• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
so i need to pay to play the professions?!
Nope. You could get fifteen gold playing in three to five days doing the daily challenges. Less, if you got a streak going. Also, Playstation owners get one for free, Twitch Prime users get another, and the third can be grinded out collecting playing cards in GTA Online.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Nope. You could get fifteen gold playing in three to five days doing the daily challenges. Less, if you got a streak going. Also, Playstation owners get one for free, Twitch Prime users get another, and the third can be grinded out collecting playing cards in GTA Online.
At the moment if you're on a streak you can earn 10 gold bars per day doing just the daily challenges. For this current double payout period you could've earned 210 gold bars doing nothing but the daily challenges each day.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
are you guys going to update one profession at a time or are you going to unlock all 3 and upgrade each one taking turns?

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Their newswire article says that they'll be introducing the ability to change your character's appearance without resetting them, so just wait for that. You shouldn't have to be ugly for too much longer :)

EDIT: The exact wording: "the ability to redesign your character's appearance without resetting progress"

That's coming next Tuesday.
That's great news, thanks!

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I wonder why it looks so bad and why they haven't addressed it.
My guess but sometimes ps4 pro seems a struggle a bit in terms of fps in some area. Probably a more precise CBR would cost too much for the fps performance. Still I'd preferred 1800cbr than this strange hybrid between half of 2160p and 2160cbr.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Please Rockstar, don't be ridiculous enough to make the control improvements multiplayer exclusive.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
how much is 15 gold bars in terms of grind? No much at all? A modicum of grind? An exaggerated amount?

Do you think that's how people in real

Not much at all. Just do as many daily challenges you can do on consecutive days, and play PvP or do stranger missions. Unless it's been changed since like May, finishing the stranger mission with only say 30 seconds to a minute left increases your earnings.

I got around 35 gold by playing for like two hours a night for a week or so.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
how much is 15 gold bars in terms of grind? No much at all? A modicum of grind? An exaggerated amount?
The best way to make gold is by doing the daily challenges. There are seven of those available each day. For example, here were today's:

KqVmCME.jpg

To begin with, you get 0.2 gold per challenge, and a bonus of 0.6 gold (3 times the base amount) if you do all 7, for a grand total of 2 gold.

But if you complete at least one challenge every day, you get a streak going. After a week the base amount increases. After two weeks it increases again, and after three, and after four weeks the base amount becomes 0.5 gold (plus you get a free treasure map), meaning you make 5 gold per day for doing all of the daily objectives.

For the last 3 weeks the daily challenges have been paying double (i.e. 10 gold bars per day for doing all challenges if you were on that max streak), meaning that if you'd done all of the daily objectives for the past 3 weeks you would've made 210 gold bars.

Oct 25, 2017
Also, apparently if you finish the complete Outlaw Pass without buying in, you'll get all the paid rewards for completion minus the 35 gold bars.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
finally came back to RDR after only playing about 10 hrs or so a year ago. But goddamn, they really need to redo the controls for this game. Finally realizing why the game felt so much like a chore to play.

You walk too slow, and run to fast in tighter areas. There isn't a decent middle ground, as far as I am aware. But you also cant run or sprint without taking your thumb off the right stick. There is an alternate control option that has that, but it also totally changes all the other controls. Looting items is also a bit of a chore and tedious. After playing and completing Days Gone recently, I really wish it just controlled like that. Intuitive, quick, and looting is very streamlined. Aiming is great and responsive, without needing crazy lock on. Everything else is so great about RD2, could make it really amazing with better controls.
Wonder what these control updates actually change or improve.

Last edited:

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
You just know rockstar won't have ported these new controls over to the single player and it will be multi only.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Also, apparently if you finish the complete Outlaw Pass without buying in, you'll get all the paid rewards for completion minus the 35 gold bars.
Nope. Certain items are exclusive behind the Outlaw Pass. You do not get all the paid rewards by just doing the Rawson club.
Grey items are for everyone (Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Club members)
Gold /Yellow items are for Outlaw Pass Owners only.

Outlaw Pass Owners can get the following Items etc.:
652dd562f34216a7ec597cc24a587cf4.jpg

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The 15 gold per job thing is going to be a bitch if you're jumping back on for the first time since 2018... or have never played RDO.

but if you have been playing and doing the daily challenges it's a small price to pay. for new players, in addition to the daily challenges (the best way to get gold quickly), you get some gold for completing the main story missions, you can find gold by collecting treasures via treasure maps you find periodically, and for completing the stranger missions.

