• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I tried. For a dozen days. I felt my cats were peeing on my oled. Seriously it's ugly for me.
My wall behind my tv is white. My tv wasn't white on a white screen đŸ˜…
It's actually meant to represent the color of something white outside in the daylight lol. The main point is that content creators should also be using this color temperature, so you're seeing what the creators intended you to see.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
I tried. For a dozen days. I felt my cats were peeing on my oled. Seriously it's ugly for me.
I used to be the same way but Warm2 finally looks superior. Going back to Warm1/Neutral makes my eyes hurt! It's worth trying for longer but if you can't get used to it there's no harm in staying with neutral if you're not too worried about accuracy. I highly suggest trying for longer though.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Should I get banding when setting RGB to limited and black level to low? I noticed it especially in Demon's Souls and Death Stranding. I had to set RGB range to auto and black level to auto to get rid of the banding.
Death Banding is 100% it's own, as it usually is in most games.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
jumping from standard to warm2 was pretty stunning, and man it feels soooo yellow/orange. like white doesn't seem near white at all. decided on warm1 for now.. might try 2 again later once we're used to 1. but still, dang what a crazy difference

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
how does this compare to P40L0 settings on the LG thread?

13wjg8w.png

Those settings are wrong because it forces wide color gamut on SDR, default brightness should not be touched and color should also be left at 50 unless you prefer more saturated colors. Contrast should only be 100 for HDR.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
jumping from standard to warm2 was pretty stunning, and man it feels soooo yellow/orange. like white doesn't seem near white at all. decided on warm1 for now.. might try 2 again later once we're used to 1. but still, dang what a crazy difference

I recently got a CX and couldn't believe people were recommending Warm2, but you really do need to just use it for a bit and let your eyes adjust.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Are there recommended peak brightness and paper white settings for in game HDR calibration with HGIG on?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the settings in SDR just look so damn washed out on the dash. This is PC mode. Same with HDR honestly. Might just go back to the default settings... I'm not getting the "perfect blacks" anymore in things like black menus and what not.

Last edited:

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah this explains my feeling pretty well. It doesn't feel more accurate and I did try (not as long as what you did).

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I like all of Vincent's settings but I'm not sold on warm2. I prefer medium as I think it looks the best, but I will leave it on warm2 for a little bit to see if I adjust.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I recently got a CX and couldn't believe people were recommending Warm2, but you really do need to just use it for a bit and let your eyes adjust.
It just seems to take away what makes the tv so incredibly amazing for me. when I look at the screen in medium I say to myself wow oled! I will try warm2 for a couple more days, but I may side with inaccuracy.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I like all of Vincent's settings but I'm not sold on warm2. I prefer medium as I think it looks the best, but I will leave it on warm2 for a little bit to see if I adjust.

Yeah Warm2 isn't for everyone. It's not a great fit for people who wear glasses with modern coatings either, those almost always have some kind of anti bluelight bs and they seriously fuck up whites lol.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Don't listen to the warm gang. Join me in the cool/computer color setting resistance!

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Warm 1 all the way. Even though after some time, your eyes adjust and the difference isn't that visible

zzzyz36

Oct 23, 2018
What gamma does he select as he says 2.4 but actually selects the BT one by the looks of it?

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
Man, the settings in SDR just look so damn washed out on the dash. This is PC mode. Same with HDR honestly. Might just go back to the default settings... I'm not getting the "perfect blacks" anymore in things like black menus and what not.
I thought that initially, then I changed the Black Level to low. It fixed that washed out look for me.

OP
OP
Dantero

Dantero

Jan 23, 2018
Warm 2 just takes some getting used too. It's closest to how it's supposed to look and that's what you want from your oled.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
hated warm 2... forced it on myself for a week... and now i refuse to change it

the game that cemented it for me was Forza 7

that orange glow people take issue with was nowhere to be seen on Forza 7, and the colours looked incredible

i bumped it down to Warm 1 and neutral (or whatever it's called), and it didn't look right

warm 2 is legit

Last edited:

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Can you actually notice the difference between 444 and 422 on these TVs.

