• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
So I recently treated myself to a 65" LG CX OLED and finally started dipping into 4K blu-rays territory.

I got myself some 4k disks already, but always happy to hear some other recommendations.

I currently have the following 4k movies:

* LOTR 4K set
* 2001: A Space Odyssey
* Blade Runner: The final Cut
* Blade Runner 2049
* Mad Max Fury Road
* Alita: Battle Angel
* Planet Earth 2
* Dunkirk
* Tenet
* Avengers: Endgame

I'm also looking for quality movies. I know there are some great movies out there in 4K that make good showcasing, but that don't do more than that. I want good movies!

Some movies I have my eyes on: The Matrix (don't know if the second and third movie have good 4K conversions, I know the first one should be great), War Of The Worlds, John Wick series, Saving pvt Ryan, Alien, Interstellar.

Disappointed that certain movies don't have a 4K release yet. I'm dying to see some of my favorite movies in 4K. Aliens is probably one of my most anticipated 4K releases, if it ever gets a release.

So go ahead, recommend me some great movies that have a great 4K release!

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
eb6f96_eacf6685ae524d0590338570caa27ab4~mv2.webp

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
I will confirm that you should definitely get Saving Private Ryan and John Wick. The detail brought out by 4K is unreal in Saving Private Ryan and the way HDR makes the night time scenes in John Wick 'pop' is really noticeable.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Anything actually shot on film should look great :D unfortunately most modern films are shot or CGI rendered only in 1080p so 4K versions are always upscaled

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Seen that in UHD on Netflix, it was absolutely amazing. I can imagine it's even better on disk though.

Spider-Verse on Netflix is 4K without HDR, and that movie SINGS in HDR.

Alien is demo disc material. Perfect image quality.

Gemini Man plays at 4K 60FPS, and for that reason alone it's a must-watch.