• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue

Nov 7, 2017
Behind you
My theory is we won't buy money via cards.

Instead, the coolest outfits and items and horses will require hunting down or taming. Crank up the Alligator skins needed × 10. At one at a time and pristine, that's a grind.

Or. Pay ten bucks to unlock these outfits.

Maybe some need legendary animals that spawn once every hour and flag the whole server it's up, like crates and the gta missions.

Seems fair to me and in keeping with cosmetic dlc trends. No cash from cards means gambling is still fake and keeps poker and dominoes as activities.

Everything else from a store? Sure. It's your paycheck.

As for posses, I think the biker gang content is a taste of how it'll go.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
That's battle royale to me, what is it to you?

2D_BattleRoyale_SB_2017.jpg

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
My theory is we won't buy money via cards.

Instead, the coolest outfits and items and horses will require hunting. Crank up the Alligator skins needed × 10. At one at a time and pristine, that's a grind.

Or. Pay ten bucks to unlock these outfits.

Maybe some need legendary animals that spawn once every hour and flag the whole server it's up, like crates and the gta missions.

Seems fair to me and in keeping with cosmetic dlc trends. No cash from cards means gambling is still fake and keeps poker and dominoes as activities.

Everything else from a store? Sure. It's your paycheck.

If you carry a legendary pelt, you'll be marked on the map for every one to come for you. Mark my words.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I only have the standard edition, so guess I'll just be watching some Twitch streams starting in about 2 and a half hours.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
That wouldn't work on RDR2's map. Remember horses are your only transport, 90% of the lobby will be killed by the storm. Player-Count is a bit disappointing though.

I'm sure they could tweak the circle speed to allow for people on foot.

Any Last Man Standing mode is BR to me. There are different takes on it but it's still BR after all.

For example, Team Deathmatch could be 8v8, 5v5, 16v16, with respawn, no respawn, small map, large map,...etc. It's still Team Deathmatch. The same goes for BR.

That's good that you classify any limited life mode as BR, but to me and the majority of the games industry by the looks of it, it's large player counts on large maps with one life.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So will this mode require a new character to be made for the online portion? Been so long since I played a R* game online, I feel dumb I don't know this, and didn't see any mention in the OP unless I missed it.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So will this mode require a new character to be made for the online portion? Been so long since I played a R* game online, I feel dumb I don't know this, and didn't see any mention in the OP unless I missed it.

You'll create and customize your own character.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I dont have much hope for the competitive modes. I really hope there is decent co-op content. Although i aint got much hope in that either.

Rogue

Nov 7, 2017
Behind you

Yeah. Character creation. Roleplay away.

Wouldn't mind if it was the old way.

I miss Bonnie. Imagine "You stupid man!" these days.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
it's large player counts

Seriously tho, who really gives a crap about that? I mean, I get you, it is more impressive when we have a 100 player server, but if we're serious here for a second, half of them are dead in the first 60 seconds anyway, in every BR game. So what does it really matter if we have 100 or 50. If we have a smaller part of the map, which we will have and than a smaller player count, it not only makes it faster, like most people unfortunately likes it, but it also is the exact same thing but we're skipping the first half and basically starting in a normal BR match where 2/3 is already dead and the circle a bit smaller.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Seriously tho, who really gives a crap about that? I mean, I get you, it is more impressive when we have a 100 player server, but if we're serious here for a second, half of them are dead in the first 60 seconds anyway, in every BR game. So what does it really matter if we have 100 or 50. If we have a smaller part of the map, which we will have and than a smaller player count, it not only makes it faster, like most people unfortunately likes it, but it also is the exact same thing but we're skipping the first half and basically starting in a normal BR match where 2/3 is already dead and the circle a bit smaller.

Yeh you're right that correctly scaling down the player count and map size would allow for the feeling of BR. I just really wanted to see 100 outlaws jumping out of a hot air balloon.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
At work so don't have time to read through sorry.
Has there been an update to the game yet? Is there one coming before the ultimate launch? Is online built in already?

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Are you all just gonna play this or roleplay this shit? I'm talking being fully involved as your character with a mic roleplay.

I'm gonna use my mic and talk like I'm really in that era as a gunslinger and never break character lol

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you all just gonna play this or roleplay this shit? I'm talking being fully involved as your character with a mic roleplay.

I'm gonna use my mic and talk like I'm really in that era as a gunslinger and never break character lol

I'm gonna shoot you in the face and teabag your face while dub step blares through my mic. Just like a cowboy.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one hoping that maybe they screwed up with the update and all players can play online today?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I hope there aren't spoilers for the main game (at least big ones early on), as I'm only in Chapter 5.

Although, knowing me, I'll probably just play around with the character creator and then get back to the SP mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.