• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 ended with a huge cliffhanger, Bob the main character of the show was shot into the Web by Megabyte and so it fell on Enzo to defend Mainframe from Megabyte... the season took unexpected twists and turns and is a surprisingly effective use of Darker and Edgier.

Let's just say the final showdown still gives me chills...

(God, the cliffhanger still hurts)

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I watched through most of this a few weeks ago and was surprised at how much I still liked it. Just a great show, they have all the episodes for free on tubi.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It's a great show - really rough 3D now, of course, but still entertaining.

I wish there was a way to watch it where it actually looks good - like Fraggle Rock it's one of those older shows that suffers from a shitty transfer and interlacing. I have the DVD set but it looks like ass.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great show - really rough 3D now, of course, but still entertaining.

I wish there was a way to watch it where it actually looks good - like Fraggle Rock it's one of those older shows that suffers from a shitty transfer and interlacing. I have the DVD set but it looks like ass.

It's the same problem that I think plagues 90s CGI shows like Beast Wars. I don't think they CAN be transferred to Blu-Ray.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Haven't seen this show since I was a kid but I remember it having good writing and character development, might have to rewatch it.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ReBoot still remains one of my favourite animated series ever. Season 3 was simply incredible.

Season 4's cliffhanger, and the series getting a psuedo-conclusion in a (fan?) comic will always sting.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ReBoot still remains one of my favourite animated series ever. Season 3 was simply incredible.

Season 4's cliffhanger, and the series getting a psuedo-conclusion in a (fan?) comic will always sting.

I heard they had a third story for season 4 ready to go... but they ran out of time and money.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
Great storytelling is immortal. Especially Reboot, when you realize the first season is for world-building and seasons 2-3-4 kick it into high gear.

God I wish we got a proper sequel.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Getting the original Bob voice actor to come back as "original" Bob is still one of my favorite things.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic season to a great show. Season 4 was still great even though it ends on a cliffhanger, but season 3 was incredible.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect timing. I was down a reboot wormhole yest found some geocities esque looking sites like reboot revival etc. But this show had some of the most creative ideas and everything post Enzo losing the game was fucking a+

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Loved this season when I was a kid. Enzo's development, and the confrontation with Megabyte was superb. Reboot remains one of my favorite kids shows even after all these years.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Great show. Season 3 was one of the shows I was really into when I was a kid.

And in season 2, Fax Modem is still the best parody name I've seen in a show.

There was a comic conclusion? I only knew about the cliffhanger ending.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
I've never watched this through from start to finish. I watched the show whenever I could as a kid and I have the PS1 game.

All I know is that as a kid, I loved how the little green skin kid was an adult in later seasons.

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017
Nice timing. I just finished a rewatch of the whole series last night. Probably my favourite TV series from when I was a kid.

Mainframe had a run there. Beast Wars season two (and three to a lesser extent) were also punching way above their weight class for kids tv.
Shadow Raiders never got as much fanfare, but it had some really high points to it as well.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It never made sense to me that a... server? would crap itself each time someone won an online game hosted on it.

Still, best 3d cartoon show ever.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
Virus: Mercy guardian!
Matrix: I'm no guardian, I'm a renegade.
Virus: Meeercy renegade.
Matrix:Mercy, for a virus? BLAM!

Matrix had that tool on em and wasn't afraid to peel yo cap back. Great season.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There was a comic conclusion? I only knew about the cliffhanger ending.
It was a weird story that was only hosted on their website (and I think it was created by fans, and then Mainframe accepted it as the continuation) -- but it was weird. Like Megabyte was like a strange cult leader (different than Daemon) and... honestly I don't remember anything else aside from that.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how the first season is nearly unwatchable, but the third season is still absolutely great. Animation is still rough in season 3, but it's sooooooo good.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I enjoyed the hell out of living in Vancouver while working on that show. Miss that apartment Vancouver downtown right in front of the ocean...

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
I've never seen the show before, but that video gave me heavy Beast Wars vibes (obviously a good thing). I might look into it.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hold the rough animation against it... I mean consider when it was made and what they had at the time.
Definitely, just want to be keep expectations in check for anyone that may be seeing it for the first time.

I've never seen the show before, but that video gave me heavy Beast Wars vibes (obviously a good thing). I might look into it.
Same studio, I think produced around the same time. First season is definitely rough in every sense it can be. Second season does a lot more with the tone and setting. Season 3 challenged what a kid show could do with darker themes revolving around loss, revenge, and hope in the face of endless adversity.

It prescribes to the 80's kids movie theory that you can have a dark and sad story aimed at kids as long as there is a happy ending.

I would say just skip the first season, you'll quickly pick up on who the characters are and the string and world building aren't especially complex at first.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So I used to work at Mainframe. They've got a Dot's Diner (it's just a regular kitchen... but it's the thought that counts) and a big ol Mike the TV standing outside. Had to restrain myself from taking a photo with it.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I remember the fight between Megabyte and Matrix, and how MB derisively called him "boy". The voice actor was great.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Can this show be found on any streaming services these days?

tubi has it

tubitv.com

ReBoot

Inside a computer mainframe is an entire world Guardian Bob and his trusty friends must defend from the super-virus attacks threatening the system.

If you have Comcast Xfinity, you can just say Reboot with your remote and bring it up that way since it has the tubi app built in.