• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought W3's drunk quest was a little funnier

Yeah, except a few scenes it felt alittle less natural
(i loved that they pick a fight but flash forward and they dance all together, or the lennies scene)
, w3 writers may have drunk with buddies a lil more... Or it s just that the characters have known each other for tens of years and are brothers instead of acquaintancies...
Thinking about it it makes sense.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
So uh, I used to love "slipping" and falling in GTA online, but when it also happens to your horse.... makes me feel kinda bad lol.

Don't worry, my first bought horse is STILL alive! Thank you horse reviver

Wonder where they got all these "horse pain cries" sounds. Also, are certain horse types better at navigating mountain terrain?

I'm still keeping an eye out for faster horses but nothing substantial has come up.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wish the game structured out the camp members a bit better in terms of story/side missions. Like I still barely know much about a few of the dudes, and sadie basically just had 1 mission really so far at ch4.

Not saying we need like a mass effect style setup, but I do kinda wanna know a bit more about the camp. Also I seem to have a hard time triggering random camp dialogue events at times which is a bummer. Maybe I should just idle there all day?

Do you not walk around camp doing things? There's multiple chores you can do (split wood, carry hay, fetch water, etc) which boost your standing with the camp, then there's the morning stew + coffee that gets put out for everyone to eat and drink (which restores your health/stamina/deadeye).

Hanging around camp characters will have conversations not just with you, but each other too which can flesh their characters out simply by you listening to them, there's some great ones too. The game will even allow you to interject sometimes or the characters themselves will notice you standing near them talking to someone else and they'll ask you for your opinion on it, so it goes from being a two-way conversation with two npc's to a three-way conversation with you, feels really natural.

Then there's also events that can happen for the camp like (chapter 2 spoiler)
When you get Sean back, the camp throws a party for him and there's dancing/singing and some great conversations they have with you and others

The camp itself is one of the main ways you are meant to get to know all the people in the camp, if you are just ignoring it and riding off for missions and never talking to people in camp or spending time in it you are literally missing the biggest way the game builds up the side characters.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Do you not walk around camp doing things? There's multiple chores you can do (split wood, carry hay, fetch water, etc) which boost your standing with the camp, then there's the morning stew + coffee that gets put out for everyone to eat and drink (which restores your health/stamina/deadeye).

Hanging around camp characters will have conversations not just with you, but each other too which can flesh their characters out simply by you listening to them, there's some great ones too. The game will even allow you to interject sometimes or the characters themselves will notice you standing near them talking to someone else and they'll ask you for your opinion on it, so it goes from being a two-way conversation with two npc's to a three-way conversation with you, feels really natural.

Then there's also events that can happen for the camp like (chapter 2 spoiler)
When you get Sean back, the camp throws a party for him and there's dancing/singing and some great conversations they have with you and others

Yeah, the integration is great. I heard two people having a very deep discussion so I walked right up to them but didn't interact as they were still chatting then out of the blue one is like "So what do you think Arthur, should we *blah blah blah*". Very cool, makes you feel like you really are a part of the whole gang and not just a player initiating all the conversations.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Wish the game structured out the camp members a bit better in terms of story/side missions. Like I still barely know much about a few of the dudes, and sadie basically just had 1 mission really so far at ch4.

Not saying we need like a mass effect style setup, but I do kinda wanna know a bit more about the camp. Also I seem to have a hard time triggering random camp dialogue events at times which is a bummer. Maybe I should just idle there all day?

I'm also finding the character development limited, starting Chapter 5. The incidental conversation around the camp can be interesting but I don't feel like it's really getting me to know these people any better. It's also really goddamned irritating when you start a main quest thinking it's going to be with that person and it ends up sticking you with Micah, who is the worst.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The camp itself is one of the main ways you are meant to get to know all the people in the camp, if you are just ignoring it and riding off for missions and never talking to people in camp or spending time in it you are literally missing the biggest way the game builds up the side characters.
Yup, i agree, and i liked that a lot. Much less hand holding. You can blast through in a speed run but can let the game immerse you if you are willing to make time for it.
You can follow the mental states of sadie clearly for example when you just give ears to what she has to say and talk to her frequently.

