• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I finished this on 3DS. I think it's by the same person that made the Boku no Natsuyasumi games? I loved exploring all the quaint scenes and soaking in the vibe and atmosphere. I'd love to also play the BnN games, but afaik they're not localized or accessible here. Any other games similar to this?

Also, yeah, if you haven't played Attack of the Friday Monsters, and enjoy chill, laid-back games, give this a shot.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
Well, you could always start with the Boku no Natsuyasumi games, as you said. Or have you exhausted those?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah it's really cool game. I played through it this past Christmas when I was visiting my parents place for a couple days. It was the perfect atmosphere for such a game.

Oct 25, 2017
You could try the Yokai Watch games. Gives a somewhat similar vibe of exploring suburban japan through the eyes of an elementary school child.

OP
OP
WarpSpeedMolasses
Oct 25, 2017
Well, you could always start with the Boku no Natsuyasumi games, as you said. Or have you exhausted those?

Language barrier, and I don't have a PS2 hooked up. I guess I can hunt translation patches, but I'd rather play a game that's locally released on current platforms...if such a game exists within this mold.

You could try the Yokai Watch games. Gives a somewhat similar vibe of exploring suburban japan through the eyes of an elementary school child.

Ah...I didn't really consider those games. I thought they were closer to pokemon?

Oct 25, 2017
Language barrier, and I don't have a PS2 hooked up. I guess I can hunt translation patches, but I'd rather play a game that's locally released on current platforms...if such a game exists within this mold.

Ah...I didn't really consider those games. I thought they were closer to pokemon?

Kind of, it's definitely a mon collectible game, but atleast in terms of setting it definitely gave me similar vibes. The demo should also be on the 3ds eshop if you want to give it a shot.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
You should check out A Short Hike. It ran on my old laptop well, and it is such a terrific, chill game. Reminded me of the fun I had in Boku no Natsuyasumi.