Is there any other upside\downside to engaging pc mode?

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
So is the only downside to using the PSVR breakout box no 120hz and no 4:4:4? Neither of those seem like too big of a loss currently.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Random complaint about the TV, the audio delay (taking a few seconds before it starts) while using eArc and the built in apps is hella annoying.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
May I ask, why Bt1886 over 2.2? Seems like it dims/darkens the picture quite a bit.
I calibrate now for 2.2 as that is typically what games target. The TVs are calibrated for 2.4/1886 out of the box as that is the broadcast standard for TV and movie content.

So you let the Tv be calibrated for what it is, the brighten the gamma in game of the game has the option

Deleted member 75819

Banned
Jul 22, 2020
With the poor frame pacing in CoD MW at 120hz, is there a way to tell if it's happening panel side or console side?

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I remember when I finally read about this whole color calibration thing about 15 years ago, I also felt WARM was a bit "too yellow".

It lasted for about 10 minutes then its obvious that its the REAL accurate color. Real life looks like that.

So yeah, for all of you doubting the Warm recommendations, just stick with it for like half an hour and it will make sense. Normal or Cold is just artificially blue, life is not like that, you are ruining the perfect quality/color rendition you would expect from any display, more-so a new OLED.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I finally read about this whole color calibration thing about 15 years ago, I also felt WARM was a bit "too yellow".

It lasted for about 10 minutes then its obvious that its the REAL accurate color. Real life looks like that.

So yeah, for all of you doubting the Warm recommendations, just stick with it for like half an hour and it will make sense. Normal or Cold is just artificially blue, life is not like that, you are ruining the perfect quality/color rendition you would expect from any display, more-so a new OLED.

Is it possible that Warm2 on some sets overshoots and makes things a little "too" warm? My C9's Warm2 seems WAY warmer than Warm2 on most other sets I've used.

Deleted member 75819

Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Is it possible that Warm2 on some sets overshoots and makes things a little "too" warm? My C9's Warm2 seems WAY warmer than Warm2 on most other sets I've used.
It's possible but the variance is likely negligible. OLEDs tend to have some yellow tinting, with some panels have more yellowing than others. Mine has two large vertical yellowed streaks that are sort of noticeable when the screen is nearly all white. Warm2 looks very yellow initially but it really does become natural after some time. I'd recommend warming all of your screens, phones and laptops and monitors—it will help the adjustment so your eyes adapt to warmer temperatures.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Most sets actually have a little bit of a colour hue , due to not being calibrated for the panel variances . So it is possible for them to be a little greener than they should be (that's reasonably common)

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
With warm2 though, pure white is more or less gone, no? It's just yellow tinted (at least to my eyes)

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something HDR Game doesn't have a peak brightness option on my C9.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It's possible but the variance is likely negligible. OLEDs tend to have some yellow tinting, with some panels have more yellowing than others. Mine has two large vertical yellowed streaks that are sort of noticeable when the screen is nearly all white. Warm2 looks very yellow initially but it really does become natural after some time. I'd recommend warming all of your screens, phones and laptops and monitors—it will help the adjustment so your eyes adapt to warmer temperatures.

Hmmm, I'll give it a shot, it just seems to take away the ability to show pure white which, at least right now, is making everything look like I'm playing Deus Ex lmao

Most sets actually have a little bit of a colour hue , due to not being calibrated for the panel variances . So it is possible for them to be a little greener than they should be (that's reasonably common)

Interesting, the area I find that get's compromised with Warm2 is greens and blues. Maybe this explains it. Thanks for the insight.

I think this is where I'm going to end up. Warm1 is the best balance for me, on my C9 anyway.

Oct 28, 2017
Also I agree that warm 2 setting looked awful at first but I forced myself to use it for a week and now things look 'right', life is warm bro, not cold!