.