• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KeyboardThug

Oct 27, 2017
So sorry if this is off topic but I don't know where else to ask. I have a lg Cx and xbox series x. Shouldn't the lg Cx get out of game mode when I open any streaming app? I have all the recommended setting and it says game mode no matter what app I run.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
What are his views on dynamic tone mapping? I have settled on it being off or hgig in certain games. There is this constant spotlight effect with DTM that I cant unsee.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Yeah Warm 2 is what i'm using, but just a cusory switch between warm 1/warm 2 has me doubting my decision, but I do adjust quickly. I'm just a screen philistine anyway. At least I keep it pretty close to the recommended settings lol

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
I was a standard mouth breather as warm 2 looked at first like a yellow filter but then I tried it for a week and now I can't go back. It looks way better to me now

Oct 27, 2017
With warm2 though, pure white is more or less gone, no? It's just yellow tinted (at least to my eyes)
There actually is no such thing as pure white light, only a mixture of wavelengths that we perceive as white. Because of this you need something neutral that people can agree on as "white", like the outdoor midday light in Europe lol which is what the D65 (Warm 2) standard is supposed to correspond to.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know when the new update is suppose to come out to fix the 120fps issues on the new consoles?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
There actually is no such thing as pure white light, only a mixture of wavelengths that we perceive as white. Because of this you need something neutral that people can agree on as "white", like the outdoor midday light in Europe lol which is what the D65 (Warm 2) standard is supposed to correspond to.
Hmm, very interesting, thanks for that!

Lowkey20

Nov 18, 2020
Can someone help me out? I just got a CX65 and the software version is 05.20.02. But my Xbox Series X says my TV isn't compatible with 120hz. It keeps me at 60hz. Do I have the latest firmware with the fix? There isn't a new version when I check for an update and can't figure out how to fix this. I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the system.

KeyboardThug

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone help me out? I just got a CX65 and the software version is 05.20.02. But my Xbox Series X says my TV isn't compatible with 120hz. It keeps me at 60hz. Do I have the latest firmware with the fix? There isn't a new version when I check for an update and can't figure out how to fix this. I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the system.
The latest software for my cx65 is 3.11.25

Oct 25, 2017
EvilBoris Might be a stupid question, but with the news that the PS5's HDMI cable doesn't have the same bandwidth as the SX's do these settings still apply for it or would there need to be some modifications? Thanks!

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
EvilBoris Might be a stupid question, but with the news that the PS5's HDMI cable doesn't have the same bandwidth as the SX's do these settings still apply for it or would there need to be some modifications? Thanks!
The limitation is on the console side, not the cable.

Everything will work as normal with settings as the PS5 doesn't support 120Hz atm.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Tried Warm2 in a 2016 Samsung 4K TV and it does look yellowish at first, but i'm getting used to it and it look way more natural. Also, i feel less eye fatigue and i can play longer because of this.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
With warm2 though, pure white is more or less gone, no? It's just yellow tinted (at least to my eyes)

A very white piece of paper (what you would normally think as very white, if not pure white), under the sun in Central America or ....say, Spain...

Would look pretty close to the Warm 2 setting in your display. That´s what white looks to us, so no, it not "artificially yellow tinted", its the most accurate aproximation.

If you dont want to feel a contrasting "period" every time, you may want to change your other devices so that they are all Warm 2 or Warm 1 at least (smartphone, tablets, PC monitors, Laptops, etc.) or understand that your Big TV will be the one showing the most accurate representation.

diskape

May 20, 2018
Yeah I have never been able to find Live+ on my EU C9.

I googled a lot and even contacted LG support via facebook and not only I coulnd't find any info - support also didn't know why is it missing. So I did a little test and switched my location in the settings of the TV to UK (there are no countries outside of Europe, at least on my model) and that did it. I tested few others and it's only available when set to UK. I'm not sure whether it's due to Brexit, but the option is there. It's turned off by default and I believe it's turned off when it's not visible in the menu when the location is set to a country in Europe.
Please note that switching locations resets some settings (I don't know full scope but some regional apps disappeared and youtube went all crazy on me too), so please proceed with caution.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I did all the required setup on my PS4 prior to receiving my PS5 but know that everything on the TV actually resets when hooking up the PS5. So don't bother doing anything really before you actually hook up your PS5.

