• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Reasons why you did not get a PS5 pre-order

• I could not get one, even though I would love :(

Votes: 473 27.4%
  • Launch titles not worth it

Votes: 679 39.3%
  • Waiting for price drop

Votes: 361 20.9%
  • Waiting for hardware revision

Votes: 327 18.9%
  • I will go with Xbox instead

Votes: 368 21.3%
  • I am a PC gamer

Votes: 431 25.0%

• Total voters
Sep 23, 2018
1. Current available expendable income.
2. Ridiculous backlog spread across PS4 and multiple sealed / new Vita games.
3. I've only had my Pro for three years + some change and apart from the turbo extra loud room-heater of a fan, I suspect I'll get a lot of use out of it for the next year to 18 months.
4. Miles Morales, Cyberpunk, Telling Lies, THPS1+2, (RE8? , FFVIIR part Deux? FFXVI?) are all games I have or will buy for PS4.

Edit:

I voted for revision, but realistically I'll probably buy the DiscDrive one next April/May.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
will trade in my PS4, two remotes, and animal crossing for like £240 pounds in store.

i want the PS5, Demons Souls, Miles, and the 3d headset so thats quite a bit out of my account, got to soften the blow somehow. Plus no need for a PS4 anymore really is there

TRios Zen

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I don't have the time to support two systems at launch and since I'm pretty much married to Gears, I'll get a Series X first. That being said I will of course eventually pick up a PS5, and a smaller revision would accelerate that decision.

Oct 30, 2017
I never buy a new console until a game comes out that I must play. Once that happens, whatever game it is, I will get a PS5 maybe a month before that game releases

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I can play Spiderman: MM without an upgrade. I'll be upgrading my PC and maybe trying GamePass.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want to wait for a new model or color. I hate white stuff. I like it as an option but not for it to be the only option. White stuff always, always gets ruined even if you treat it like a baby.

Also, I have learned my lesson about buying launch consoles. I bought my PS4 during the first year, didn't play it too much until games I wanted came out, then switched to a Slim when it came out then upgraded to a Pro after that. If I had just been patient, I would have saved a lot of money along the way.

So I'll buy exclusives that I want to play but aren't enough to motivate me to buy one, and then when big titles that I love like KH or FF release, then I'll pick the console up and play.

I'd rather get through my PS4 and PS3 backlog first.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Eh the only launch game I wanna play is Demon's Souls, and I've played that many times over already so...

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Nothing I want at launch that "I can't get on PS4. If I can get on XBox Access I may get a Series X though. I have a big, digital backlog on the Xbox.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
No games, and I'd rather get a slim or pro in two years. Since I have a PC for multiplats, consoles are about exclusives to me, and the PS4 seems like it'll be getting most of the PS5's for the time being.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Why preorder? I'm can wait resupplies an buy one when the craze is over. That will leave some time to see if the launch units are faulty, too.

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
If it doesn't go up for sale through Costco I unfortunately won't be picking one up yet. I think it will just not as a preorder.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Too much of a hassle to try and secure one at launch. I'll just wait until next spring like I did with PS4 after it's launch, and luckily for me, the two games I was most interested in are coming out in some form on PS4 (Miles Morales and the Vergil DLC for DMC5)

Oct 27, 2017
Overslept. But I had a really good sleep so I don't feel bad about it.
Currently have an Amazon alert for when it comes back in stock.

If i also miss the Xbox Series X preorders then i'll be in trouble.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I only really use portables these days, but if I did want a home console, I wouldn't buy at launch, let alone pre-order. Why pay the most it'll ever be for the worst quality hardware and smallest range of games it will ever have? A bit of patience pays dividends.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
-$500 is a lot and the disc-less version is useless for me. I'm not big on high end graphics and realistic ones put me off. I'm still using a 720p tv too.
-None of the launch window exclusive games appeal to me outside of Ratchet & Clank.
-Playstation's backward compatability is lacking compared to Xbox. I have a large stack of PS2, PS3 & 360 games in my backlog. Only one system will let me play some of them.
-A number of cool looking titles like Kena: Bridge of Spirits will be on the PS4 as well.
-A lack of Japanese developed games, especially from Sony, that I'm into. I'm not big on the Souls games and Ghostwire Tokyo is a wait and see.
-Gamepass for Xbox looks cool. This combined with the Yakuza series appearing to be day and date on the Xbox, makes switching to an Xbox this gen (or buying one first) much more appealing. I don't see myself buying either until they go down in price though.
-I'll wait to get one when a few cool looking exclusive Japanese games show up. Maybe when Final Fantasy 16 comes out, but I expect a number of Switch ports of non AAA games (unless the Switch Pro is real? IDK).
-$70 games, luckily Sony titles usually get discounted pretty quickly.
-The PS5 Plus Collection might be a selling point to some people, but I won't subscribe to Plus and I own all the games on the list that I have any interest in.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Zero interest in the launch titles, prices on games and hardware way too high, an by the time that stuffs sorted out they'll prolly be a Slim version ready ta roll.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Gaming is just not a sustainable hobby for me anymore. Im also saving money money right now for more lucrative things.

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Because I hold a grudge against Sony for mercilessly killing the Dreamcast.

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE NOR FORGET.

Sep 22, 2019
None of the launch titles justify getting one on release, that and I have a massive backlog of games that I actually want to play so there is no reason to rush into getting into next gen just yet.

vix

Nov 18, 2017
I don't like getting a console at launch. Might wait till next year. I also need to get through my backlog a bit more.

Feb 5, 2018
Realistically, not having enough launch titles (FF16 and GoW 2 are things I want, though these are understandable), way too many titles are cross gen (Horizon 2, Cyberpunk, etc) and personally can wait to play R+C and Demon's Souls, considering my backlog.

Also, Nintendo is fucking killing it with MH Rise, Stories 2, SMT V, Pikmin 3, SM3DW and likely BoTW 2 coming out in the next year.

I can frankly just wait until something pushes me over the edge to wanting it.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
I found one a few hours after the madness started, but I let it go. Not time yet..

MAN-OF-STEEL-CHANGES-Death-of-Pa-Kent.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
  • Ps4 still feels like it has a ton of legs left (As evidenced with things like miles morales and hzd now being cross gen)
  • Not seeing a ton (or any) innovation on a system level compared to jumping from ps3 to ps4 (share button, touch digital downloads/preloading, standby/suspend mode etc)
  • Felt like a bit of a slap in the face being an earlier adopter for the ps4 only for them to trot out some kind of mid generation upgrade with the Pro.
  • Would like to see more services with emphasis on consumer value. Something that would rival Gamepass at the very least.
I'm remarkably surprised how I unhyped I am for it all things considered. I didn't hate the last showcase and I wouldn't even call it disappointing. It all felt kind of meh. Nothing about it really moved me.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
The games are just too damn expensive, the console price is already a bit more than I wanted to spend (wanted the disc version.) But the games being £70? That's a big no from me dawg.

Also I'm really not liking how Sony have approached this and that Microsoft have made some great pro consumer moves. If there was a Sony gamepass with new titles on there Is be there day one. As it stands I'll wait for God of War and see how I feel after that.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Need to prioritize my PC upgrade first since Demon Souls is the only launch title I'm interested in.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Currently too expensive for my budget, it's equivalent of 680 dollars for the disk version in my country.

If it had a similar program to Xbox's all access i would've tried pre-ordering. Demon's Souls looks neat and im a fan of the Souls series.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for gamestop's payment plan (not the four installments).

need demons souls and miles plus my ps4 library