• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Average gameplay, average story. Only thing above avg is the enviroment. Not sure why it's on sale since rockstar likes to milk their game to full price well beyond release phase

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Welp. That's what happens when your game isn't fun to actually play
Loved Arthur and the camp dynamic, but this game was a big disappointment to me. Just terrible when it comes to combat, controls, mission design and pacing...
RDR2's terrible controls are exacerbated by the shit combat, mission design and pacing.
You can see how we're missing the /s here right

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
You can see how we're missimg the /s here right

Right?
I believe people calling it a failure and implying that the price cut means it bombed is the sarcasm part. Everyone knows how well Red Dead 2 did.

The rest is their opinion, they don't need to be sarcastic about it, and they don't have to agree with you.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that supposed to prove something? Just because I've criticized RDR2 doesn't mean that I don't know that it was one of the best selling games of last year. I don't hate RDR2 btw. I do think it's very flawed but it was on my GOTY list
No, unless you think it's a GOAT, you hate the game. That's apparently how it is.

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018
Hahahaha its all sarcasm that went over our heads?

Clearly a quick look in the history.....

Clearly...

But yeah I guess

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Man, sarcasm isnt what it used to be anymore. It used to be somewhat funny.

kESfHCV.png

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha its all sarcasm that went over our heads?

Clearly a quick look in the history.....

Clearly...

But yeah I guess
Did you find where I pulled for RDR2 during GOTY season? Or where I had it higher on my ballot last year than GOW or Spiderman?
Haha no, if I don't think the game is GOAT, I hate it

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
It's amazing it took this long for it to hit this point. Just shows what a big seller it is.

Deleted member 49132

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Haha no, if I don't think the game is GOAT, I hate it
You know what bruh I apologize.

I must have been mixing you up with one of the other members who posted quite a few threads here that got locked for being blatant hate threads.
Over the last 3 months, there has been so much hate for the game its hard to remember who did what and said what, so my mistake on that one.

Also please don't think that I'm against criticism - because I myself have criticism with the game - but I sincerely believe the "bad controls" narrative is way overblown here and that's why I responded the way I did. Hope you can accept my apology

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Based on their post history I know for a fact some of them are deadass serious haha

Whether they try to claim sarcasm or not

How many Phantom hate threads got locked?

I think your overwhelming hate + hate threads for the game destroyed your ability to claim sarcasm as a cover up for your drive by hate in this thread

Nice try tho
Lol come on. RDR2 was extremely highly regarded on this board. Now you're searching through post histories trying to discover who doesn't like the same game you do. That's just weird.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what bruh I apologize.

I must have been mixing you up with one of the other members who posted quite a few threads here that got locked for being blatant hate threads.
Over the last 3 months, there has been so much hate for the game its hard to remember who did what and said what, so my mistake on that one.

Also please don't think that I'm against criticism - because I myself have criticism with the game - but I sincerely believe the "bad controls" narrative is way overblown here and that's why I responded the way I did. Hope you can accept my apology
It's alright, I gotchu.
I have my problems with the game lol, but I sincerely believe it's the most ambitious game ever made, and one of the best experiences of this generation. I don't stick with games as long as I have with this one (I'm playing it right now :P) if I don't like them haha.
But we good bud.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, bought the Xbox version which cost me 48.41$ including shipping to Saudi Arabia ( still much cheaper than here ) I own a pro & an X , was gonna get the PS4 version because of the larger online population but I have to get that native 4K goodness seeing how the online is seemingly dogshit.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of whoosh going on in this thread.
It's not bomba, obviously. But can we at least assume that's it's selling a tiny bit less that what they were expecting ?

I am sorry but if the game was selling as good as they hoped then we wouldn't have that price cut so soon* after the release.

* soon for a Rockstar game with GTA5 level ambition

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not bomba, obviously. But can we at least say that's it's selling a tiny bit less that what they were expecting ?

I am sorry but if the game was selling as good as they hoped then we wouldn't have that price cut so soon* after the release.

A temporary sale 4 months later when a bunch of big games are coming out in a few days?

They actually put GTAV for PS4/XBO on sale for $39.99 slightly faster than this back in 2015.

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was for a port and 2 years after then release of the game.

It was only one year later, and over 1 in 3 total PS4/XBO owners bought it. And it retained $59.99 MSRP until last year.

My point is that this sale doesn't mean it's doing below what they expected, because it's more likely just a preplanned sale for a game that was never going to beat GTA. It'll be full price again and (outside of future sales) probably not get a permanent price cut until GTA VI is announced years from now.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
It's not bomba, obviously. But can we at least assume that's it's selling a tiny bit less that what they were expecting ?

RDR 1 only sold 14 million in its entire life time.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I know It's been four months, but I still wasn't expecting a price drop this soon.

If you're interested in this game and have been holding off I recommend taking this deal!
Imagine liking RDR2 in 2019
Imagine being able to shitpost the runner-up GOTY this hard. Lol.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
lol this thread is a mess of irony and snark and no one seems to be able to tell the difference