• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Just have to say.

The xbox one S is not a base xbox one.

I wish DF would stop this. Im very glad i upgraded from an actual base xbox one last month but it leaves a lot of owners with incorrect stats
The reality is that Xbox One OG was discontinued a good while ago - Xbox One S is the base Xbox One now. But yes, they could say 'S' instead of 'base' for sure, to avoid any confusion.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the base Xbox one and Xbox one s should be using the same settings though. They're almost identical in specs and if I remember correctly the slight boost in tech the S gets is mostly for HDR (or at least that's how it was marketed at the time)

Every DF game i have seen compared between S and base does show a difference. At times significant.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Without forgetting that he PS4 Pro had 2 SKUs, the one we got now and the more powerful SKu that was supposed to release in 2017 (or in 2016 while being mroe expensive), but still before the XB OX if this mattered a lot for Sony. Yet they opted for the weaker, cheaper and earlier version. That is why I said what they did wasn't wise at all. They just prioritized much earlier launch + lower price over the results in games and satisfaction of customers. they could have still released the stronger SKU in 2017 (and according ot the leaks if the stronger SKu was released in Spring 2017, it would cost less than in 2016), and they can still be ahead of competetion while securing a reallyd ecent upgrade over the base PS4.

+ Watercooling + UHD Bluray + HDMI 2.1. The XB OX was almost a next-gen upgrade while the PS4 Pro was like a revamped PS4 with boost., more like how a base PS4 should have been like from the start.
I thought that Pill A, Pill B nonsense was well.. nonsense?

There was no option for a better cpu at the time, which that leaker said that it would be better on the other SKU.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just have to say.

The xbox one S is not a base xbox one.

I wish DF would stop this. Im very glad i upgraded from an actual base xbox one last month but it leaves a lot of owners with incorrect stats
Eh, it pretty much is. 99% of games show no difference in performance and, those that do, show a very VERY VERY tiny improvement.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I guess we can finally kill and debunk that statement from Cerny that you need 8TF minimum for 4K with current console settings.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Good performance all round.

Results are as expected.

Fun will be had with any version of the game.

Great job DF.

Inside

Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Does the PS4 pro have a 1080p mode? Maybe it will bring better texture resolution as it then doesn't need to use checkerboard

TheExecutive

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what there is to even fix.

You guys act like the game looks like ass on the Pro just because it looks so much better on the X.

Seems appropriate to me.

Still looks great on the Pro.
Don't even compare it to the X. I am not happy with the comparison between the Pro to the base PS4 and I think that's what many people are upset about as well. The Pro implementation is not good. End of story. The X version was absolutely 100% going to be the version to get if you wanted the highest fidelity.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Don't even compare it to the X. I am nothappy with the comparison between the Pro to the base PS4 and I think that's what many people are upset about as well. The Pro implementation is not good. End of story. The X version was absolutely 100% going to be the version to get if you wanted the highest fidelity.

I'll reserve my judgement until i actually play it but so far this is the same for me as well.
Especially when you see how games like GoW or HZ:D utilise the pro.

That the X had best IQ was never a question really.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Love the work DF do, but reading here better performance and than seeing the pro on 29FPS... like i understand its better but man im glad I At least would never notice the 1 difference.

Either way native 4k is crazy IMO

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I've had Spiderman since day one and only started playing it properly 2 days ago. I'm a fucken idiot.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
LJn7KkI.jpg

4gwlxFP.jpg

t4BZb2r.jpg

Got dan! How did R* get native 4k and smoothest performance on the X?! I thought what PG did with FH4 on the X was insane but now R* does this too?

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pro problem is the TAA not the resolution, that TAA ruins the stability.

Still amazing looking game.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I thought that Pill A, Pill B nonsense was well.. nonsense?

There was no option for a better cpu at the time, which that leaker said that it would be better on the other SKU.

Well that leaker got most of the infos right and suggested the better SKU would at leats pack 5.5 TFlops with better hardware including CPU. IIRC, DF made calculations how the TFlops could reached and they suggested an upgraded CPU or stuff like that.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm thinking I need to go in on that Gamestop trade-in deal and trade both my original Xbox One and PS4 consoles toward a One X. I already have a Pro and have bought the game on PS4, but I'm kind of thinking I should play this on a X1X now. The comparisons looks like quite a big difference for 4K gaming.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I hope a patch on PS4 Pro for better solution than this. I will not buy for the moment. They would have been better with 1440p and temporal reconstruction for example.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would only play this on an x so it's not worth it to get it when I have a powerful pc for most games. I'll eventually play the best version again on pc when I eventually get it once more (assuming it comes out there) .The fact base ps4 is ok just means I'll have to make due with the ps4 version.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Don't even compare it to the X. I am not happy with the comparison between the Pro to the base PS4 and I think that's what many people are upset about as well. The Pro implementation is not good. End of story. The X version was absolutely 100% going to be the version to get if you wanted the highest fidelity.
Agreed.

wondermagenta

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne
I don't have a lot of experience with checkerboard rendering but it really feels like it's doing more harm than good in this case, they should've probably just settled for 1440p with stable performance.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
XBX is an absolute monster. I won't be getting one with the end of this gen in sight, but what an achievement.

Happy 4K to those who'll be playing.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I'm glad I got an Xbox One X instead of a PS4 Pro. That difference is ridiculous. Still, it performs better on base consoles than i thought it would. Last generation games were looking and running like ass at the end.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I'm pretty disappointed I only own a PS4Pro and Xbox One OG :(

Fuck. Hope they patch the pro version cause it doesn't look better than the base PS4 version