• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

I think I need to get moving with my PSVR, so now I am looking for games that get the body moving, ideally SINGLE PLAYER and calorie-counting would be a nice bonus.

I already got SPARC, but playing online against much better players is a chore and getting offended on the way isn't fun at all. so... single player it is.

Any ideas? šŸ˜Š

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Unironically beat saber. It's not a fitness game per say but playing it on PC if you play it a bunch and really go ham it can start up a sweat for sure.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Not much of a "recommendation" cause I've not had chance to play it yet, but I recently bought BOXVR, and it seems to match those criteria. It's still quite pricey on PSN, but you could probably source a disc version for cheaper.

TelemachusD

Nov 22, 2017
Agree with beat saber. PC is the place to play it though. Hundred of custom tracks so you don't get bored with it, plus yur.fit fitness tracking mod.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
I really enjoyed Headmaster, is got a fair bit of physical movement in it once you start throwing yourself into the game. Of course you could cheese your way through but if you play properly you can work up a sweat. Also, dont need to use PSMoves.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
SuperHOT isn't bad if you really get into it. Last time I got sore legs from all the squatting

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Another vote for Beat Saber. It's the most fun of all these games and can be pretty exhausting.
Pistol Whip is also great and exhausting.

EDIT: I just saw that Dance Collider released on PSVR as well. This is almost as good as Beat Saber IMHO and very exhausting as well. It's a mix of dancing, boxing and rhythm game. And it's only 16,99ā‚¬ - highly recommended!

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
BoxVR: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4018-CUSA13859_00-0000000000000001

It's boxercise that's basically similar in premise to Beat Saber, but it has plenty of fitness tracking and stuff.
And the game will be updated to FitXR later this year for PSVR, which a big overhaul of the original game. I still have some troubles with the timings on this one compared to Beat Saber but I may be not used to it yet (some people are also complaining about the harder scoring system in FitXR but that's another story).

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Heard good things about BoxVR but it didn't really work well when I played it, it never registered my movements for some reason.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Heard good things about BoxVR but it didn't really work well when I played it, it never registered my movements for some reason.
BoxVR is pretty great. It's my daily (weekly?) quarantine cardio.
Mmmh, when I played it, I always had trouble to register some of my movements. It felt like I was always late on some of them. Is there any tips? Do I need better calibration? Do I need to stand right on top of the feet on the floor?