• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
DaqhINcVMAIB4YT

This is a metroidvania in early access featuring Deedlit from Record of Lodoss War.

It has Ikaruga style phase shift. You can avoid orange attacks by shifting into the salamander mode (see the "guard" when Deedlit receives orange fireballs)

pPr4YRn.gif

8XcizXO.gif

Phase 2 will implement even more content and abilities and areas:

She has a vertical air dash with the Sylph mode now, on top of being able to levitate

JMrhs25.gif

A new skill

GAIcOdP.gif

Arrow puzzles have new gimmicks to them, such as these symbols changing the angle of your arrows

8SqOFzO.gif

And I think this is a new weapon for her. Basically a badass two handed sword

6TShet9.gif

The full game will come out in late 2020 and it will be 5-6 hours long and it's really shaping to be a great metroidvania experience

r5h9B57.gif

gyvm2GV.gif

And of course, the soundtrack fucking delivers. That bass is *chef kiss*

Team Ladybug once again delivering

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I am 100% not sure how Record of Lodoss War got resurrected and has a metroidvania, but that is a quality doublejump.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I shall dub him not alucard since there's the same alpha cape effect as from SotN

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting this is a thing, I hope it generates a full revival of the series in all its media forms.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I had a lot of fun with the initial area they had in early access, even if it was only 45 minutes long. There's a neat sort of Cave Story esque thing going on with the elemental leveling and and neat usage of elemental stuff to bypass things (which you can see in those gifs when she's in Fire mode and guards against the fire attacks).

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Animations are really fucking good

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
All I remember from this is the amazing opening song from the Anime TV series, and that the show itself was pretty forgettable.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
capturecbkzr.png

I was watching a vid and I noticed something very strange.

That's a QR code in the middle: Continue standing here to break the floor

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Looks pretty damn good but I don't really play games that are still in early access. Definitely going to keep my eye on this though.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
There is a Record of Lodoss War Metroidvania? WTF.
Does this have relevant story bits or is it only the theme for the action?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I think the Tohou game from the same devs is getting ported to Switch right now. This looks just as good and I almost bought it in a recent Steam Sale but early access games just don't do anything for me. Will definitely buy it when it's finished though. Looks amazing.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I think the Tohou game from the same devs is getting ported to Switch right now. This looks just as good and I almost bought it in a recent Steam Sale but early access games just don't do anything for me. Will definitely buy it when it's finished though. Looks amazing.

The EA is only an hour long, so maybe for the best but they say the price will be double when it releases