• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but they would need to change a few things

Starting with « Commander Zod » right there if they don't want Warner to sue :p which would mean rerendering parts of the game and redoing text/voice overs.

Or DC will play along and let them have their various references :p

I met de Bitmap Brothers during a Paris videogames show back in 1991 a few months before Magic Pockets dropped. I play tested the ST version and those guys were lots of fun and accomodated by broken french tainted english with their english tainted french
:0 I don't know why would they need to do that. Can you explain it to me, please?

I played Z when I was like 8 and I didn't know a single ounce of English.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Speedball 2 was legit and a new game could still work.
Chaos engine was alright, very polished and with some delicious pixel art but ultimately rather ordinary: no idea what the IP could add to a new game done in that style.

Some of the other titles they were famous for were greatly overrated, as was the case with many Amiga games with pretty graphics and lots of polish (hello Team 17!)

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
We already have these releases
store.steampowered.com

Save 80% on The Chaos Engine on Steam

Prepare for the dark world of The Chaos Engine, a steampunk Victorian age in which one or two players must fight the hostile creations of the Chaos Engine across four dynamic landscapes and take part in the ultimate battle.Choose from six hard-nailed mercenaries each with their own unique...
store.steampowered.com

Z on Steam

“Z”, the classic Real Time Strategy Game by the Bitmap Brothers. Fans of this classic strategy title are in for a real treat. Everything is in here from the terrific comedy cut scenes to the frantic game play making this is the definitive version of Z.

Cadaver next, i hope!

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I'm fine with a Remake of Z, Chaos Engine and Speedball 2 ;) not holding my breath though for any good new version.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
A Christian Whitehead esque version of Speedball 2 with high frame rate + expanded field of view would be special :D

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love a collection of proper Amiga ports with a music player.

The version of Speedball 2 that was released on PS3 (was it a "Mini" or whatever they were called?) was awful.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Are Rebellion and Sumo in a race to add the most UK studios to their arsenal to the amazement of Era who mostly don't play games made by either studio and amazed they're still in business?
I'm not going to post the gif, because I can't be arsed, but this genuinely gave me a sensible chuckle.
Well done.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bring back Cadaver. A puzzle rpg dungeon crawler

Cadaver_screenshot.png

Jun 7, 2018
I can still remember a review of Speedball 2 back in my Amiga days and the reviewer said something along the lines of "..............and someone shouting out "ice cream" as a joke." I was genuinely surprised that it didn't occur to them that it was actually supposed to be a vendor selling ice creams to the crowd!

I remember reading this review and thinking the same thing! Cheers for the nostalgia bomb :)

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
I am hoping that Rebellion would do their own remaster of Speedball 2, because the one we got wasn't really up to par. Which is a shame. And man, a new Z: Steel Soldiers with awesome graphics and the same amount of comedy would be great.

The Chaos Engine with the Unreal Engine, one can dream. ^_^

And V_Ben, I hope Rebellion does the Bitmap Brothers proud.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of Rebellion but I'll believe them making new games with these IPs when I see it, theyve owned 2000AD for years and have wasted the potential of that with only making one console Judge Dredd game.

And Rogue Trooper, don't forget that!

(And there were a few internal experiments and demos that never quite got off the ground, would be interesting to see if they were ever revisited)

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Make a collection and put it on the Switch.

Their Z may be the hardest game I ever played that isn´t a simulation and a grand strategy game.
1482853172-2910653291.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
that´s just a "version" of John Carpenters Assault on Precinct theme :D

Beat me to it. A while back I heard Dance With The Dead's remix of this and it was driving me fucking mental trying to remember where I'd heard it before because I know for a fact I've never seen the film.

On topic, The Bitmap Brothers were the first studio I can remember that had a very distinctive style. You could look at any one of their games and instantly know that it was a Bitmap Brothers creation.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They developed a remaster of Rogue Trooper not so long ago.
Its a 2000AD game but not Dredd, also it was a remaster of a 12 year old game. Rebellion hasn't made a new 2000AD/Dredd game in over a decade which is such a waste as theres so much potential with the IP, can you imagine how great a deus ex style Dredd game would be? or even an open world style game with you going around mega city 1 hunting down perps.

If Rebellion cant make games for the IPs they already have I doubt they will do much with the Bitmap games other than remasters of the original games.