• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
I recently discovered that I like watching bad movies, specifically those that are so bad they're good for a laugh, and i'm searching for recommendations; Iconic stuff like Tommy Wiseau's The Room, bad horror movies like Gothic Harvest or... just bad movies due whatever (bad acting, bad script, bad camera work), like la "La Dama del Bosque Maldito" (not even sure anyone has seen that one around here).

So... yup, i want bad movies. Hit me with anything.

Edit: Thank you for throwing so many recommendations! Seems like there's a lot of gold to dig on this thread, lol

Last edited:

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The worst movie I have ever seen is Final Destination 4 and I highly recommend it. Gotta know how bad it can get to appreciate how good things can get!

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
There are gobs of good-bad movies!

The obvious ones are:
Troll 2
Suburban Sasquatch
The Room
Freaked
Freaks
Birdemic
Manos: The Hand of Fate
Plan 9 From Outer Space

These are a good start, but you can also never go wrong with Mystery Science Theater 3000, RiffTrax, and Cinematic Titanic.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The Good Dinosaur. It's Pixar at its worst but unlike Cars 2 they really thought they hit Pixar magic.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Van Helsing starring Hugh Jackman. Great fun in a crappy sort of way, especially Richard Roxburgh as Dracula who's chewing the scenery so much it's no wonder they needed so much CGI.
After Last Season has to be seen to be believed, just the dirt worst movie I've ever seen in my life. There's a hospital set that is clearly just a room in a house, and they've taped some cardboard together to make an MRI machine.
The Resident Evil movies are fun action trash. Only the last one, Final Chapter, crosses the line into near unwatchable due to the editing and sound.
Chost Shark, because of this...
200.gif

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The Book of Henry needs to be seen to be believed.

Also,

Sherlock_holmes_by_asylum_film_poster.jpg

(the director of this actually released a pretty decent teen roadtrip comedy last year, Unpregnant)

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Oooh, House of the Dead by Uwe Boll. Needs to be watched in order to see how a near 10 minute gunfight against zombies can be made boring by a hack with no talent. As well as the edits which sometimes have game clips spliced in for no reason.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Samurai Cop is a classic of bad movies. Everything about it is hilarious but to me the best part is the script. So many lines and exchanges are unintentional comedy gold.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Swarm (1978) is the worst movie ever and unintentionally the most hilarious.

I remember coming across it while skipping channels. It was so poorly acted, so ridiculous, so badly written, with terrible sfx, and chock full of late 70s racist dog-whistles (by the end of the movie, "Africanised killer bees" simply becomes "Africans" 😬) , I could not for life of me change channels.

If you can stomach all that, give it a watch. It's so mind-fuckingly awful that even Michael Caine, the star of the film, refused to talk about it.

Here's a taste:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield Earth

Double Toasted had my favorite review of it some time ago.

www.youtube.com

BATTLEFIELD EARTH - BAD MOVIE ROAST (Part 1) | Double Toasted

Get 10% off your first month by signing up through this link -https://www.betterhelp.com/toastedThis video is sponsored and approved by BetterHelp. BATTLEFIE...

www.youtube.com

BATTLEFIELD EARTH - BAD MOVIE ROAST (Part 2) | Double Toasted

BATTLEFIELD EARTH BAD MOVIE ROAST Part 2 | Double Toasted - Today at Double Toasted we have our Battlefield Earth bad movie review. In this funny video, we t...

www.youtube.com

BATTLEFIELD EARTH - BAD MOVIE ROAST (Part 3) | Double Toasted

BATTLEFIELD EARTH - BAD MOVIE ROAST (Part 3) | Double Toasted - Today at Double Toasted we have our Battlefield Earth bad movie review. In this funny video, ...

Seconded Samurai Cop, just baffling bad and highlarious.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Tammy and the trex
Velocopastor
African kung Fu Nazis

Are great horrible movies that come to mind.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watching Barbarella was probably the most fun and entertaining movie night with friends I've had.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I watched Johnny Mnemonic a couple months ago or so and had a blast despite how bad it is. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun time.

SOBOSLDR

Nov 27, 2017
Gods of Egypt, this movie is a so bad it's good one I even bought the Blu-ray. It's entertainingly bad and the acting is just perfect for it's badness.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon wars. Renamed to D-wars now I believe. Saw it opening day in the theaters, it seemed to take itself seriously, standard impending apocalypse is coming opening, but the budget and nonsense to fill time was hilarious as the moving went on. Tanks looking obviously toy models and villains blowing shit up with pyrotechnics out of power rangers. There were only two in the theater besides my friend and I. We laughed our ass off. We bought the blu ray as soon as release.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Ninja III: The Domination

An aerobics instructor becomes entranced by an arcade machine and gets possessed by a demonic ninja. So 80's. So bad. So, so good.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
MV5BMTMwMTU2NjIwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQ1NTgzNA@@._V1_.jpg

Fun fact: just now looking for the poster I learned it's a H. G. Wells story... WAT

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing But Trouble. It's terrible but something about it has made me watch it 5 or 6 times since it was released. It's got a barely trying Chevy Chase, John Candy being wasted on a role, and an awful Dan Aykroyd character.

