• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Just came here to ask this.

Remember seeing something about smaller arrows but I don't know where to get or if you craft them

You make small game arrows at your campsite, similar to how you can split bullets. It's one of the many things the game doesn't really tell you in any kind of overt way unfortunately, took me awhile to figure it out and mostly did it by accident.

Also by campsite, I mean one that you set up yourself, in the wilderness. You might be able to do it at the main camp but I haven't figured out how.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
fam I found out how to access that secret room in Saint Denis, there's something to it, so I threw it into a video. Fun! :)

Thanks for this. I was there last night and couldn't figure out how to get back there; I just never got the prompt.

I think there's another way of getting to that upstairs room, though. There's a ladder up to the roof in the area behind the Gunsmith, and I think once you're on the roof you can jump up to the balcony where the entrance to the room is. I'm not sure, though; you can definitely get up to the roof, but I didn't know what I was looking for once I was up there and only put two and two together when I saw your video.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
A quick question I was hoping to get cleared up. A couple folks requested some food supplies and apparently I could head over to Appleseed Lumber Co to possible source some. I went there and the foreman acted like I had caused trouble there before and would not speak to me. I thought it may be due to the bounty I had from some business earlier in Strawberry but I went and paid the $300 hoping he would now talk to me, nothing.

Is there anyway to get him to deal with me? Once I cleared the bounty the game gave a tooltip saying I could sell supplies to them. However I am unable to interact at all.

Do I need to kill the Foreman and hope his replacement is nicer? haha.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
You have to love yourself a fire.
It's one of the blessings..
freely given to all.
And yet, perhaps
not freely given.
I am reminded of Prometheus.
In many ways, the Greek myths are best
at explaining the very punishments
that imbue our daily existence with their piquant tortures.
Sure, we can have fire.
And we can have the knowledge of fire.
But with that comes the knowledge of everything...
We become like a God.
Because to be all powerful is to be all suffering.
Yes...
Thus, Prometheus gave us light,
and warmth,
and eternal damnation,
and the awareness of our isolation for everything holy.
Quite the conundrum, fire.
Hmm?..

It's enough to make a man drink...
...or worse.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How do you track side quests? I know pressing left on dpad brings them up but selecting the one I want to do does nothing. I tracked the 4 gunslingers and am trying to go back to dude who gave me the quest but it doesn't pop up on the map.

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
You make small game arrows at your campsite, similar to how you can split bullets. It's one of the many things the game doesn't really tell you in any kind of overt way unfortunately, took me awhile to figure it out and mostly did it by accident.

Also by campsite, I mean one that you set up yourself, in the wilderness. You might be able to do it at the main camp but I haven't figured out how.

Perfect, thanks.

Yes it's a bit weird they've kind of left things for players to figure out. There is a ton of stuff going on. So I'm not sure how they would go about covering it all.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Rockstar absolutely nailed the gun part in this game.
Gunfeel, gunsound, reload animations, hit detection/reaction, physics, gore, satisfactory level...

RDR2 is a masterpiece no doubt about that.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
How do you track side quests? I know pressing left on dpad brings them up but selecting the one I want to do does nothing. I tracked the 4 gunslingers and am trying to go back to dude who gave me the quest but it doesn't pop up on the map.

I was confused by this too. Turns out the sidequest doesn't resume until later in the game.

deim0s

Oct 25, 2017
read the items again from the left menu... will tell you that it can continue later.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Anyone know how to unequip the bandolier? I equipped it near the beginning of the game but I can't seem to find an option to unequip it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Rockstar absolutely nailed the gun part in this game.
Gunfeel, gunsound, reload animations, hit detection/reaction, physics, gore, satisfactory level...

RDR2 is a masterpiece no doubt about that.

RDR 1 is just as good in this department so it was pretty much expected. No other franchise can touch Red Dead when it comes to the actual feel and sound of the gunplay.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Anyone experienced the random event in Valentine where
some guy asks you to rob his friend in the hotel? I agreed to do it and we were supposed to split the money. I'm in the hotel room stealing his shit, and he walks in and we get into a fistfight. I end up killing him with my knife, and get away before law enforcement can identify me. I lost some honor, but now I guess I get to keep all of the money for myself because the dude I talked to is nowhere to be found.

Balls

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is the carry capacity for each upgraded satchel permanent or does it depend on the one whichever one I have equipped? For example if I have both the upgraded provisions and tonic satchels will they they both be in effect permanently?

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess it's not possible to actually keep all the weapons you acquire? Kind of sucks, I would have at least liked to keep all the gunslinger weapons...

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been crafting improved arrows by shooting birds out the sky and collecting their flight feathers. Is there an option to BUY improved arrows outright from places like the gunsmith?

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Shady Belle question

is there a third story? I keep seeing a gray icon near Arthur's room. Not sure what it is.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't been able to play as much as I want to. I've put in 31 hours since release and I believe I'm still in chapter 2. This game has just blown away my expectations and delivered something I didn't quite know I wanted.

Just existing in this world, is a joy. Walking around camp conversing with people, pouring myself some coffee, and just existing, is quite something. The dedication to realism, and immersion is astounding. The way I explain to my friends that haven't played yet, is that this isn't just an old west open world game. This is an old west sim.

What is there to say about the graphics that hasn't already been said? It's drop dead gorgeous. The draw distance, the lighting, the weather, the location variety, the towns. It's incredible. I can't say I've played a better looking game. It feels like a real place. Just immaculately crafted and realized.

It sounds excellent as well. Thunderstorms, rain, galloping horses, punchy shotguns, rifles echoing through the heartlands. And the score is just incredible. From mission specific, to ambient, the music is just perfect. My one issue is that dialogue can get lost sometimes. But even that isn't a huge problem. Overall the sound is amazing.

