• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
ishethougho5ks1.png

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
pretty amazing that since friday she never backed down. she really took them vocal lessons. i heard some songs here and there years after Friday. so its really good to see her progress.

but the Ark Music era was so good.

also the black dude popping in the video like a pedo .

Fat Usher always out of nowhere. Like why you driving to a kids party or hanging out in a stuffed animal at a sleepover? đź‘€

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe "old" wasn't the best way to put it, LMAO. A sense that I'm growing up, maybe? Something like that.
I know that feel, but you'll know when you get old. You'll work-out and the following morning you'll have trouble getting out of bed, you'll think "what the hell?". You'll do that thing that always worked in the past, you'll lay flat for a minute in bed and try again, your back will be like "nope!" and it'll get better but never be 100% again, and eventually you'll get used to it and feel youthful again. That is, until a work injury occurs and they give you the good shit at the hospital, suddenly your back feels like it did 10 years ago, and then you'll know. You live with chronic back pain, you're old.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Song's not for me but serious props for her to put the work in over 10 years and improve the way she did.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I'm glad she was able to carve out an actual music career after what happened with "Friday". It's not easy for a kid to deal with bullying and you factor in it's the whole fucking internet laughing at you. It can be savage for a kid's psyche and it's never ever deserved. So kudos to her for still standing strong. And, yeah, she's a good singer now.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I *still* fucking hum "it's friday, friiday! Gotta get down on friday! Partying partying yeah!" on most fridays, 10 years later. Even though I hate that stupid song. That is the power of Rebecca black's hook.

I for one welcome my queen back.

red_shift_ltd

May 24, 2019
US
I was exposed to this last year by Decoder Ring because I'm not in the culture :) It's such a catchy hook

https://slate.com/podcasts/decoder-...ks-friday-ark-music-factory-viral-youtube-pop

"
Decoder Ring is a podcast about cracking cultural mysteries. Every episode, host Willa Paskin takes on a cultural question, object, idea, or habit and speaks with experts, historians, and obsessives to try and figure out where it comes from, what it means, and why it matters.

Rebecca Black's music video for "Friday" was YouTube's most-watched video of 2011, thrusting the 13-year-old Rebecca into a very harsh spotlight. Dubbed "The Worst Music Video Ever Made," "Friday" was an almost universal object of derision. Produced by a boutique record label called Ark Music Factory, "Friday" almost seemed like cheating—it looked like a rich kid buying her way into stardom, but the truth is much more complicated than that. You'll hear from Rebecca Black herself, as well as Patrice Wilson of Ark Music Factory, Nate Sloan of the Switched on Pop podcast, Slate's music critic Carl Wilson, and more. This is the story of how "Friday" came to be, and how nearly a decade after it went viral, it sounds so different than it did back then.

"

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Showbiz is littered with rich kids and it's only getting worse.

Lana Del Ray and Taylor Swift would be the other side of the Rebecca Black coin.

Their folks paid for their careers to launch and they found an audience.

The rest is history.

Go Google 'Chilly Tee' to see how a very rich kid switched a middling rap career into something very different.....
oh yeah, a tale as old as time.

Aren't Jake G and Gosling cases of having parents with a hookup? And those are my two favorites actors lol