Last edited:

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, except a few scenes it felt alittle less natural
(i loved that they pick a fight but flash forward and they dance all together, or the lennies scene)
, w3 writers may have drunk with buddies a lil more... Or it s just that the characters have known each other for tens of years and are brothers instead of acquaintancies...
Thinking about it it makes sense.
Both are awesome I agree

I love Big Valley so much, such a beautiful area. Too bad its so empty

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just finished chapter 5... when you drop the girl you rescued from the Murfrees Arthur sees Edith Downes going inside a door with a john. Except, I already did her quest line where you convince her son to stop working in the mines and, scare off one of her johns, and give her some money to run off and start a new life. Did the game just not expect me to do this quest line by the end of chapter 5? Seems like an odd oversight for a game that has so much attention to detail and incidental dialog for everything.

Also, I was always assuming that Mrs Downes was someone you collected a debt from early on? Is that right?
Almost definitely a scripting bug.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Off topic Q

I got the 500K GTA space bucks from MS. But I have GTA on the PS4. The code is XBOX. How can I use it?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I played a little more of the game today and honestly it's kinda baffling to me that a studio like Rockstar with the budget and time they have they couldn't make the aiming/shooting mechanics more than just serviceable overall, it ranges from being really good, okay, to sometimes just really bad/frustrating. Having to use auto-lock aiming in a third person shooter shouldn't be the default, it can still feel satisfying though and that's the main reason I haven't dropped it yet but I hoped after seeing all the crazy reviews and perfects that the combat would at least be top tier or near it, it's a major component of the game. I'm still enjoying it though, almost everything else is really good, but gunfights can be so annoying a lot of the time.

I agree, I played RDR1 and RDR2 with free aim but RDR1 feels way more responsive and smooth in terms of shooting. I had no trouble getting headshot in that game but in RDR2 that's a different story.

I also hate how your screen starts shaking once you get hit.

Try replay a story mission that's mostly gunfight with free aim and you will know what I am talking about. The game is a mess in third person free aim.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

What the hell happened to this game in chapter 5 lol. The story just careens off the rails in record time and pushes you to a bog-standard stranded-in-an-island trope and pushes you into a mini-Mexico-from-RDR1 chapter where you meet a bunch of people you don't care about and get pushed into a "revolution" of sorts that you really don't care for. The area's tiny and the missions are whatever. The only thing that seems to happen story-wise is that Dutch gets crazier. The music is borderline offensive with all the generic "jungle" shit in the background and a mission called "savagery unleashed", smh. Most the guards didn't even have good spanish accent and delivered their lines terribly.

Thank god the Guarma section of the game is only 2 hours long because if they had wanted to make this a second open-world hub and make you spend 10 hours in there I would've just dropped the game honestly. What a terrible idea. All those man-hours wasted on a misstep like this. At least the jungle looked pretty in 4K.

septmbrsvrywn

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Damn, went for my second time at the Theater in Saint-Denis last night. Got to see 3 different acts and the Cabaret one playing with a headset on was amazing. I was about to cheer in my bed

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know how can I make Trapper appear? I have some perfect pelts that I want to sell but he's not showing up. I've finished the early hunting mission but
"Didn't get the legendary bear skin"

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
giphy.gif

What the hell happened to this game in chapter 5 lol. The story just careens off the rails in record time and pushes you to a bog-standard stranded-in-an-island trope and pushes you into a mini-Mexico-from-RDR1 chapter where you meet a bunch of people you don't care about and get pushed into a "revolution" of sorts that you really don't care for. The area's tiny and the missions are whatever. The only thing that seems to happen story-wise is that Dutch gets crazier. The music is borderline offensive with all the generic "jungle" shit in the background and a mission called "savagery unleashed", smh. Most the guards didn't even have good spanish accent and delivered their lines terribly.

Thank god the Guarma section of the game is only 2 hours long because if they had wanted to make this a second open-world hub and make you spend 10 hours in there I would've just dropped the game honestly. What a terrible idea. All those man-hours wasted on a misstep like this. At least the jungle looked pretty in 4K.

Yeaaahhh that chapter is pretty bad

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Had the same response, glad I'm not alone.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Yeaaahhh that chapter is pretty bad

Had the same response, glad I'm not alone.

Yea I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with that

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I loved chapter 5,

I loved seeing Dutch under pressure, and it really exposed him. The insanity of the location matched well with Dutch getting exposed to making up shit on the go constantly despite claiming he always has a plan

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I loved chapter 5,

I loved seeing Dutch under pressure, and it really exposed him. The insanity of the location matched well with Dutch getting exposed to making up shit on the go constantly despite claiming he always has a plan
It's also the perfect confrontation with reality in terms of Dutch's "Tahiti" promise.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
40 hours in.... still chapter 3.. man i love this game.

