• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
compare168e1t.png

compare26ufpk.png
Wtf the Pro is a joke? There's no denying the One X is an absolutely insane machine.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Base consoles got their ass kicked!
Seems like Pro was launched 12 months too early to keep up with XB1X, but ill take it, ain't making a switch this late in the gen for 1 title.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
What if i play the PS4 PRO version on a 1080p TV? do i get better framerate or better somethign? xd

kbear

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wow, so I just looked up midnight releases and turns out GameStop, Target, and Best Buy (that's where my preorder is) are selling it at 9pm. Probably common knowledge to you guys but awesome news.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I think John has been too much generous about the CBR on the Pro. It's fucking terrible in motion. It missed completely texture details. Hope R did something because to me it seems one of worst reconstruction IQ I have seen on the Pro. I mean, The Witcher 3 is a step above this thing.
It's a tough one. I don't think it's great but, from my normal seating position, it still looks pretty good. It doesn't hold up under the microscope, though.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's a bit of a shame about the image quality on the PS4 Pro because we've seen better solutions in other games that aren't necessarily native 4K. I'm not too worried about the very minor performance dips.

Will be interesting to see how Red Dead Online fares on the base units!

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Man we really had posters saying you'd need to zoom in x100 and use a magnifying glass to tell the difference.

1x is a beast.

kbear

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How so?

As I say in the video, this game performs better than EVERY SINGLE OTHER Rockstar game ever released on consoles (save for the port of GTAV to current gen). The base Xbox One game is higher res and runs much smoother than GTAIV, GTAV, Red Dead 1 (well, at least the PS3 version), Max Payne 3 and older open world console games. It's the worst version by far but it's still an improvement over previous releases and people didn't really take issue there.
So yeah, there ya go.

Incredible amount of time must've been put into these 2 hour long vids. Thanks!

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
It's now about the resolution difference, it's about the bad reconstruction technique R* is using on Pro, other games run at similar base resolution but the final IQ is so much better.
Yeah it runs at half 4k with that reconstruction technique, I think if it didn't have that it would have been an even lower resolution and they maybe wouldn't have been able to fit all the extras the x has without the rescontruction technique, what is most impressive is the x gets all of that without rescontruction techniques at native 4k.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I was questioning my pre-order at first, but I'll stick with the PS4 Pro. I have both that & the One X, but I still prefer the DualShock 4 + trophies. Besides, the Pro version isn't terrible. It's just that the One X really knocks it out of the park. We should all be excited to play this game regardless.

OP
OP
BladeX

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
Very disappointed with Pro performance. I expected it to be atleast as solid as it is on the X...

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like the Pro version is solid, obviously the X comes out on top but I can't justify buying a console for a multiplat.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Reminder the 360 version also runs at native 4k on the xbox one x, I think it's fair to say the x is the home of Red Dead Redemption now. Anyone agree?

Also this thread is moving really fast, I'm expecting more than 50 pages (100 posts per page) by tomorrow.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So guess this one is an easy choice between my Pro or OneX.

Can't wait to see for myself how good it looks in native 4k on my C8.

Deleted member 30987

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
You're missing the context there.

I zoomed in on that specific section to demonstrate that I think Pro and X have the same textures - they're just usually hidden by the reconstruction.

Yeah I do, sorry. At work now so not watching the vid to know the context. It was more directed into direction of picking these from 1h video to demonstrate the differences. It was always the funniest part of reading your comparison threads. Like people want to prove the obvious points that dont need to be explained.

To be fair, the other comparison shots in the thread paint the picture without having to do the super close ups.

I'm surprised by the difference between the consoles, it seems like the biggest so far on a big release.

Yeah, agree with You. As I wrote the difference is very visible.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Famous 100x100 pixels colse-ups are back :)

Glad I grew up.

Game looks and will play best on X no denying. It won't take away from me the pleasure of playing that on Pro

It won't take anything away from the pro no.

But MS are onto something truly special here, they will be shouting it from the roof tops. the one x version will be more jaw dropping than any other version. Playing this ona 65 inch 4k HDR tv will be absolutely breathtaking on the x.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Dark1x are you able to comment on this?
The Eurogamer story has xbox install @ 106gb. Is there a 20gb patch?
Yeah, it's confusing to me as well.

Basically, the initial download (to 100% complete) was 88gb on both X and S. That's what it was at when starting the game. Next time I checked, though, the install was at 106.1gb.

When I first tried to launch on my X it gave me an error saying I needed more space on my internal drive before it would even start. So I have a hunch that it's related to data caching of some sort rather than a 4K texture pack.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since I don't have a 4K display and I have never played anything at 4K, I'm going to assume the Pro downsampling on my 1080p will impress me all the same.

Oct 25, 2017
X looks amazing. The clarity and sharp image quality is something beautiful.

I already pre-ordered on the Pro and don't have an X, but this late in the game....it's not that deep for me. I do wish the Pro was pushed a bit harder but maybe next time. I'm just excited to finally play this.