• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Looking forward to this. Game already ran really well on my 2070S, but DLSS should give me some 144Hz lovin' hopefully in-game.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Love seeing more DLSS adoption. It's one of the best graphics technologies I've seen in a decade.

I hope it's version 2.2.

edit: I know you can force 2.2, but Digital Foundry found that 2.2 results in minor color differences in some games. Official support would be preferable.

(20:31)

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
DLSS is great. Might pick up a copy just to check it out on PC even though I've beat it on Xbox.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
you can download 2.2 off techpowerup, so even if it isn't, it'll be an easy change
Digital Foundry's testing has shown minor differences in colors and maybe other stuff when they forced 2.2 into games with earlier versions. Official support is preferable, but at least there's an option!

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I hit this at 60fps with my 1440p monitor off my RTX 2060 but had to really tinker in the settings to get it there. I can't wait to try this out with DLSS.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Love seeing more DLSS adoption. It's one of the best graphics technologies I've seen in a decade.

I hope it's version 2.2.

I might be misunderstanding, but I feel like I've seen instances where people just grab a .dll of a later version from a different game and replace the one that shipped and it generally works? Or is that not the case?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I might be misunderstanding, but I feel like I've seen instances where people just grab a .dll of a later version from a different game and replace the one that shipped and it generally works? Or is that not the case?
That works, but as I mentioned earlier, Digital Foundry tested that for a bit and found some minor differences in the image when 2.2 was forced into games with earlier versions of DLSS.

edit: Here's where they talk about DLSS 2.2 (skip to 22:23 if the link doesn't work):

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Still have a 1070 :(

Been trying to get a 3080 for retail since December:… have discord bots and everything. Why must this be so hard

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digital Foundry's testing has shown minor differences in colors and maybe other stuff when they forced 2.2 into games with earlier versions. Official support is preferable, but at least there's an option!
where are you seeing color differences? I don't recall that in their analysis

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
89926d4ec32fe5331f16fca68a7c26fc.jpg

sure, why not, i'll do another playthrough with this handsome fella then.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Ahh yes, played through the game once upon release on the PS4 and have been waiting to play through again on PC.

Fantastic news!

*edit*

Off topic question.... but is the game worth playing in HDR mode now? I recall upon release HDR was pretty bad, but there was a patch later on that fixed it. Going to replay this on my OLED and wondering if HDR is worth it, or just keep it off.

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh yes, played through the game once upon release on the PS4 and have been waiting to play through again on PC.

Fantastic news!

*edit*

Off topic question.... but is the game worth playing in HDR mode now? I recall upon release HDR was pretty bad, but there was a patch later on that fixed it. Going to replay this on my OLED and wondering if HDR is worth it, or just keep it off.
Yes, the real HDR mode that they patched into the game post-release looks amazing.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

Fantastic news!

*edit*

The newer "Game HDR", as they call it ingame, looks pretty good. The old "cinematic HDR" is also available, but... no...

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent. This is one game that could really use it on PC. Very excite for this. Flight Sim is another that should get it!