• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Bloodborne the GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 696 19.9%
  • No

Votes: 2,805 80.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
Subjective stuff and all, but I don´t even see it as the best PS4 game, enjoyed Persona 5, 13 Sentinels and the Last of Us part 2 (still have not finished it lol) way more.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Not with this frame rate. Am I doing this right?
Actually it may be one of the best single entry games ever.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess those games didn't make it to enough lists, coz that's how wikipedia put theirs together
Yeah, I think a lot of GoAT list tend to mix historical impact with a game literally standing the test of time and always being on top despite things around it evolving or improving.

Like a basic example would be smb1 vs smb3

venom slime

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
It's in the conversation for one of the best of all time, sure, just like a bunch of other games. I would not put it above Dark Souls for example, but I think that just says a lot about how incredibly talented From is. And, yeah, there is no right answer to that question anyway. I have a hard time choosing my personal favorites most of the times, let alone telling you what game is the absolute best. No such thing.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's not even the best Soulsborne game imo.

Also: 30FPS with framepacing issues, story and characters aren't anything to write home about, multiplayer isn't even the best in the series, and the game's last third is worse than the first 2 thirds (And that's a problem with pretty much all Souls games).

I realize that everyone has their own qualifications of what makes a game the best ever, but if I'm looking it as the whole package, I just don't see it.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
It has a worse second half than Dark Souls, the performance limitations suck, multiplayer may as well not exist because it's that broken, and it's noticeably easier than the other Souls games.
Old Hunters could be in the running for best DLC pack ever ththo

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
When it first came out I was disappointed. I wanted it to be more like Darksouls, but since then I've really come to love it. To bad playing it on PS4 is nauseating for the first 30 minutes or so.

It needs an update badly and would be higher on my list if it had a framepacing patch or God willing a PC port.

Best game of all time nah, but it's pretty great even with the downsides.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time nabbing the platinum.

I would not give it that merit. But certainly one of the most engaging games on the PS4.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
It certainly is the best From game and probably the best Sony game alongside TLOU.
Now if we go further it has to compete with the likes of Snake Eater and Pokémon HGSS for the title of undisputed GOAT but it is very much in the running.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I bought a PS4 to play it. Was incredibly disappointed. I love the dark souls games. Hate the gameplay of Bloodborne. I like to turtle, just couldn't get into the fast paced style.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
It's the only 'Souls' game I have finished and really loved. I wish I could get into the others! It's probably in my top 10

Something about it is different enough that makes me go from the 'eh' feeling I have with other Souls' games to this is one of the best ever. Honestly don't know what it is. Maybe pace? It's odd

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think a lot of GoAT list tend to mix historical impact with a game literally standing the test of time and always being on top despite things around it evolving or improving.

Like a basic example would be smb1 vs smb3
yeah that is a good point, I think a lot of those games' influences are taken into account, which should be the case because if a video game has been largely influential then it is certainly saying something about that game. the Souls series, for example
how can that list be right? Tlou2 isn't listed
it hasn't been out long enough

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have several games by From soft that I consider better, so not at all.

However you will never find a best game ever, so it's weird any time anyone asks this question about any game.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
It's great but has way too many technical issues and some pretty frustrating boss encounters.

It's also not even the best FROM game (that would be Dark Souls).

Still probably a top 10 game for me for what it's worth.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Not even close.

Edit: It's not even that great of a game in general, honestly. Incredibly overblown, especially here.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Not for my tastes but certainly for a lot of Era. The fact that the ratio is as high as it is for Bloodborne on Era speaks for itself. Not sure any other game would get as high on here

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
I mean it's an awesome game and for me one of the best of all time but I'm not sure if I can pick any one game as best of all time. I used to think that about Super Mario 64 when it first came out. At the time it probably was but some people don't like platforming games and would not agree. Bloodborne for me is absolutely incredible and I'd love to see a follow-up every year just like with Call of Duty, that is how much I love that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.