• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Bloodborne the GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 696 19.9%
  • No

Votes: 2,805 80.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NazzyQ

Apr 6, 2018
Nah- not for me. The level design is largely unremarkable for me- I can vividly remember all the areas in Dark Souls, but I would struggle to do so for Bloodborne. Sekrio is far superior to it in terms of pure action.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
I've tried multiple times and I just don't get the modern From games. They seem like well-made, beautiful games, but after a couple days on each of them, I'm just.... bored? I keep pushing myself to beat more bosses, get more weapons, progress further, and I'm still uninterested. But I'm glad so many people love them; this age in gaming must be amazing for them.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I like souls more, this has better movement but i like the customization/play styles options of souls more.

Also i prefer the dark fantasy, over teh creepy lovecraftian stuff of BB

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne fans..

Like I hope you never get a upgrade to the first game. Also Never a sequel. I hope the developers behind it switch to making Telltale style games so I can enjoy seeing the reaction.

The Co-Developer was already turned into a Mascot Platformer studio so the current timeline is plenty grim already.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
It's my #2 behind Dark Souls. I think if I were able to play it at 4k60 with proper frame pacing and no chromatic aberration it could become my #1.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Once it's 60fps with Antialiasing and good Framepacing it will be.

Right now it's a great game hampered down by tech. Like the original Shadow of the Colossus.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
So I have a question for people who've played Bloodborne. It of course nails Victorian Gothic horror beautifully. In one of the areas, I saw Witches. And they were doing this weird creepy dance that somehow felt very familiar. Like I'd seen that before in other media. But I can't place it. Anyone got any idea?

Last edited:

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i'm gonna try it as soon as the remaster is out and it better blow me away with all the hype it's been getting around here. don't think it will top my personal greatest game of all time resident evil 4 though because nothing can

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Personally? Not even the best From Soft game. Different strokes tho.

Hammertime

Dec 6, 2020
With threads like these the people who agree with you will rarely post, but the people who didn't like the game will let their opinions be known.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
It sure is the best Souls/Soulslike game EVER made.

Or at least if you don't include Sekiro into this genre.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
It deserves a place in the discussion for sure, but I'm not sure it deserves number 1.

I wouldn't argue with anyone who thought it was the best of last gen though.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
It's an incredible game, and far and away the best thing From has ever done. Best ever, though? I don't know. It ranks among the best for me, but I think it has too many little flaws and things that appear to have been rushed and corners cut to be counted as the best ever.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Only if you're under the age of 21, in which case it's usually Bloodborne, Witcher 3 or *shudders* Skyrim.

For me stuff like Silent Hill 2 or Symphony of the Night are on another level of existence, but that's the era I grew up with so I'm biased.

Leclair

May 3, 2021
Denmark
This is so dumb(not calling OP dumb) for a poll. If you make hundreds of people vote yes or no on just one game being GOAT, of cause you going to end up with a huge majority saying no. Even if most people love Bloodborne, it's never going to "win" such a poll.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Nah, it's good though. In its current form, it's damn near unplayable for me. The jittering and frame pacing doesn't sit well with me. It makes me feel dizzy now. I was glad I finished it when I did because I can't play it.

If it's your GOAT, that's cool, but these types of polls are more personal than anything else. I think they are a waste of time.

BigDaddyCool

Nov 29, 2020
There is no such thing as "best game ever made". You can't bestow that title to one, single game. There are too many great titles out there, and they all have different strengths. I'd say there's a tier of games that have a case for being in the greatest of all time discussion, but multiple games populate that tier, not just one.

Is there a greatest song of all time? Film? Book? No… Same applies to games.

If there was a sole "greatest game of all time", it certainly wouldn't be Bloodborne, though.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
It's up there for me, but I don't think its something that can really be quantified or objectively measured.

60 FPS would probably put it in my Top 3 though.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
No. The Last of Us Part II is. Its not even my favourite game but when you combine story, gameplay, graphics, etc, its just the peak right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.