• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

That dough?

• Of course.

Votes: 381 67.7%
  • Never. I'm a good boy.

Votes: 182 32.3%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Look, I know you're not supposed to but we all do it, right?

In high school, I once walked to the grocery store and ate a small thing of raw cookie dough for lunch.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
No. Though several brands make dough you're 'supposed to' or at least are fine eating raw.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Anyone who says no is a liar

EDIT: Bunch of liars on ERA tonight, I see

Last edited:

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
DescriptiveBronzeIbis-size_restricted.gif

If Rocky does it I get to do it.

edit:

My wife puts raw egg in it so I don't. I came so close to eating it before she warned me.

username checks out, I see your grift.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
they made an icecream out of it for a reason.

That being said I absolutely loved it inn my teens but as I got older i found it being something i wanted less and less (even though I still enjoy it once in a blue moon)

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hell yes OP. If I die from it, that's just a bonus
Raw>>>cooked for chocolate chip cookies
Brandy snaps are far better cooked tho

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of salmonella or the taste. Not judging any that like the taste, though.

(Edit: To clarify, I've had it before, and didn't like it. I generally find chocolate chip cookies to be low tier cookies in general, though. Give me a soft peanut butter cookie any day of the week instead.)

El Beefo

May 9, 2018
Fun fact, the danger of eating raw cookie dough is mostly from the raw flour, not the egg. You can make mostly safe raw cookie dough by lightly baking the flour on a cookie sheet first to kill any mold or bacteria in it.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I have, but its been a long time.

I don't have an issue with the raw eggs though. I mean, I drink sours pretty regularly where you shake an egg white into it.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If you wanna eat raw cookie dough by itself or with icecream replace the egg with apple sauce, it tastes the same and you can still bake them.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Yes, which is why I never keep it in the house. Ice cream with cookie dough mixed in though? Now that's the good shit.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy cookie dough very often but If I have some I'm always guilty of eating some of it raw.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely, especially now that Pillsbury has a sub brand of a cookie dough that's made for eating raw.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
It's delicious, but I'll only eat it if it's in a form intended to be eaten raw. Salmonella risk from raw egg isn't ultra-high but it's not especially low either, and raw flour can contain a wide variety of things that you don't want in your digestive system.

Jun 14, 2019
If it's meant to be cooked, I'm not eating it raw.

And from what I remember from my younger days, raw cookie dough doesn't even taste good.

And also, for that matter, I can't even recall the last time I've even been near it.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I will eat cookie dough made for consumption when raw. I'm not a dumbass eating dough that could make me extremely sick though.

Axis

Dec 9, 2017
I've eaten it occasionally, but it's been a while. I do have a pint of Ben and jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough in the freezer right now.

I think it's calling my name and I'm going to answer it.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Used too until one day I got a stomach ache so bad I thought I had a chestburster from Alien inside of me.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
No, although not because I'm worried about salmonella (the odds of getting food poisoning from uncooked eggs is miniscule). I just don't like the texture. Gritty and...well, raw.

Bake it gently, though. I like a nice soft cookie that's barely cooked in the middle.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Cookie dough is fucking delicious. Probably wouldn't eat it straight up though. I'll easily down a pint of Ben & Jerry's though just for the fat cookie dough chunks.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I still live with my parents and my mom would probably tell me not to if she saw me doing this.