• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
You did not give birth to that pupper. You are not that pupper's mom/dad.

giphy.gif
No,_I_don't_think_I_will.jpg

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I once detailed to some friends that I would rescue my cat, whom I had known for like 15 years at this point, from a burning house before I would rescue them, who I had known for a few years. They didn't take it well. That's too bad - burn baby. He was my Son if I say he was. If you don't like it - step off I don't care.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I once detailed to some friends that I would rescue my cat, whom I had known for like 15 years at this point, from a burning house before I would rescue them, who I had known for a few years. They didn't take it well. That's too bad - burn baby. He was my Son if I say he was. If you don't like it - step off I don't care.

I cancelled a date on the day my cat died a couple years ago. When I next met up with the date and explained why I cancelled on her, she was like "oh, that's so sweet, I would've taken care of you!"

I responded by going "No, you don't understand. That cat meant more to me than my actual brother. I would've destroyed your soul."

I wasn't even kidding. My brother's a piece of shit and that cat was a goddamn hero. I still miss him.

Oct 27, 2017
Only thing that really annoys me is people acting like having a cat or dog is of an equal burden as having a human child. Idc how much you love your pet, it is NOT the same thing as having to clothe, feed, nurture, and educate a human being for 18+ years.

And before someone says it: yes, there are absolutely people who try to claim it's the same thing. Mostly white people on my FB feed.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't we just mind our own business when it comes to this stuff? As long as they're not obnoxious about taking care of their pets, let them do their own damn thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Only thing that really annoys me is people acting like having a cat or dog is of an equal burden as having a human child. Idc how much you love your pet, it is NOT the same thing as having to clothe, feed, nurture, and educate a human being for 18+ years.

And before someone says it: yes, there are absolutely people who try to claim it's the same thing. Mostly white people on my FB feed.

I've seen some people treat their pets much better, than others tread their children, so I absolutely believe that is true for some.

Oct 28, 2017

It is the same in the sense they're both dependent on you for their well being. Owning a pet comes with responsibilities on your time and money just as it does with a child. Although the costs, monetary or otherwise, are going to be considerably higher with a human for reasons I think are obvious to anyone. I dont know why that would annoy anyone but that's your choice to make.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This forum is hella judgmental and likely gives people complexes.
Some general rules for threadmaking would be great.

1. Every asinine moment/thought in your life doesn't deserve a thread.
2. You're not special for noticing/following/not following "trends".
3. Yes you are weird for doing that thing in that one real-life social scenario.

Then again, half of EtcetEra would probably stop functioning.

Jun 6, 2019
User warned: Hostility
Nothing worse than childless morons going: "Oh, I know what it's like to have a kid, I have a fur baby"

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you are in someway trying to take credit for being a parent or trying to gain some respect for being a parent and your child is an animal... that is annoying.

Other than that, I don't know why so many people are butt hurt when someone says dog mom/dad or calls their pet their daughter/son. It's just a fun and affectionate thing people do. Me and my girlfriend do it to our dog. It's not taking it away from any "real" parents.

GF's sister had a baby recently and she was like weirdly offended that we threw a little dog birthday party for our dog. In my experience the only people that take offense to this are those who have kids that feel weirdly jealous or something.

Oct 25, 2017
If the most important thing you have to tell the world about is the fact you have a pet, I think you really need to cultivate a more interesting life.

(to be fair, I extend this criticism to many other Twitter profiles.)

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some general rules for threadmaking would be great.

1. Every asinine moment/thought in your life doesn't deserve a thread.
2. You're not special for noticing/following/not following "trends".
3. Yes you are weird for doing that thing in that one real-life social scenario.

Then again, half of EtcetEra would probably stop functioning.

I would add a 4. If you don't bathe or use deodorant you are in the wrong. Always.

Last edited: