• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just checked out some No Man's Sky vids and the game looks awesome. Will I like it if I loved Outer Wilds? The traversal seems a bit similar.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
FTL is good for this. Dicey Dungeons too.
Age of Empires II DE

I second all of these.
Really great suggestions, as you can get into them easily - but take a break when you want. (Assuming you are playing AoE2:DE on single-player)
My biggest recommendation for a care-free podcast would be Dicey Dungeons - as its a nice, breezy game.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I guess that I would also add in Civ (whichever version you like) in that conversation...
MMOs, city skylines, footy manager, path of exile, skyrim + all the mods
Yup, builders (Cities Skylines, Tropico, Factorio which you mentioned) and turn based strategy (Civilization) are what I go with.

Tropico, you may have to turn off the voice lines, and turn down the music a bit.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Civilization IV, V, or VI. V is probably my favorite still (with expansion packs), but VI is starting to grow on me.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Rocket league and Slay the spire.

Those are the ones I use to chill atm.

Neophy

Dec 6, 2018
Any of the Truck Simulator games or Elite Dangerous, which is a Sim type game too. Peripherals for both games are recommend but not needed, a gamepad may suffice.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm leaning towards giving Stardew Valley another try. It didn't hook me on Switch but maybe I'll enjoy it on PC now that I'm in the mood for something like this.
If you're looking for something Stardew Valley'ish: take a look at Graveyard Keeper.

For your Minecraft itch: Eco Global Survival is pretty awesome but more complex and chilled than Minecraft.

Hidden Gem: Dicey Dungeons. It's just awesome.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
I feel Grand strategy games are pretty good for this if you know what you're doing.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
Usually open world games or ones where you dont have to pay attention to story work well. I think these would work well:

Mad Max
Shadow of Mordor
The Division
Far Cry 3-5
Prototype
Risk of Rain

occ86

Oct 30, 2017
Fallout 76

I like the game, but storywise there isn't just anything there really, so you won't miss out while listening to / watching podcasts or twitch.

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Believe it or not...Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. After over 150 hours I'm to the point where playing the game without listening to a podcast/having a stream open just feels wrong.

Granted... My k/d is only .72 (1.55 win loss though)

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Stuff like Stardew Valley, Factorio, Path of Exile, Rimworld, Minecraft, Terraria, Forza Horizon 4 etc.

I played Minecraft quite intensively and I liked it. Not sure about Terraria but I would give it a try if you guys recommend it. As for Factorio, I played the demo and wasn't hooked to be honest but I'd try again. Forza Horizon 4 was sublime but I'm burnt out on that game.

I'm leaning towards giving Stardew Valley another try. It didn't hook me on Switch but maybe I'll enjoy it on PC now that I'm in the mood for something like this.
Civilization

Fitz

Oct 25, 2017
Warframe kept me occupied whilst listening to podcasts for a solid year.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
CIV is good for this. Dota 2 with bots for me is also good for this.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
MMOs, Skyrim, Fallout ≥3, quiet games like Dark Souls, etc.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I'll also suggest the Truck Simulator games. Been catching up on the CBB best of's while driving around delivering gifts. It's been relaxing.