• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Uh

image-asset.png

Am I reading this right? Creepy Uncle Joe's support is higher among black WOMEN than black men? And Warren's is LOWER? What the fuck?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden isn't going to be tied with a VP that wants to electrocute all gays....or put minority kids in cages.
right, instead he thinks the people putting children in concentration camps are gonna magically come to their senses and become nice people and work with him once he's in the oval office, in spite of how the last three quarters of his tenure as VP actually worked out

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that THIS time having nothing to offer except shaming people into voting for the democratic party candidate will work out

It's pretty sad how this does look like it could be the case - another ancient, desperate political game-player on the edge of irrelevance just telling us to shut up and vote for them so we don't get Trump despite having nothing to offer.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn it. Bernie dropping out and coalescing behind Warren is the right thing to do for the country. Otherwise, they stay in, split the vote, and Biden gets the nom. And fuck Joe Biden.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
As someone who would vote for a corpse over Trump and has always been content enough voting for candidates I don't outright love, it sure would be nice if we abolished the electoral college. In New Jersey, spending 5 minutes canvassing for my local rep is more beneficial than 5 weeks of canvassing for Biden in my own state (assuming Biden wins the primary).

Agreed.

Deleted member 18324

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It better or we're stuck with Trump. They had their choice and everyone will face the consequences, again, because they're too arrogant to participate in the system people died for to give them that right to choose their leaders.
No see I was being sarcastic, having nothing to offer except shaming and scolding voters about how you're owed their vote because the other guy is so much worse is why you keep losing

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who would vote for a corpse over Trump and has always been content enough voting for candidates I don't outright love, it sure would be nice if we abolished the electoral college. In New Jersey, spending 5 minutes canvassing for my local rep is more beneficial than 5 weeks of canvassing for Biden in my own state (assuming Biden wins the primary).
Exactly.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
God damn it. Bernie dropping out and coalescing behind Warren is the right thing to do for the country. Otherwise, they stay in, split the vote, and Biden gets the nom. And fuck Joe Biden.
What happens if Biden wins most states with like 30% but Warren gets ~29% and Sanders gets ~27%. We're still stuck with Biden or a contested convention or what.

Nov 1, 2017
Am I reading this right? Creepy Uncle Joe's support is higher among black WOMEN than black men? And Warren's is LOWER? What the fuck?
That part is just for who they are considering. Later in the study it shows some of the ways that Biden is currently ahead by black voters and yeah he has more support among black women. However, if nearly the same amount of black people are considering Warren, even if she's not currently their top pick, I'm not sure what exactly all this real world talk is supposed to mean.

CharlesAznable shared the link to it on page 1.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
any friend of Corn Pop is a friend of mine

If Joe Biden is the nominee, he isn't owed our votes. He has to earn them. The idea that we should show up to the polls and robotically vote for whatever shambling ghoul that emerges from the Democratic primary is fucking misguided.

nah fuck trump, i dont care if biden literally shits himself at the podium, i will vote for him for the same exact reason i voted for hillary

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
God damn it. Warren dropping out and coalescing behind Bernie is the right thing to do for the country. Otherwise, they stay in, split the vote, and Biden gets the nom. And fuck Joe Biden.

Just wanted to balance this out.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
This was me once upon a time. After 2016? Never again.

Yeah, I have had my eyes opened to a lot of shit that was going on with my white ass oblivious to it all during these last few years, starting with the Micheal Brown shooting actually.

I don't dream of going back to a time where I don't have ot think about hard shit people go through every day, and I certainly don't have the delusion to think working within the system will help the most people.

The impending climate apocalypse and rise of the extreme right needs to be tackled head on, the timidness of the current establishment has already been slowing us for DECADES on BASIC civil rights questions, this system is not good enough for the upcoming challenges.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
God damn it. Warren dropping out and coalescing behind Bernie is the right thing to do for the country. Otherwise, they stay in, split the vote, and Biden gets the nom. And fuck Joe Biden.

Just wanted to balance this out.

Warren's better at building coalitions than he is.

The impending climate apocalypse and rise of the extreme right needs to be tackled head on, the timidness of the current establishment has already been slowing us for DECADES on BASIC civil rights questions, this system is not good enough for the upcoming challenges.

That's just the system. President Sanders won't do anything massive, either.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Framing Biden as a savior for those people is laughable.

These groups are all still fucked under neoliberal fucks like Biden. Hell, you almost had a TERF president with Hilary under the banner of "progress".

But liberals in the US clap everytime they see a rainbow anti-homeless rock like this, so I don't think there is much hope for them.

920x920.jpg
This kind of idiocy in 2020 is going to lead for a conservative supreme court for 30+ years, the repeal of Obergefell v. Hodges and Roe v. Wade.

Not saying things are or will be great for those groups under Biden, but this is outright lunacy.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
If you pay attention to the news Biden looks like he's on the verge of dementia. Though I can set how the general populace can identify with that🤙🏽

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
If there was ever one post I hope people consider, it's this one.
Okay but again, until the point where he's the nominee we do need to at least try to shift the electorate in the right direction and advocate for more progressive candidates. And hell, even when he is it doesn't mean we just stop trying to move the needle.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happens if Biden wins most states with like 30% but Warren gets ~29% and Sanders gets ~27%. We're still stuck with Biden or a contested convention or what.
I honestly have no idea. They combine delegates? I think a contested convention is bound to be a really ugly situation that has a good chance of souring the general for the Dems.

Warren's better at building coalitions than he is.
Yep, Sanders's unfavorables are dangerously high as well.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
This kind of idiocy in 2020 is going to lead for a conservative supreme court for 30+ years, the repeal of Obergefell v. Hodges and Roe v. Wade.

Not saying things are or will be great for those groups under Biden, but this is outright lunacy.

Yes, sidestep the core of my argument and act like people asking for a better future are "lunatics".

You already have a GOP nightmare land, stop acting like leftists are going to lead to 30 years of darkness or whatever.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
One of the most collectively insulting things always parroted on these forums is that black people are uninformed or low information voters for their support of "X candidate that I don't like."
While conveniently ignoring that less than 10% of black voters went to trump lol

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Yes, sidestep the core of my argument and act like people asking for a better future are "lunatics".

Stop framing Democrats as though they don't want a better future, that's not exclusive to leftists. The other factions simply disagree on how to get there because doing the right thing has a shitty record of achievement in politics by itself. If that was all it took we'd have President Bernie, not Donald Trump.

You already have a GOP nightmare land, stop acting like leftist s are to blame for it either.

They are when they don't vote for Democrats when we need them too.

Oct 28, 2017
The issue is Biden is a fucking terrible campaigner and debater and supports some things that even independents/moderate republicans disagree with (legalization of marijuana for one)

And yet he is still the frontrunner which means he speaks to something that resonates with people.

Okay but again, until the point where he's the nominee we do need to at least try to shift the electorate in the right direction and advocate for more progressive candidates. And hell, even when he is it doesn't mean we just stop trying to move the needle.

To be honest, I'm not sure I am personally ready for a shift from Trump's buffoonery to a very progressive candidate.