• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I just dropped Pokémon Masters and Dokkan Battle and I didn't liked Legends(it's good, I'm just not in the mood).
I'm looking for something fun, F2P friendly(I won't spend more than a few dimes on these games) and doesn't really force you to heavily invest.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
FGO if you like to read. Magireco if you're a Madoka Magica fan.

Until recently I'd have recommended Dragalia, but ever since the director swap it's been downhill, adding two whole new tiers to grind out and leaderboard charts but no new event types or gameplay elements.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Personally i think Dragalia Lost is pretty good. Lots of free gems, too. Not only in the starting period to get you hooked, they give em out pretty regulary

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
King of Fighters All Star, Mario Kart Tour and maybe Last Cloudia but I havent spent much time on that one.

Started Destiny Child too but that one has some... wild art. If you dont mind very horny designs then it's fine, and they're giving away fully maxed out units for free currently.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, another vote for Dragalia Lost here. It's worth a try if you haven't yet checked it out. Mega Man crossover event running right now.

OP
OP
IzzyRX

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Dragalia seems cool then.
Anyone know anything about the SaGa one?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
If you're gonna play Gacha you either play FGO or Azur Lane or Granblue. You don't play Dragalia, hell you play Langrisser instead of Dragalia.

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
Granblue Fantasy has nice gameplay, cool team building, events with production values and some cool free characterts that are powerful you can get without the need of rolling in the gacha.

If you start it I recommend it on the middle of the month on flash fest where rates of gacha are doubled. Roulette which gives a ton of free rolls is about to start close.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dokkan was my favorite but I stopped playing after 2-3 years. It just kind of all felt easy and pointless after a while.

Dragalia Lost's balance is generous towards players not spending a dime. But there's so much to do with daily energy, etc. that if you're even a bit OCD you'll find the game consuming a lot of time. There's a sense of pressure to do everything and maximize your time spent. Dropped it as a result.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is another that's fun but the balance teeters between Dokkan and Dragalia. My issue with it was most of my energy spent was running auto battles...so basically not even playing the game.

Playing Sega Heroes as my phone game currently. It's fun as long as you realize you can't beat the highest tiers of stages without spending a ton of money. The monetization is probably the worst I've seen in a game but it's mindless fun as long as you don't take it seriously. Basically the worst of the bunch if you plan to spend money but also the most easy going of the bunch.

Depends on what you want. Sega Heroes consumes the least amount of time. Dragalia is basically a mini MMO. Brave Exvius is somewhere in the middle of those two.

Almaz_Hiro

Jan 20, 2018
Dragalia lost? If you like the gameplay then that's a good one. They generally give out lots of gacha currency through quests, events and just generally every so often hand out gacha currency.

Granblue is also pretty good, generous with currency but you got to spend a lot of time on it to progress.

I wouldn't recommend FGO if you don't plan on spending quite a bit. Rates are pretty poor and you don't really get a lot of gacha currency.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia is one of the finest, funnest, most generous Gatcha games I've ever played, to the point that I have spent money on it not for material reward, but because I felt bad not paying the developers for making a game I've enjoyed for so long.

Lot's of classic final fantasy characters, they interact believably and many storylines and moments in the game's story are legitimately compelling, a strategic and interesting battle system, many opportunities to pity for high class equipment, all characters come freely with events, story or permenant content, premium resources are given out like candy, the hard content is legitimately challenging and ask you to work on team composition to find interesting solutions to boss mechanics, nearly every character has unique stuff that makes them useful for many different situations... it's amazing.

The developers constantly interact with the players through community streams and responses to feedback, the community itself is vibrant and helpful, from the TCC podcast going over content to the Tonberry Troupe posting profession and helpful infographics for different upcoming characters, to the amazing database for the game run by Rem called "Dissidia Database," for researching upcoming events and looking up info on nearly anything in the game.

Let me repeat, DFFOO is an amazing Mobile Gatcha game, one I'm proud to be a part of the community of, and I highly reccomend giving it a try.

If you do decide to give it a shot, right now is a relatively good time to try it. We have a raid going on, so everyone contribuitng to it gains rewards for everyone else collectively, so in a few days you'll be swimming in starting resources! Not to mention two useful characters have a Banner right now, Kuja (FFIX) is very good against multiple enemies and can help sweep easy or repeatable content quickly, and Lilisette (FFXI) is a very potent buffer and debuff, and specializes in making bosses much less problematic by reducing their damage and turn potential.