May 18, 2018
finally came back to RDR after only playing about 10 hrs or so a year ago. But goddamn, they really need to redo the controls for this game. Finally realizing why the game felt so much like a chore to play.

You walk too slow, and run to fast in tighter areas. There isn't a decent middle ground, as far as I am aware. But you also cant run or sprint without taking your thumb off the right stick. There is an alternate control option that has that, but it also totally changes all the other controls. Looting items is also a bit of a chore and tedious. After playing and completing Days Gone recently, I really wish it just controlled like that. Intuitive, quick, and looting is very streamlined. Aiming is great and responsive, without needing crazy lock on. Everything else is so great about RD2, could make it really amazing with better controls.
Wonder what these control updates actually change or improve.
Every one of their games is SHIT to control. I won't be buying anymore of them that's for sure

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I don't care about any of that, just give me this

Honestly tho.

This game, needs to be look at like witch-craft. It's absolutely astonishing the level of detail they achieve, the amount of simulations and unique npcs there are and it all runs really well. It makes absolutely no sense and honestly ruins everyone else in the industry ...

I want this bird sim! Also, I hate that you posted that video and make me realize Rockstar wont ever support this shit because it's not multiplayer. It's all I want... imagine if we got this MP support in SP. Sigh.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
If they were able to put first fucking person into the re-release of GTAV, I think the very least they could do is provide these control tweaks as an option for the inevitable PS5/Scarlett/PC re-release of RDR2.

It wouldn't unbalance the game any more than first person tbh

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
God, if they added the controls to single player, I'd play it all over again.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Also to note, I haven't played in months and it feels a bit smoother at least for the campaign. If there's actual settings involved though I definitely don't see it when I went through the options.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for checking. As expected :/

Actually I'm not so sure anymore, cause as I mentioned I haven't played in months. And right now while through combat, running on foot is definitely not a fucking slog anymore lol I can turn around a lot faster. Its definitely smooth to my eyes.

That's the only noticeable change I see so far.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Play Red Dead Online each week for even more new activities such as Legendary Bounties to pick up from Bounty Boards – each with their own sordid stories – and weekly maps with special collectible sets for Madam Nazar, plus all new bonuses, gifts and incentives coming in the weeks ahead.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The control improvements also apply to single player.
  • The following Free Aim improvements have been made for players in Story Mode:
    • Control stick sensitivity curves have been retuned in Free Aim mode to give the player smoother aiming and allow more accurate small adjustments
    • Made improvements to aim assist detection and stability that makes it easier to hit moving targets while using Free Aim mode
    • Fixed problems that could occur when trying to reliably talk and interact with the ambient population while Free Aim mode is active
    • Weapon accuracy spread now reduces quicker after aiming when using Free Aim

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Actually I'm not so sure anymore, cause as I mentioned I haven't played in months. And right now while through combat, running on foot is definitely not a fucking slog anymore lol I can turn around a lot faster. Its definitely smooth to my eyes.

That's the only noticeable change I see so far.
The control improvements also apply to single player.

• The following Free Aim improvements have been made for players in Story Mode:
    • Control stick sensitivity curves have been retuned in Free Aim mode to give the player smoother aiming and allow more accurate small adjustments
    • Made improvements to aim assist detection and stability that makes it easier to hit moving targets while using Free Aim mode
    • Fixed problems that could occur when trying to reliably talk and interact with the ambient population while Free Aim mode is active
    • Weapon accuracy spread now reduces quicker after aiming when using Free Aim
tenor.gif

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Great to hear that the control stuff is in the story mode too. Curious to hear some more impressions.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Is Online still active? Does anyone still get disconnection issues?
Online is super active even before this big summer update, but my friend irl still gets loads of disconnection problems. He gets DC'ed often. :(

Me on the other hand only like 2% of the time! :P

ALSO The camp dog..seems it is just a fixed dog you can buy reading the patch notes.. I wanted like a freaking POODLE! I wanted to choose me dog..oh well. Can't have everything lol.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Is character movement a part of the updated controls, or just aiming?