• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Adding in my rec for AI Somnium files. it was my GOTY last year. It can be a little anime at times but overall great pacing, characters, and twist.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Gone Home is pretty fun, although pretty short. I think the short time would be perfect too if your wife isn't much of a gamer.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
And all three of them are very combat focused also. Not good recommendations for someone who clearly doesn't want combat.

Combat is a major part of that one too.

Fire Emblem has a lot of combat doesn't it? And I think Bastion too?
(Haven't played either of them yet though)

Both definitely are heavy in combat but with Bastion the combat is very easy to pick up and adapt to while the story plays out basically at the same as most of the combat.
Fire Emblem is way more involved but 3 Houses offers enough options that makes it more accessible for people who just want to play it for the story. It avoids wasting your time by giving you options to not deal with the minutiae of its mechanics.

Zevenberge

Oct 27, 2017
Skimming through the thread, I didn't see my recommendations:

- A Case of Distrust: a minimalistic murder mystery
- Both OPUS games: cute, charming games with a rather dark layer beneath it
- Bury me my love: follow the journey of a Syrian refugee trying to get into Europe