• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
You did not give birth to that pupper. You are not that pupper's mom/dad.

giphy.gif

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care for that trend either but you actually don't have to give birth to someone to be their parent.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Most people would consider an adoptive children's caretakers to be their parents.

OP
OP
out_of_touch

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
If it's twitter, it's usually a 50/50 chance that they're a sockpuppet account trying to pretend to be normal

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
It's just for lonely people to show other people they are lonely, without saying they're lonely.
Just let them do what they do

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you buy a child or take one in off the street, have him castrated and make him do tricks for your entertainment, then 'parent' is not the word most people would apply.
I adopted my cat from a charity, she has her own bed, I feed her 'gourmet' cat food. I don't expect anything from her and I don't try and force her to do anything she doesn't want to do. I wouldn't call myself a cat dad but I'd die for my cat. Why does that mean I should be ridiculed?

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Era has a serious, chronic problem with threads that beg to be ignored, and you are not helping, OP.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
"Recent"? I've heard (and read,online) that stuff since I was a child. I'm 30 years old.

Also, ignoring all the joking potential and light heartedness of the thread, I reaaaaaally dislike OPs phrasing and reasoning.
I know a few people who didn't give birth to their kids, and while this is very different, the line "You didn't give birth, you're not their parent"... idk bout that man

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Why the hell do you care? How does this affect you negatively?

Let people feel about their pets how they want to. You dont need to "correct" them.

OP
OP
out_of_touch

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell do you care? How does this affect you negatively?

Let people feel about their pets how they want to. You dont need to "correct" them.
It's selfish and doesn't take their pets feelings into consideration. Pets may or may not approve of humans calling themselves pet parents, but we'll never know because pets can't talk.