• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ben Walker

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
England, United Kingdom
Rockstar Games have announced via their blog that Red Dead Online's store is now available and that Gold Bars can be purchased.

Store: Is now accessible in-game. As always, if you experience any technical issues at all with any purchases, please head to https://support.rockstargames.com for help; and if you have any user experience issues or feedback to provide, please submit to the www.reddeadonline.com/feedbackwebsite.

The prices are... debatable to say the least.

DuYrCZbWwAAgIop.jpg

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
What a spontaneous and unplanned option.

Great way to think of the players who don't have time to grind out money online.

Thanks, Rockstar.

violent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd consider if there was anything worth investing in the multiplayer component.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I'm not familiar with how much gold will get you in the game. Is this a good/bad deal?

Kass

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played online, can someone give an idea how many gold bars you need to buy items (ie, average and premium horse, gun, clothing) ?

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Take Two is sweating trying to figure out how they can even top GTA:O profit im sure.

Which will be impossible and people have caught onto this shit i hope.

Calmine

Jul 5, 2018
Guessing it's the typical case of everything costs just over 25 gold bars, so you're enticed to buy more. It's all pretty much Pay to Win these days.

Jan 4, 2018
Lmao at that one time special offer. Rockstar really going out on a limb to provide me a deal of the cheapest paid currency for $5 in their $60 game.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I did some calculating:

So, if you take the standard price for 25 Gold, which is 9.99 US$, and apply it to the Arabian Horse, which is 42 Gold, it checks out at 16.7832 US$.

That's some crazy good value right there guys. Incredible.

Ugh... -.-

Can only imagine how bad the future prices will be.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about deleting the game from my hard drive. Early next year with RE2 and Onimusha around the corner plus a packed q1 of games I don't think I'll be playing this again.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
You know what's missing? A big BEST DEAL sticker.

I need to know which one is my best purchase. Should I buy 350 gold bars at $99.99 or 8 packs of 55 gold bars at $19.99 each. Help me out here, Rockstar. I've got my credit card ready to go.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is GTA Online all over again then, they didn't even wait to get out of beta to pull the trigger. I'll pass, thanks.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna get my horse wet up by a 13 year old hotel magnate who somehow buys an AK-47 in 1892 with gold bars.

HOW!?!? HOW DID YOU GET AN AK-47 IN 1892?!

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sold the game back to Amazon for about $35 under the premise that I might dive back in for the eventual PC port. I know the online component has nothing to do with the single player experience, but this kind of naked greed is off-putting regardless.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Wait they're selling this stuff before it's even out of beta?

That's ballsy. Normally you'd at least finish a game before you start nickel and diming it.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$99.99 transaction in a non F2P game. lol, the state of the games industry in 2018.

I know they're far from the only game to have a "micro"transaction pack at this amount but it's still funny as fuck.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so it looks like I'm done with RDR2 since I'm unwilling to play that "paypal vs unnecessary grind" mechanic to complete the game.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
And do it begins. Seems about in line with what a lot of us expected, it's going to be necessary for them to tweak the economy to make sure payouts are fair.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't touched the online portion yet, how 'necessary' is gold?
Pretty much useless unless you want to buy stuff before you unlock it by level. AFAIK the only things locked behind the gold bars are some random clothing pieces for your character and changing the color of the metals on your gun. Everything else is ingame money when you unlock it/gold to get it early.

Gold comes in at a steady rate when playing PVP as well, so if you like that, it's not even much of a bother at all.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all think these are high prices?

People spend hundreds on single banners in gacha games gambling for the chance to maybe get what they want. Maybe.