• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully the VR game isn't just a short experience. Totally interest in picking it up.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
The only game I ever played in 3D was sniper elite on PS4. Wish me new 4K tv was 3D compatible because it was fucking amazing playing the game in 3D.

Oooo shit and VR for PSVR?! I really need to pick up the aim controller (for firewall as well)

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Shooting Hitler in the testicles in VR?
4xBfl20.gif

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I played just 3 (finished) and was bored after few hours of 5. These games sure are saimy and lot repetitive. I am praying for their success however.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I really enjoyed 4; this is a useful reminder that I oughta play that DLC. I could see myself picking up the V2 remaster when it comes out.

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
I liked 2 even though it was rough around the edges, (Very linear.) and found 1 pretty janky (but it had a few neat systems like a camouflage system IIRC)

Heard 3 and 4 were less linear and a bit better.

If any of the games deserve a remaster, I'd argue 1 deserves a complete remake (I.E. running on the current engine 2 onward uses).

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
IN for SE5. Wonder where they'll go next. Both Afrika and Italia seem to cover the more "exotic" parts of the German/Italian scenarios of WW2. Wonder if they'll head to Asia or stick around Europe for a while longer...

Oct 29, 2017
After the complete bait and switch they pulled with Sniper Elite on Wii U, they have a LOT to prove.

Expecting a bit fat middle finger to Nintendo console owners, as per usual. You aren't getting my benefit of the doubt.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, I was under the assumption Sniper Elite was already on Switch, but I must have mistaken it with the WiiU version.

Didn't they basically do all major WW2 scenarios already? Pacific is really the only one left.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Hoping there's more Strange Brigade or something equivalent in the future, too. I love Rebellion games, but I prefer the non-sniper stuff.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah, the franchise is still alive. I remember playing the first one on Wii which was surprisingly good. I haven't played other games since, perfect way to catch up on Switch. Thanks Rebellion!

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After the complete bait and switch they pulled with Sniper Elite on Wii U, they have a LOT to prove.

Expecting a bit fat middle finger to Nintendo console owners, as per usual. You aren't getting my benefit of the doubt.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Well, the alternative is they don't release the game on the Switch at all, so I'm not really seeing your point. These games are excellent and it seems unlikely that the mistakes they made with the Wii U version (which I'm admittedly not aware of) will be repeated here.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Damn you can use the AIM controller for VR? This came out of nowhere for me. Color me intrigued!

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
I have a silly question. Just, for the heck of it. Labo VR Blaster support? :P

I mean, it's not like there will be a fundamental difference compared to motion-controls.

daCuk

Oct 27, 2017
Costa Rica
IN for SE5. Wonder where they'll go next. Both Afrika and Italia seem to cover the more "exotic" parts of the German/Italian scenarios of WW2. Wonder if they'll head to Asia or stick around Europe for a while longer...
The Asia-Pacific theatre of operations, with the Imperial Japanese Army as the main enemy, is very promising...

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hoh shit. Sniper Elite VR!

I really really hope it's not just a snap to location sniper gallery shooter.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
VR would be an incredible fit for the series.

I like scopes in VR. You get the Silent Scope arcade experience for free by default. Also will be an increased challenge to have steady aim.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's only logical that the next game be set in the Pacific. With that side of the war always underutilized in gaming. I definitely want it.

Oct 27, 2017
I love this series and I am excited for the next one. SE VR sounds cool and will be one of the first games I get when I buy a VR headset.