• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Is this that amazing community they were going on about before Smash? It's interesting because during that entire speech all I could think about was this kind of shit inevitably being reported after the show because this stuff comes out every year about the show. Whether it's women roofied or just being assaulted while totally sober, this community has some issues (to say the fucking least) that need to be addressed. I mean, there's always going to be shitty people but they should really be the very rare exception. It shouldn't be like clockwork "Another year, another group of women who attended EVO report being sexually assaulted."
Yeah this shit sucks ass. Fuck Infiltration and Joey for accepting him back. This shit is why women feel unwelcome in the FGC.
wtf, i'm actually quite surprised he was getting cheered winning SamSho and not outright banned. Should be zero tolerance for this. Just saw that Capcom banned him, but looks like he could still enter SamSho

Now this is a spoiler that I can appreciate! Knowing this means that I'll be skipping the SamSho top 8 on principle alone which sucks because I was really looking forward to watching that game played at a high level. Fuck SNK for being okay with that shithead participating at their tournaments.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this kind of thing is showing up in the news more just because more women are trying to go to the events, or because twitter allows them to actually share their stories?

Is this that amazing community they were going on about before Smash?
Smash community was there, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more smash fans than anything else

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
This fucking sucks

Whats it going to take to purge this shit from the community

No more coddling of toxic males and shitheels would be a good start. CALL THEM OUT

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
This is really unfortunate. I'm sure there are lots of people there having a good time and these creeps are giving the whole thing a bad name.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
In Mandalay Bay you mean or are you referring to the actual space EVO has? This is their current FAQ:

The actual space. Red bull booth sold mixed drinks like they do every year. Tequila and red bull, vodka red bulls, and simple stuff like Jack and cokes. I got a pretty good buzz going on after my run ended on Saturday night.

Edit: and the stadium of course had alcohol for sale on Sunday.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was the outcome of that Infil investigation? I haven't caught up since the thing went down.

The investigation was covered already but I'd like to point out that Infiltration was the 2nd highest prize winner at all of Evo, took home almost 30K for winning SamSho. Only Bonchan won more for winning SFV (31K).

Nobody else really came close. I think 3rd highest was 21K.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The actual space. Red bull booth sold mixed drinks like they do every year. Tequila and red bull, vodka red bulls, and simple stuff like Jack and cokes. I got a pretty good buzz going on after my run ended on Saturday night.

Thanks for the info. I didn't mean to sound incredulous there. I've just never been to EVO and was going off their FAQ. They should probably update that.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Wait, so despite having "no drinking in the ballroom" as one of their rules, Redbull was selling mixed drinks in the ballroom?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most of these happen at non-EVO sanctioned events, always have to be on your guard.

A lot of stuff in this thread was from the official EVO after party, but folks out there were saying that it wasn't really limited to EVO attendees, so if anyone from the outside could just attend, that's a really stupid move on EVOs part.

If these are people from the FGC though, call them out, throw them out. No one should have to go to an event always being on their guard.

He was banned from Capcom Pro Tour and EVO didn't think to do the same???

That tweet was gross and is still up, props to the production team for not putting him in the end of EVO video they always do, but the whole situation is a shame anyway considering how awesome the rest of the Samsho top 8 was.

Was pretty sad seeing people in the thread going "Let's get the facts straight, he didn't beat his wife." He still put his hands on her, and fuck him for that and anyone defending him. He sure as hell never sounded remorseful after all of this

Last edited:

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of stuff in this thread was from the official EVO after party, but folks out there were saying that it wasn't really limited to EVO attendees, so if anyone from the outside could just attend, that's a really stupid move on EVOs part.

If these are people from the FGC though, call them out, throw them out. No one should have to go to an event always being on their guard.
Usually these afterparties are open to anyone with invitations or hook-ups. Never limited to attendees/competitors only.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Usually these afterparties are open to anyone with invitations or hook-ups. Never limited to attendees/competitors only.
According to Kotaku it was open to anyone, not even an invitation needed

Although this event was described by Evo 2019's Twitter account as the "official" after-party, the event had no cover charge and was open to anyone over the age of 21. As a result, many reactions on social media have involved speculation as to whether these alleged assailants were actually Evo 2019 attendees, strangers, or a mix of both.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I got roofied at PAX East a couple years ago. Haven't been back since.

Shinku_King

Nov 11, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing Domestic Violence

That tweet was gross and is still up, props to the production team for not putting him in the end of EVO video they always do, but the whole situation is a shame anyway considering how awesome the rest of the Samsho top 8 was.

Was pretty sad seeing people in the thread going "Let's get the facts straight, he didn't beat his wife." He still put his hands on her, and fuck him for that and anyone defending him. He sure as hell never sounded remorseful after all of this

My stance is this, from the inside information I got (which is why ppl still are cool with infil) is that she broke all is trophies and slapped him around so he grabbed her really hard, so it's abuse on both sides that's why he is even allowed. Now if he just threw her and she never did anything then yeah he would be a peace of shit, but you can't expect someone to just take getting hit cus females. Come on man. Also the thing that happen at evo was awful who would do that to a female. It's VEGAS tons of females walking around you ain't gotta drug a female that's super low, glad me and my girl didn't go to that party.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
The 1 thing they can do is not let everyone in the afterparty going forward. That's just greatly increasing risk factors for everyone involved. There are already potential scumbags in with the attendees and adding ones mixed in off the street doesn't help.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
This is why it's probably a good idea to avoid these sorts of parties like the plague. Throw your own, it's way more fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Was the merchandise EVO branded and promoted or something a vendor was selling? Additionally was it actually explicit merchandise on display, or just a face?

Not that particular piece of merch, but I do have a screencap of an ahegao controller being advertised on the main EVO stream, and that particular ad ran frequently. I won't post it here unless a mod gives the okay, however.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
wtf, i'm actually quite surprised he was getting cheered winning SamSho and not outright banned. Should be zero tolerance for this. Just saw that Capcom banned him, but looks like he could still enter SamSho
Late but I think -some- of the claims that were initially brought were dropped because they couldn't be proven and that's evolved into this weird narrative that all charges were dropped and he was completely cleared of any wrongdoing despite that obviously being incorrect. Basically people are too lazy to Google the actual facts or have that shitty "I just want to watch video games" mentality.