Ran into
Van Horn and got a stranger mission from i woman with a son who looks like the creepy people in AHS's second Season. I had to search for Magico or something like that and chase him down. The whole mission was giving me a smile from ear to ear. Loved it.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It pains me to say that I don't think I'm going to finish this one.
The Epilogue is so long and this story has BEEN over. Gratuitous fan service that bogs the whole experience down IMO.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, didn't expect this conclusion to the money-lending sidequests.

Good on Morgan for finally telling Strauss to fuck off lol. Though it kind of bugs me that no one seems to be reacting to the fact that I kicked him out. Even in the cutscene itself, it didn't seem that anyone was actually paying attention to the commotion.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Oh wow, didn't expect this conclusion to the money-lending sidequests.

Good on Morgan for finally telling Strauss to fuck off lol. Though it kind of bugs me that no one seems to be reacting to the fact that I kicked him out. Even in the cutscene itself, it didn't seem that anyone was actually paying attention to the commotion.
People definitely react after the fact.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Aside from contacting Rockstar support, I think you're SoL. What made you think the code would be for another platform? Could have sworn its mentioned that the money would be given to you on the same platform you order the game for.
Isn't Social Club a thing? Like I could buy it on the Xbox or something

I got nothing

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
And... The credits roll... Whew, what a journey. It's gonna take a while to gather my thoughts on this one. So many ups and downs.

The Epilogue is so long and this story has BEEN over. Gratuitous fan service that bogs the whole experience down IMO.
Just keep going, it's totally worth it in the end. It's not that long either.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
In the Hats section of the wardrobe menu pressing R1/L1 switches to a section called Found Hats or something like that. I've got a couple of unique ones in there that I've found while exploring.
Yep, I have one too, which is really cool and fitting for the setting I found it in.

I think they're special hats, though, while other, common (yet not for sale?) hats (like a train driver's, the Lemoyne Raiders'...) aren't for Arthur to keep.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You may rethink about it...
Epilogue part 1 is busy work, Epilogue 2 is where you get new missions and happen to get closure...
because... Micah and Dutch are still out there somewhere, and you know you cannot just let Arthur's death not being avenged.

whassupbun

Oct 28, 2017
Any tips on getting animals to spawn? I need to hunt panther, cougar, and badger for crafting. But they never spawn in the location indicated on the in-game map.

Whenever I go to the area with the little cougar drawing or panther drawing on the map, all I find are deer, turkeys, and boars, etc. Bait does nothing, or I'm using it wrong.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Glitches from this game have me howling

giphy.gif

How is Arthur acting confused here ??

she probably teleported behind him and he's trying to track her, but the explanation takes a lot of the fun away

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Any tips on getting animals to spawn? I need to hunt panther, cougar, and badger for crafting. But they never spawn in the location indicated on the in-game map.

Whenever I go to the area with the little cougar drawing or panther drawing on the map, all I find are deer, turkeys, and boars, etc. Bait does nothing, or I'm using it wrong.
Have you tried killing a deer and waiting? Or is that wait you meant by "bait"?

Oct 28, 2017
Annoying bug I've found. If you pick up a gun during a mission, retry the mission if failed, the gun you've replaced will no longer be on your horse.

I've lost a pump action shotgun and Lancaster repeater this way.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
It's ridiculous how ineffecient I am in this game. 3 nights in a row I've planned to just power through the last few chapter 5 missions but every time I just end up hunting and doing stranger stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Where are the badass, gangster, grimy OUTLAW clothes?

Everything in the Tailor's shops is just fancy boy dandy stuff. I want Arthur to look mean and hard, not some pin-striped city slicker with a fucking top hat!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They are looking on though, during the cutscene. Afterwards, you get the reactions of like "not gonna throw me out next, huh, Arthur?"

Well, I didn't catch any obvious glances. Also didn't help that Dutch of all people was just carrying on in the background like nothing happened. I did go near a few people to interact with them, but they didn't say anything about it. So... I guess I was just unlucky in every aspect lol

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some way of removing my "Wanted Dead or Alive" status other than paying? I got it after that bloody Micah story mission.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Saint Denis was a mistake, it shouldn't even be in this game, now I don't even want to progress the story anymore. I just want to wander around and get lost in this dream city. It's mesmerizing and beyond comprehension.

Perhaps I just love this type of setting too much, even more so than wild west, it's basically the BioShock setting for me.

This is got to be the most impressive city in any open world game ever.

Last edited: