• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's weird how several times, such as this case the One is getting better than it's FLOPS advantage over the Pro, (here 2:1 resolution)

Is it the higher bandwidth? The thing is, 1X doesn't have 2X the bandwidth of Pro either. In fact, it's about 1.5X, same as the Flops advantage.

It has more RAM, but again it's exactly 50% more, not 2X.

It's probably an outlier, probably some games over no performance advantage on X, some over 30% more, some 2X, if you averaged them all it would probably come out around 50% as expected. I guess that would be my best guess.

So, hell if I know *shrug*.
There can be only one answer to this.

Secret Sauce

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
Ok so why is there talk around HDR being crap for RDR2, but Dark touched on it for 1 second, and said it was good? Confused.

I do feel like DF is really hit and miss when it comes to HDR, sometimes covering it, often not at all, I wish DF would cover it for every game that supports it, especially as DF themselves say how important HDR is, people wanna know.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The thing is I don't, and I am tired of shitty port on the Pro.

I never, ever expected it to match the X, I only want good solid performance with no apprent flaws. But somehow I am always disappointed.
Huh? It's double the resolution. Your console has double the GPU performance that's wholly expected. It runs a little better, your console has a little better CPU.

No one tricked you into buying a Pro. It's what Sony said it would be. The results here reflect exactly the specs they claimed and shipped.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is I don't, and I am tired of shitty port on the Pro.

I never, ever expected it to match the X, I only want good solid performance with no apprent flaws. But somehow I am always disappointed.
Yeah, I'm too poor for the X or a PC upgrade too, shit sucks. You made it sound like you had the option of getting multiplat games on a different platform, hence my response. If it makes you happy, RDR2 looks very good on PS4 Pro too. I doubt you'll complaing about the IQ or the graphics. It's up there with the best looking games for sure.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's not like R* was putting out articles about Pro specs either, any and everything we knew about the game's technical makeup before hand was from the game play videos which DF analyzed, not divulged through R*.

I'm hesitant to buy into this "money hats to completely silence discussion other console versions at all" thing.

Honestly man. C'mon. It's more than obvious. You think Sony would have paid all that money and let rockstar and whoever state that the one x version is 4k. It would have canibilised sales. You had people all over this forum saying there's no way it's native 4k on the one x.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Speak from itself... the power of the X!

f28c689e2ccbbcf4ffd2d98599445ff9.jpg

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could have sworn the TV adverts in the UK explicitly mention playing RDR2 on the Pro in 4K...

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's weird how several times, such as this case the One is getting better than it's FLOPS advantage over the Pro, (here 2:1 resolution)

Is it the higher bandwidth? The thing is, 1X doesn't have 2X the bandwidth of Pro either. In fact, it's about 1.5X, same as the Flops advantage.

It's probably an outlier, probably some games over no performance advantage on X, some over 30% more, some 2X, if you averaged them all it would probably come out around 50% as expected. I guess that would be my best guess.

Isn't it native 4k like 50% of more pixels of 1920x2160p? What's the mystery? Maybe the math?

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I don't know about you guys but there's no way I'm buying Cyberpunk 2077 on the Pro, I think I am done with the Pro in terms of third party games this gen. It always underperforms for some reason, whether it's framerate (TLG), pop in (Witcher 3) or image quality issue (RDR2). Just one disappointment after another.

Because the console itself is not as strong as One X? The Pro is a console that stands between the OG PS4 and the One X.
It has way less processing/graphic power and less memory than the One X, it's pretty simple.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Huh? It's double the resolution. Your console has double the GPU performance that's wholly expected. It runs a little better, your console has a little better CPU.

No one tricked you into buying a Pro. It's what Sony said it would be. The results here reflect exactly the specs they claimed and shipped.

I wasn't talking about power, the Pro is more than powerful enough for me. I was talking about Pro ports littered with issues. Many of which not present in the base model.

Like Withcer 3 pop in issue, not a problem on base PS4. TLG frame rate issue, not nearly as bad on base PS4. RDR2 CB issue, not present on base PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so why is there talk around HDR being crap for RDR2, but Dark touched on it for 1 second, and said it was good? Confused.

I do feel like DF is really hit and miss when it comes to HDR, sometimes covering it, often not at all, I wish DF would cover it for every game that supports it, especially as DF themselves say how important HDR is, people wanna know.
They tend to make a separate video for HDR so they can actually render the video in HDR.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Just wait for evilboris analysis, he always delivers hdr goods

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is I don't, and I am tired of shitty ports for the Pro.