Worth it for The Digital Underground appearance.
www.youtube.com

Digital Underground - Same Song (feat. 2Pac) [Official Music Video]

Download/Stream - https://tommyboyrecords.lnk.to/DigitalUnderground_BestOfWEFor Digital Underground merchandise visit: https://digitalundergroundteeshirts.co...

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
I just watched Cats for the first and was very much entertained by it. Though I have to say, I'm not really even sure it's a bad film. It's such a weird, bold and original film you just can't help but to admire it.

There are gobs of good-bad movies!

The obvious ones are:
Troll 2
Suburban Sasquatch
The Room
Freaked
Freaks
Birdemic
Manos: The Hand of Fate
Plan 9 From Outer Space

These are a good start, but you can also never go wrong with Mystery Science Theater 3000, RiffTrax, and Cinematic Titanic.
You better not be talking about the absolute masterpiece that is the 1932 Tod Browning film.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Swarm (1978) is the worst movie ever and unintentionally the most hilarious.

I remember coming across it while skipping channels. It was so poorly acted, so ridiculous, so badly written, with terrible sfx, and chock full of late 70s racist dog-whistles (by the end of the movie, "Africanised killer bees" simply becomes "Africans" 😬) , I could not for life of me change channels.

If you can stomach all that, give it a watch. It's so mind-fuckingly awful that even Michael Caine, the star of the film, refused to talk about it.

Here's a taste:

That movie is amazing.
It got a ton of famous people in the cast, and it's really hilarious to see Miami Connection level writing delivered by all time great actors.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
My friends and I specifically try to hunt down these types of movies to watch on the weekends. The main criterias being that they're bad but funny and they aren't intentionally bad or a parody. Bonus points if it contains someone famous. We also try to pick things that are free on a streaming platform such as Amazon Prime.

Just listing some of our most recent watches:
  • The Gate - a portal to hell or whatever is in this kid's backyard. It goes some nuts places
  • Space Truckers - think big rig truckers...in space
  • Remo Williams - they thought this movie was gonna kick off a new Chuck Norris style American action hero franchise. It did not.
  • Warlock - a warlock and a witch hunter get teleported to the future an a couple things happen as a result
  • Hackers - this movie wrote the book on bad computer jargon
  • Fright Night - an incompetent vampire lives next door
  • Con Air - don't need to describe this one. Actually, go ahead and just watch all the Nic Cage movies

I could keep going but the list would start to look intimidating.

Here's a few duds I recommend AVOIDING. They are so bad they are not fun to watch. Don't fall prey to their thumbnails.

• Omega Doom - robot wars sound cool but I'm not kidding when this whole movie is one location and multiple minutes of people staring at each other
  • Primal - I take back what I said. Watch every Nic Cage movie except this one.
  • Jumper - almost fun but the romance stuff takes up so much of the movie it just gets boring
  • Deathstalker - there's a lot of rapey stuff that's off putting
  • Outcast - wait, don't watch this Nic Cage movie either. Just slow and boring.
  • The Last Man - This is actually about dealing with PTSD and is pretty dark
  • The Unnameable - actually you can watch this one. You just have to be okay with seeing a group of teens go down what appears to be the same hallway yelling "hello? Where are you?" for literally dozens of minutes

Stopping there because it'd be rude to make my do not watch list is longer than my watch list.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
The Good Dinosaur. It's Pixar at its worst but unlike Cars 2 they really thought they hit Pixar magic.
I think the initial pitch was dinosaurs seeing a human as a pest, and learning to view the world differently. Or something to that degree. The problem that they made was that the central message was something about being brave and dealing with loss, but it just all fell apart. A Pixar dinosaur movie seemed like another home run like selling car toys from cars, but the movie lacked so much that it's hard to fully grasp it.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I think the initial pitch was dinosaurs seeing a human as a pest, and learning to view the world differently. Or something to that degree. The problem that they made was that the central message was something about being brave and dealing with loss, but it just all fell apart. A Pixar dinosaur movie seemed like another home run like selling car toys from cars, but the movie lacked so much that it's hard to fully grasp it.

It also didn't help that Zootopia executed a similar premise so much better and that movie only came out a couple months after The Good Dinosaur.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Street Fighter: the movie, is the best bad movie in existence. Don't quote me.

WindingAgileGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
It also didn't help that Zootopia executed a similar premise so much better and that movie only came out a couple months after The Good Dinosaur.
Not only that but one of the big jokes was that the human boy acts like a dog throughout the movie, but that exact bit was already in the Croods two years before.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Freaked and Frankenhooker are legit great. You guys are tripping.

Most of the classics have been mentioned so I'll throw out one that is still flying under peoples radars for some reason… The Human Centipede 3. It's terrible but Dieter Laser's performance is fucking WILD. What makes it fun to watch is putting yourself in the shoes of a crew member watching that performance as it's being filmed. The only reason every take wasn't ruined by the crew laughing is because they were probably standing there slack jawed the entire time thinking "this can't be real. I must have died and gone to moviemaking hell."