Try to shoot for these two's EX weapon, and you'll find them useful for a long time!

Plus, Ultimecia (FFVIII) is Also on banner with Squall (FFVIII), and she is SUPER meta for basically forever, and is a very good investment, basically reroll worthy in every way. You probably won't have to reroll with all the gems you'll get playing the content, but you can!

Last edited:

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
FGO if you like to read. Magireco if you're a Madoka Magica fan.

Until recently I'd have recommended Dragalia, but ever since the director swap it's been downhill, adding two whole new tiers to grind out and leaderboard charts but no new event types or gameplay elements.
I don't think that's fair. The new director is openly talking about having to spend some time to create new bridges between regular content and endgame content. They need to course-correct that aspect of the game before focusing on new game modes, IMO.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I've only really felt like FF Brave Exvius has the kind of deep strategy and character/team building to keep my interest over the years. The gacha is totally not worth it because you can do 95% of all content without spending a cent, you just have to consciously remind yourself to be patient and wait.

That it has excellent pixel art and music is also a plus.

It's only downside is that the story mode/ solo progression structure is really boring - the typical "nodes on a map" with half a dozen identical fights attached to it, interspersed with long cutscenes with a story that is basically Super Sentai meets FF4. It has its moments and the writing isn't bad, but more often than not it's pretty cliche.

DFF: Opera Omnia is a close second, but it lacks the kind of build and team customization that FFBE has. FFBE also has something that really plays well into turn-based combat, which is chaining, which introduces a button timing aspect that deepens interactivity quite a bit.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
King of Fighters: All Star and Sword Art Online: Rising Steel are two of the better gacha games released this year. DFFOO is one of the better older ones.

This year was a rough year for gacha, and 2018's big games (Dragalia and E7) are both in bad places.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Another Eden is a great Gacha game. In my opinion the only mobile free to play game that actually feels like a classic JRPG.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Granblue. Especially with the christmas rewards/freebies coming up soon. The best time to get into the game is between now and the anniversary in March where they're most generous with all their stuff. It is a grindy game (the most grindy game I've ever played tbh), but it's fun with crewmates and rewarding to see your progress over the months and years. They've also introduced new tools and freebies to new players to help them get caught up to speed faster, so it's nowhere near the impenetrable wall that it was when it first came out in EN in 2016.

Outside of that, I've been playing Dissidia FF:OO and it's been pretty enjoyable for what it is, especially if ur not planning to spend any money on it.

Also AL if u like cute boat girls. Also please Aquaplus bring Uta Lost Flag to the west.

This year was a rough year for gacha, and 2018's big games (Dragalia and E7) are both in bad places.

I've had some friends boot up World Flippers which just dropped about a week ago and they've said it's really enjoyable, but unfortunately its JP only atm.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also gonna say Dragalia, by far the best I've played, very generous, kept getting updated with nice qol improvements and pretty easy to get into.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
World Flipper is new and great if you love building teams and theorycrafting. The skill unison system allows you to equip characters to other characters like equipment and theres a ton of possibilities and combinations to be had. Japanese only though.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Brave Exvius and MK Tour are the only ones I've played that I found compelling enough to spend serious time in.

SW Galaxy of Heroes is fun but seriously cash grabby.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Granblue has the best story of the ones I've played, and is the most generous. Dragalia is also pretty generous.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Magia Record's gacha has been ridiculously kind to me. I recommend it.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone should play Granblue Fantasy. It's one of the most, if not the most, beginner friendly yet incredibly deep games out there. There are huge amounts of gameplay to dig into and the game eases you in nicely and they even recently added a buttload of guides and tutorials in-game to make it easier to know what you're doing and what you're aiming for.

Plus it's in English. That's especially helpful.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: drive-by posting
Ga(t)chaman CROWDS eeeeey.

there aren't any gachas that are worth playing imo

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Dragalia lost is basically the the gacha imo. it's overall production quality, its events, the cast, the gameplay. As someone who was in a loop of picking up and dropping gacha for the bast 7-8 years, dragalia is the only one I've stuck with for over a year now.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is the only gacha I play. They throw so much in game currency at you that you'll never need to spend a dime unless you're a really hardcore player who demands certain drops.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia is one of the finest, funnest, most generous Gatcha games I've ever played, to the point that I have spent money on it not for material reward, but because I felt bad not paying the developers for making a game I've enjoyed for so long.

