• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I was kinda on board with it until that text showed up, mostly because it seems like something you'd see in the mid-2000's where they had to be like "this isn't your kids cartoons!!"

We kinda understood that already what with all the graphical eviseration

they could do so much with an animation property, im guessing they went for the Saturday morning cartoon look for budget reasons. Something like the original Ninja Scroll but with Mortal Kombat would be great fun.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Bad Language aside, I think at this point I'm just tired of endless re-tellings of the first three tournaments.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
That... looks a lot worse than the previous trailer did.

And I think we have officially reached the point where Scorpion's family getting merced is Uncle Ben levels of "we don't need this. Stop wasting our time". Although is Quan Chi disguised as Elder Sub-Zero still canon?

And on a completely unrelated note: I wonder how the machinima (?) series holds up. Power Ranger Johnny was amazing and Casper van Cage was... not completely horrible. And I did like where they were going with Liu Kang going dark side.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
"You'll die for this."

"You first."

669723214473199626.png

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
FINISH HIM

Yeah, I'll check this out. Looks like a cheesy good time, which is all I ever want from MK.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks kind of like typical DC WB Animation meets Peter Chung.

I think that's Travis Willingham as Scorpion?

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is different than the movie right, or was this the thing they were working on?
Jesus where was this 20 years ago
Since not in the video:
Initial Release: April 14, 2020
I think this is definitely gonna do good for shock factor, or the "YOU GOTTA SEE THIS"

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely terrible.
A 2020 animated movie about fighting with ass animation is bonkers to me. Even cartoons for tv can crank up the animation quality for important fight scenes. I mean right off the fucking bat the beginning scene when he opens the door the door literally is painted open instead of being animated to open. I played that part like 5 times just to shake my head.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
was it? this the only trailer and media iv seen of the movie and it only mentions a physical release so I had no idea.
when is it supposed to be on streams?
Announcement was on January 18, details then on the 28th with the first trailer:
Digital release for Scorpion's Revenge begins April 12th in high and standard definitions on various platforms, including Amazon, Apple TV, FandangoNOW, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox, and Movies Anywhere. The animated feature will then be made available to select video on demand streaming services from cable & satellite providers starting April 28th.

April 28th is also the official street date for home media release. Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge will be available in combo packs for 4K Ultra HD Combo ($39.99 SRP; Ultra HD Blu-Ray + Blu-Ray + digital), Blu-Ray ($24.98 SRP; Blu-Ray + digital), and DVD ($19.98 SRP). Disc copies will include a robust offering of extra content that should interest gamers and animation fans alike:

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge Special Features:
  • From Epic Game to Extreme Animation – Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon and the filmmakers reveal the creative process behind adapting the best-selling game to an all-new animated film.
  • The Weapons, Wardrobe and World of "Mortal Kombat Legends" – The artists reveal the design challenges of animating the world of Mortal Kombat, from authentic armor to wildly imaginative weapons and fantasy settings.
  • The Savage Sound Design of "Mortal Kombat Legends" – This hard-hitting audio exploration reveals the art of designing the sonic language of the fight scenes.
  • Mortal Kombatants – Dive deep inside the cast of characters to reveal their unique abilities, signature moves and backstories.
  • Filmmaker Commentary – Producer Rick Morales and screenwriter Jeremy Adams sit down for an insightful audio commentary that reveals the process of creating a compelling animated film based on one of today's most popular fighting games.
  • Language Options – English, Spanish, French, German (Blu-Ray), Portuguese (DVD)

Cast:

Last edited:

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
About MK, am I misremembering things or did I watch an animated film before the first movie came out that had hilariously bad animation? Whenever I search youtube for it, I keep seeing Defenders of the Realm but that doesn't seem to be it. I just remember the main guys in a boat and laughing when Scorpion would use a rope that wraps around his target and slowly pull them towards him.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
They are making scorpion a good guy huh?

This post is legitimately more than twenty years late, my friend.

About MK, am I misremembering things or did I watch an animated film before the first movie came out that had hilariously bad animation? Whenever I search youtube for it, I keep seeing Defenders of the Realm but that doesn't seem to be it. I just remember the main guys in a boat and laughing when Scorpion would use a rope that wraps around his target and slowly pull them towards him.

Yes, that was a thing. It was completely without gore and ended before the actual tournament began. It also had some awkward, early CGI. Its animation was also really shoddy. Even worse than the animation in the trailer for this movie.