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I did a little post for how to enable 444 for Xbox and PS5 here
Vincent's video also gives the other common sense stuff of colour 50 / Warm 2 / HGIG

Just watched the video but he doesn't change the color in HDR mode I think? Or did I miss that?

New settings look a lot better too, my TV was displaying in 8 bits too (for some reason it never turned on 10bits on the xbox)

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
When I got my CX last month I set everything up with warm 2 and stuck with it (after always using warm 1 on my previous tv) and I haven't looked back.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Should I be using PCM or Pass Through with a Dolby atmos soundbar? When using Pass Through there is a slight delay in when the audio kicks in when pausing a video then playing.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Who would have thought a technical TV focused channel would be the funniest thing on YT? Love these guys.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Green or MorshuTheTrader I know this topic is specifically in regards to Xbox Series X settings, but do you have an optimal list of settings for Nintendo Switch. I know the settings you shared in the other thread for LG CX was perfect for PS5 and Series X, but I was hoping for a setting for Nintendo Switch or SDR gaming in general, thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
Green or MorshuTheTrader I know this topic is specifically in regards to Xbox Series X settings, but do you have an optimal list of settings for Nintendo Switch. I know the settings you shared in the other thread for LG CX was perfect for PS5 and Series X, but I was hoping for a setting for Nintendo Switch or SDR gaming in general, thanks.
Should be the same as the SDR settings for the Series X/PS5, just make sure the switch is set to limited range and 1080p

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Probably a dumb question, but if I connect a BT headset to my PS4 Pro or any next gen console, will that in any way impact controller lag/latency? Not super happy with the CX TV sound in game mode.

Green

Oct 27, 2017

I personally have a B9, which is a bit worse of a panel than the C9/X, but from what I've seen settings should be more or less the same unless you go for professional calibration. But as Morshu said, the SDR settings for SX/PS5 should be valid for the Switch as well just set the Switch to limited range. You may want to go with Gamma at 2.2 instead of BT.1886 on the TV Picture settings if things look a bit dim to you.

For me, I like to have Sharpness set to 0 on 1080p content, it has a softer image overall compared to the default 10 value, so helps a bit with aliasing.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the ps5 doesn't display full range then? We should be using PC mode then limited black levels?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Hoping to find other CX and Xbox Series X owners cuz I have run into a wacky issue: video is dropping out repeatedly on 4k uhd blu-rays when played on Series X. Audio keeps playing, and menus remain visible, but video drops out after 1-4 minutes. I can go into video settings and, like, change from 120fps to 60fps, and the video will return for 1-2 mins before vanishing again.

This didn't happen with the prototype Series X I tested, so I didn't bother checking it again until today. Anybody else able to repro? My Xbox One X doesn't do the same thing on CX, nor does PS5.

EDIT: I just went back and retested with the Series X in horizontal orientation. Whaddya know: Blu-rays play properly again. I'm not sure I've run into such an issue before (especially with the audio and other on-screen content still working as expected).

EDIT 2: Nope, error still happens in horizontal orientation. How utterly absurd this is.

EDIT 3: grabbed some video:

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I just got prompted for a new firmware update on my LG CX, my current version being 03.11.25 and the new version is 03.11.30

Does anyone know this changes?

Mar 31, 2020
I just got prompted for a new firmware update on my LG CX, my current version being 03.11.25 and the new version is 03.11.30

Does anyone know this changes?

Not showing up for me yet unfortunately. Where are you located?

Edit: Just saw your profile says Philly. Hopefully that means I should be seeing it soon as I'm in the States also.

Last edited:

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
how does this compare to P40L0 settings on the LG thread?

13wjg8w.png

that chart has since been updated.........go back and recal your TV

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Vincent recommends a different color temperature and gamma in this video than the Series X|S recommends in the TV calibration settings. I think I'd take the recommendation of the actual output device, no? Are these settings more of a user preference thing?

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone with the CX/C9 running into this weird issue with the series x were there's occasionally a weird discoloration ghosting for like a few seconds when playing a game? Been playing a lot of yakuza like a dragon, but I think I've seen it in the other games I play possibly(don't remember though). It's happened in the menu at times also I believe. Tried disabling VRR, but didn't seem to resolve.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
How do I get rid of rhe stupid Instant Response banner that pops up EVERY time i open or close a game??

JohnPaulv2.0

Dec 3, 2017
Thanks for the colour temperature tip. I was wondering if I'd made a mistake swapping out my B8 for a BX before I tried this. The colours finally pop like I remember.