I never, ever expected it to match the X, I only want good solid performance with no apprent flaws. But somehow I am always disappointed, there's almost always something wrong with the Pro version. Even God of War had some Pro issues at launch.
What the fuck....

I feel like Pro is the PS3 of this generation, in terms of ports.

My dude, don't you think you're being a little dramatic here lol

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't experienced this much emotion in a thread since The Order 1886 review thread on the other site. Hahaha.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
It's not like R* was putting out articles about Pro specs either, any and everything we knew about the game's technical makeup before hand was from the game play videos which DF analyzed, not divulged through R*.

I'm hesitant to buy into this "money hats to completely silence discussion other console versions at all" thing.

I don't think it's 'moneyhats' but it's certainly something Sony probably requests. I mean would you want the info that a rival console is outputting the version of the game you've paid marketing for and it's Native 4K.

The problem this has now created if devs keep quiet is people are going to assume that Sony is silencing devs if the Xbox One X version looks better.

It's a shame these companies treat us like morons and we can't be grown ups and talk about the differences, I'm expecting a lot of threads like this the next couple of months.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yea, it's an interesting thing. Cool to see Rockstar push the Xbox One X hardware this well though. Color me suprised.

This is actually the first of their games that I think has a cool art style. None of their other games appealed to me.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just played an hour on ps4 pro downsampled to 1080p. Looks and runs fine. But.. My pro is in jet mode. No other game makes my pro go into jet mode like this. Hope it is better once I get out of the beginning snow section.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is I don't, and I am tired of shitty ports for the Pro.

I never, ever expected it to match the X, I only want good solid performance with no apprent flaws. But somehow I am always disappointed, there's almost always something wrong with the Pro version. Even God of War had some Pro issues at launch.
What the fuck....

I feel like Pro is the PS3 of this generation, in terms of ports.

Bro calm down. The Pro is a solid machine. I only got mine for exclusives but they look amazing. Just get an X as well if this is going to be an issue moving forward.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Hey, does it really take 2 hours to install the retail version of RDR 2 on PS4 ? I read it earlier but I'm not sure what to believe anymore due to many troll posts today.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I wasn't talking about power, the Pro is more than powerful enough for me. I was talking about Pro ports littered with issues. Many of which not present in the base model.

Like Withcer 3 pop in issue, not a problem on base PS4. TLG frame rate issue, not nearly as bad on base PS4. RDR2 CB issue, not present on base PS4.
Sorry but the hell you are talking about. Witcher 3 was a bug and fixed via patch. TLG runs shitty on base ps4 and on pro more or less the same with better res or you even can choose 1080p with better fps.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
The disappointment about pro isn't just on Resetera. In the comparison screens, pro looks closer to base ps4 than X1X. The one above with the horse is another example.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
After playing for 4 hours on the X. I think this is the best looking game i have ever played. Combine that with R* attention to detail and its insane.

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
Played the game on my pro on a 1080p Tv for two hours and found it to look really stunning. There is no pro mode for 1080p. I just turned on supersamling and boost mode. I am not really into all the technical details, I can just tell that the game looks crisp and has some good AA. Could not see any fps-drops, but I have not encountered any towns yet, so maybe steady framerate will change there. Got the game with the new version of pro, thetmodel is not noisy at all. But I did not have any of the old models, so I have no reference in that regard.

Last edited:

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bungie did the same thing with Destiny 2 as the X version outshines the Pro. I don't understand why people in this thread are legit upset that the more powerful console with better specs has the best version of the game. Rockstar should be praised for getting all they can out of the X.

Yup props to them for using the stronger consoles strengths

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Played tthe game on my pro on a 1080p Tv for two hours and found it to look really stunning. There is no pro mode for 1080p. I just turned on supersamling and boost mode. I am not really into all the technical details, I can just tell that the game looks crisp and has somegood AA. Could not see any fps-drops, but I have not encountered any towns yet, so maybe steady framerate will change there. Got the game with the new version of pro, was not noisy at all. But I did not have any of the old models, so I have no reference iin that regard.

Great to hear but you do realize boost mode does nothing to this game right?

Mar 19, 2018
Oh boy. This is making it tough for me to decide whether I want to get it for my pro, or X. All my friends are on playstation, but it's clearly the better product on the X.