Gunplay is admittedly a bit sluggish and unreliable at times. But be it by poor design or intentional, I feel like it actually adds to the overall immersion. Arthur feels like he has some weight to him, and that is reflected in the gunplay as well. Having to pull back the hammer to be able to shoot is something I didn't expect, but I love it.

I love the slowness to everything. I love that it makes you play at a certain pace. I love how characters stories are unfolding. Everything has a degree of naturalism applied to it to hide the fact that you're playing a video game. And at times it really doesn't feel like you are.

I care about my horse. How the hell did they pull that off? I picked out my horse thinking "I'll trade you in for something better later on." But now I don't think I can. And should the day come that Duria (my horse's name) gets taken out, I don't think I'll be reloading a save. That would feel like a betrayal of the systems and feeling the game is delivering.

Arthur as a protagonist was something I was worried about, but the more I play, and the more I learn, the more attached to him I am. Likewise with the gang. It really feels like these people have a history together. *Very mild non descriptive spoilers.* The party, was an absolute delight.

I can understand why some people are put off by it. Despite being extremely similar to the first game on the surface, on a gameplay and systems level, it's extremely different. Rockstar really went all in on this one. And even if you don't enjoy what they've done here, I don't think you can rightfully say that it's not impressive.

And what an appropriate thread title. It's the first game in a while that has messed with my sleep. I hate not being able to play it right now. All I want to do is get back in, and hunt one more animal, do one more mission, bring in one more bounty, drink one more cup of coffee.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is it possible to miss side missions? I wanna do some main ones now and I'm worried the next chapter will skip these side ones

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

I was confused by this too. Turns out the sidequest doesn't resume until later in the game.

Heh. Another OT3 title candidate. Everybody was confused by that too lol

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I haven't been able to play as much as I want to. I've put in 31 hours since release and I believe I'm still in chapter 2. This game has just blown away my expectations and delivered something I didn't quite know I wanted.

Just existing in this world, is a joy. Walking around camp conversing with people, pouring myself some coffee, and just existing, is quite something. The dedication to realism, and immersion is astounding. The way I explain to my friends that haven't played yet, is that this isn't just an old west open world game. This is an old west sim.

What is there to say about the graphics that hasn't already been said? It's drop dead gorgeous. The draw distance, the lighting, the weather, the location variety, the towns. It's incredible. I can't say I've played a better looking game. It feels like a real place. Just immaculately crafted and realized.

It sounds excellent as well. Thunderstorms, rain, galloping horses, punchy shotguns, rifles echoing through the heartlands. And the score is just incredible. From mission specific, to ambient, the music is just perfect. My one issue is that dialogue can get lost sometimes. But even that isn't a huge problem. Overall the sound is amazing.

Gunplay is admittedly a bit sluggish and unreliable at times. But be it by poor design or intentional, I feel like it actually adds to the overall immersion. Arthur feels like he has some weight to him, and that is reflected in the gunplay as well. Having to pull back the hammer to be able to shoot is something I didn't expect, but I love it.

I love the slowness to everything. I love that it makes you play at a certain pace. I love how characters stories are unfolding. Everything has a degree of naturalism applied to it to hide the fact that you're playing a video game. And at times it really doesn't feel like you are.

I care about my horse. How the hell did they pull that off? I picked out my horse thinking "I'll trade you in for something better later on." But now I don't think I can. And should the day come that Duria (my horse's name) gets taken out, I don't think I'll be reloading a save. That would feel like a betrayal of the systems and feeling the game is delivering.

Arthur as a protagonist was something I was worried about, but the more I play, and the more I learn, the more attached to him I am. Likewise with the gang. It really feels like these people have a history together. *Very mild non descriptive spoilers.* The party, was an absolute delight.

I can understand why some people are put off by it. Despite being extremely similar to the first game on the surface, on a gameplay and systems level, it's extremely different. Rockstar really went all in on this one. And even if you don't enjoy what they've done here, I don't think you can rightfully say that it's not impressive.

And what an appropriate thread title. It's the first game in a while that has messed with my sleep. I hate not being able to play it right now. All I want to do is get back in, and hunt one more animal, do one more mission, bring in one more bounty, drink one more cup of coffee.

I am exactly the same I'm at 56 hours and I'm in chapter 3. This game is really something else. I genuinely don't want it to end. If they've put as much effort into the multiplayer as the single player I don't need another game for a long time.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
In Saint Denis, outside of the market where the trapper is, there were two guys (may or may not have been gang members) who were taunting me. I defused the situation and went in to the trapper. I exited the market and the guys took me for a tough guy who wanted action, so they started firing at me. Knowing how stupid the wanted system is, I fled, hoping to defuse the situation this way. After about ten seconds of being chased I became wanted by the authorities and had the cops gunning for me.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP? This is literally ruining the game for me at times. I can't surrender to the law. I'm having difficulty getting away from them on foot and my horse isn't getting into range. I don't want to fire back and raise my bounty even higher. There is literally no way to defuse a situation that I should not have been put in to begin with. I don't know if they're going to fix the wanted system, but gang members popping off at you with no repercussion from the law, and being unable to defend yourself from them without getting the law on you is absolutely ridiculous.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

Amen to this.

Is there a way to check time played on PS4?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
ok I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the horses in this game

Uh....you did ran into the the railing did you not? What did you expect really? The horse won't automatically turn right without your input like a self driving car, shit happen sometimes and it's okay.

The thing happened in your video would still happen in every other video game, be it cars, bikes or horses.

This game really fails at explaining lots of things.

I agree, lucky for you this is an open world game so you have infinite time to figure it out on your own.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to skip or avoid the skinning sequences? It's really sad :(

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018

Lovely :)
If this game had better controls I might consider it one of the best games ever made.