• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dantero

Jan 23, 2018
I know when you buy your first HDMI 2.1 oled it can be overwhelming to setup your tv with the refresh rates and HDR settings.
This video should get you ready to go with your new Series X in just a few minutes without searching the other threads.

TURBO1112

Oct 25, 2017
Does Warm2 take time to get used to it. Every thing I read suggests it but I feel like its too warm

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I did a little post for how to enable 444 for Xbox and PS5 here

Vincent's video also gives the other common sense stuff of colour 50 / Warm 2 / HGIG

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks, just asking why is Warm 2 recommended ?
Changing the temperature determines the Kelvin point of white. All media content is typically mastered to D65, Warm 2 being the closest to this value. This setting is typically the most accurate and least prone to introducing errors, especially if you calibrate your display.

Standard temperature actually adds a touch of blue to its White. Personally, it took me a few weeks to get used to having my display in Warm 2. Now I can instantly tell when a display is set to standard and it actually gives me a bit of a headache; I won't ever go back to Standard. If you aren't going to calibrate your display and it still bugs you after a month, Warm 1 might be an adequate substitute.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks, just asking why is Warm 2 recommended ?
Warm 2 is the closest to D65 white (6500k) , which is the whitepoint used by all of the colour spaces that games/movies/Tv are made with.

So when this is right: the rest of the colours are more accurate as a result. It means you see an image close to that of the person that made the content, therefore it looks how it is meant to.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Changing the temperature determines the Kelvin point of white. All media content is typically mastered to D65, Warm 2 being the closest to this value. This setting is typically the most accurate and least prone to introducing errors, especially if you calibrate your display.

Standard temperature actually adds a touch of blue to its White. Personally, it took me a few weeks to get used to having my display in Warm 2. Now I can instantly tell when a display is set to standard and it actually gives me a bit of a headache; I won't ever go back to Standard. If you aren't going to calibrate your display and it still bugs you after a month, Warm 1 might be an adequate substitute.
Warm 2 is the closest to D65 white (6500k) , which is the whitepoint used by all of the colour spaces that games/movies/Tv are made with.

So when this is right: the rest of the colours are more accurate as a result. It means you see an image close to that of the person that made the content, therefore it looks how it is meant to.
Warm 2 is the closest to D65 or 6500K
tks

Nov 1, 2017
As a fun fact, 2020 displays now feature a Filmmaker Mode as one of the picture presets. This mode automatically changes your TV's settings to match what the UHD Alliance believes to be correct / the "intended" viewing experience (e.g. disabling Motion Smoothing). One of the many settings that is automatically changed is the temperature, which goes from - you've guessed it - Standard to Warm2.

Mar 31, 2020
Yep, I'm not into it. Destiny 2 Moon missions become tawdry, makes the rocks look stained with cigarette smoke.

Bluing is a concept that's been around since the 1800's. It's why Laundry detergent is blue as it makes whites appear whiter than they are and allows more light to reflect off of it to make it appear brighter but it ruins the accuracy of the color. Your eyes are just used to this bluing technique.

Last edited:

Maximrace

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So when Vincent displays the CX's info screen by pushing the green button (@10min 10) a few times it says the display is displaying 5.5hz. Why does it say that? Shouldn't that be 120hz?

brobban

Oct 28, 2017
Vincent's video also gives the other common sense stuff of colour 50 / Warm 2 / HGIG
Great guide!

Is it strange that I don't have the setting "Live Plus" ?
Also, a few picture settings are greyed out and can't be changes, such as Colour Gamut (both in SDR & HDR), Gamma (in HDR), Peak Brightness (in SDR & HDR).

My firmware is 03.11.25

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Great guide!

Is it strange that I don't have the setting "Live Plus" ?
Also, a few picture settings are greyed out and can't be changes, such as Colour Gamut (both in SDR & HDR), Gamma (in HDR), Peak Brightness (in SDR & HDR).

My firmware is 03.11.25
It might be a C9 only thing, I'll check what options there are on the CX.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
how does this compare to P40L0 settings on the LG thread?

13wjg8w.png

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
These settings, specifically the PC mode, causes flickering and artifacts with my XSX with an LG C9. I'm on the latest firmware so I guess I'm just outta luck.

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, I'm not into it. Destiny 2 Moon missions become tawdry, makes the rocks look stained with cigarette smoke.

That's what warm settings do to me - make me remember the way everything looked in my parents' house. (heavy smokers)

I kind of like got used to lighter warm settings for movies, but I still prefer cooler settings for games and anime.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
I use Warm1 to be honest its just a little more pleasing. I think I might have warm2 on the LG integrated apps.

Maybe I'll try it for a week on warm2

Dec 11, 2017
These settings, specifically the PC mode, causes flickering and artifacts with my XSX with an LG C9. I'm on the latest firmware so I guess I'm just outta luck.
Describe the flickering you are seeing. I'm seeing flashing vertical white lines across things like UI elements, and I can't figure out if it's my CX or my Series X.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I followed the other guide here and it looks great. Main exception, not doing warm2. I don't like the way it looks so I went with the neutral/in between option (not sure what it is called but neither warm nor cool).

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Should I get banding when setting RGB to limited and black level to low? I noticed it especially in Demon's Souls and Death Stranding. I had to set RGB range to auto and black level to auto to get rid of the banding.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Generally I hate the chatter in videos like this, but I'm really enjoying this guy waffle on.

Will watch this again when I'm back at my TV and use if for my hopefully arriving tomorrow PS5 too

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
I really recommended subbing to this channel for updates about your TV so you're always up to date with the latest issues or settings recommendations. Vincent is the bee's knees.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I followed the other guide here and it looks great. Main exception, not doing warm2. I don't like the way it looks so I went with the neutral/in between option (not sure what it is called but neither warm nor cool).
Warm2 takes getting use to, it took me one to two weeks of solid usage when I did it years ago. But once you do everything will look better and you'll see cooler settings for what they are; a blue filter. Getting use to Warm2 won't only result in a more accurate pleasing image, but it'll be less straining on your eyes as well.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Warm2 takes getting use to, it took me one to two weeks of solid usage when I did it years ago. But once you do everything will look better and you'll see cooler settings for what they are; a blue filter. Getting use to Warm2 won't only result in a more accurate pleasing image, but it'll be less straining on your eyes as well.
I tried. For a dozen days. I felt my cats were peeing on my oled. Seriously it's ugly for me.
My wall behind my tv is white. My tv wasn't white on a white screen 😅