Lot's of classic final fantasy characters, they interact believably and many storylines and moments in the game's story are legitimately compelling, a strategic and interesting battle system, many opportunities to pity for high class equipment, all characters come freely with events, story or permenant content, premium resources are given out like candy, the hard content is legitimately challenging and ask you to work on team composition to find interesting solutions to boss mechanics, nearly every character has unique stuff that makes them useful for many different situations... it's amazing.

The developers constantly interact with the players through community streams and responses to feedback, the community itself is vibrant and helpful, from the TCC podcast going over content to the Tonberry Troupe posting profession and helpful infographics for different upcoming characters, to the amazing database for the game run by Rem called "Dissidia Database," for researching upcoming events and looking up info on nearly anything in the game.

Let me repeat, DFFOO is an amazing Mobile Gatcha game, one I'm proud to be a part of the community of, and I highly reccomend giving it a try.

If you do decide to give it a shot, right now is a relatively good time to try it. We have a raid going on, so everyone contribuitng to it gains rewards for everyone else collectively, so in a few days you'll be swimming in starting resources! Not to mention two useful characters have a Banner right now, Kuja (FFIX) is very good against multiple enemies and can help sweep easy or repeatable content quickly, and Lilisette (FFXI) is a very potent buffer and debuff, and specializes in making bosses much less problematic by reducing their damage and turn potential.

Try to shoot for these two's EX weapon, and you'll find them useful for a long time!

Plus, Ultimecia (FFVIII) is Also on banner with Squall (FFVIII), and she is SUPER meta for basically forever, and is a very good investment, basically reroll worthy in every way. You probably won't have to reroll with all the gems you'll get playing the content, but you can!
Seriously. The only gacha game I've ever stuck with. It's so good, it could be a paid title. Every character is free, the gacha elements are for the weapons. Even so, you can mix and match and still have a viable team. Highly recommend this, OP.

Edit: I just got Ultimecia's best weapon on a free draw, too

Last edited:

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Dragalia Lost is the correct answer, and I'm glad to see that others here were eager to point you in that direction.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dragalia or Granblue. Granblue in particular, this will be a very very good time to start. End of year shenanigans are typically incredibly generous

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
Dragalia Lost has it share of problems but I think it is pretty generous with the gacha and the endgame is really impressive and fun if you are into suffering with fights that needs a lot of preparation and coordenation.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just going to echo Dragalia Lost. I'm a bit tired of it at the moment (I am not really playing many games on my phone in general at the moment) but it's a very impressive game and I've only spent about $5 on it (none in about a year) but have received countless 5* summons. They're incredibly generous with the freebies and the art is really fantastic. Highly recommended.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
i'm going to recomend star wars galaxy of heroes.
The game is P2W and its rather slow for f2p. That said many mechanics are made in away that you don't usually fight whales.

The biggest problem of the game is that each cahr that is released is a new meta that completely crushes the previous meta. This means that cool chars that are 1-2 years old are not very viable at late game. This efectively means that if you grind your favorite star wars chars yo uare most likely harming yourself for late game.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I have friends who swear by Dragalia Lost, including people who would normally not touch gacha with a ten foot pole. Its made me strongly consider playing myself.

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dragalia Lost! Lot's of good changes coming soon (such as more permanent content).

For me, I love how they implemented an auto repeat/auto play function. I can now work/study while still playing Dragalia!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not exactly one of the most popular ones around but I really like Mobius Final Fantasy and would recommend it. I find it to be fairly generous overall and the story is pretty good if minimal at times. Surprising amount of voice acting at times and does have an English dub if that is your thing (I personally use it).

It's even cool that when they did their FFX cross over event they got James Arnold Taylor back as Tidus and Hedy Burress as Yuna.

If your someone that wants to specifically collect Final Fantasy characters it's not the best. Rather the game is all about collecting classes from across the series. Like you even can get Eorzea Paladin (FFXIV), though there is some characters you can unlock like Tidus, Cloud, Lightning, Yuna, Y'sthola, and more.

It has a Steam version too that is cross play and cross save with the mobile version.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Azur Lane is basically the only Gacha game where I've ever felt like I wasn't constantly being pestered to spend money and the lack of ladyships locked behind rolling a premium currency makes it feel way more fair than any other game.