• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the Xbox logo rotates?

1280x720.jpg

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
I think this design is meant to fit anyone's aesthetic needs. At 45 years old with an amazing finished basement, this is way more in line with my tastes. Will sit anywhere really without being gaudy or distracting. My PS5 however, I have not figured out what to do with yet. I could put it next to the fish tank? Behind it maybe? Hopefully they at least have a black version at some point.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks fantastic vertically, but like an abomination horizontally. It's kind of funny how much of a difference it makes to my eyes. Might feel differently in person, but right now I'm making some room to have mine stand vertically next to my TV!

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks fantastic vertically, but like an abomination horizontally. It's kind of funny how much of a difference it makes to my eyes. Might feel differently in person, but right now I'm making some room to have mine stand vertically next to my TV!
It seems like that's going to be an issue for all next gen consoles. XSX looks terrible horizontal, PS5DE looks bad sideways too, whereas PS5 standard looks kind of shit upright but the disc drive balances the look of it when it's horizontal.

HgS

Dec 13, 2019

That's what I'm doing as well. Really don't want to put it on my tv stand cause it's so nice vertical and so bad otherwise.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
As much hate the PS5 got for its design at least Sony took the chance to create something meaningfull where artists actually took the time to create something fresh and exciting. I don't understand how anyone can look at the Xbox Series X and think; ''That is one sexy looking machine!'' - Of course, it is the games that matter and not the box in the long run, but the eyes want something beautiful to look at as well.
It's clean and simple, which makes it look nice. Sure, Sony "took the chance to create something meaningful" (LOL!), but when it comes across as something that would fit right at home under the "gamer gear" department of an electronics store, why even bother?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
It's clean and simple, which makes it look nice. Sure, Sony "took the chance to create something meaningful" (LOL!), but when it comes across as something that would fit right at home under the "gamer gear" department of an electronics store, why even bother?
Dunno, at least it's reconizable which should be the whole point of a console design.

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1280x720.jpg

Is the button on the bottom the power button?

edit: wanted the picture and the quote didn't show the picture.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
I dunno. Seeing it in real life from all sides pretty much just confirms -- it's a black PC tower. A fairly attractive one, but still, just a PC tower.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
U rather have a cheap inexpensive colored plastic rather than rgb light? Lol OK u do u man but there is industry revolving around rgb and led for aesthetic reasons.

I would personally rather have anything there than an LED that lights up my room Xbox green ™

Fine with leaving coloured light up hardware options to the PC streamer market rather than something I'm gonna have in my living room.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I would personally rather have anything there than an LED that lights up my room Xbox green ™

Fine with leaving coloured light up hardware options to the PC streamer market rather than something I'm gonna have in my living room.
I m the exact opposite even I went and bought led stand for ps3 and x360 to make them light up haha.

Different stroke for different folks i guess

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
I thought this was a joke post. It took me a minute to realize I wasn't looking at a photo of a furnace or filing cabinet. Probably not a good look when it resembles the type of thing that you hide in the back of your basement or closet.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Oh damn . This is a bit unfortunate. I m sure many people will keep it vertical . Horizontal is just a no no for me for this design .

I think its small size makes it an okay prospect to put on its side.
Its literally as tall and as deep as a controller is wide when horizontal.
5e6f91e8c4854014c0758403

Hmmmm, sounds like the bottom will be more dustier than I thought, since the air flow is sucking all the dusts on the surface in. If the gaps are thin enough, it might be ok?

The back seems to have about the same amount of intake than the bottom....maybe even a little bit more.
But yeah if you have a dusty desk or whatever, might need to figure some shit out.

Do your other consoles have the same issue?

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Except when it's turned off and dust just floats on down through the grill, right?

And the next time you turn it on, any settled dust will blow out. It's a good design.

Xbox One and the later releases of Xbox 360 all had vents facing upwards with the fan blowing up, and it worked out well.

If anything, the consoles I hear about having dust issues and needing to be vacuumed are the various Playstations over the years.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like it goes with the minimalist design most TVs are going. It's super gorgeous.

Not like a thing you have to be embarrassed about standing in your living room, when guests come over.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017

Preach!

I hope Xbox button can be dimmed or turned off completely via dashboard setting. Current one is way too bright on both console and controller.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think its small size makes it an okay prospect to put on its side.
Its literally as tall and as deep as a controller is wide when horizontal.
5e6f91e8c4854014c0758403

The back seems to have about the same amount of intake than the bottom....maybe even a little bit more.
But yeah if you have a dusty desk or whatever, might need to figure some shit out.

I m not talking about size. the design make it a no no for me in horizontal position. Very aesthetically unpleasing for me personally .

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Its a square so its as deep as it is wide.
The console is a controller wide/deep when vertical.
So get your Xbox One controller.....thats how wide it is, stand your controller on its side....thats how tall it is when its on its horizontal.

5e6f91e8c4854014c0758403
Good stuff, thank you. Looks like I'll be fine. Console is so ugly though, haha. Though I don't care as long as the games are good.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Im gonna have to basically redesign my entertainment setup around these weird ass consoles. With switch's odd form factor as well its gonna be very a inefficient use of space

Coztoomba

Oct 28, 2017
I think this design is meant to fit anyone's aesthetic needs. At 45 years old with an amazing finished basement, this is way more in line with my tastes. Will sit anywhere really without being gaudy or distracting. My PS5 however, I have not figured out what to do with yet. I could put it next to the fish tank? Behind it maybe? Hopefully they at least have a black version at some point.

Yep. I've decided Xbox at launch. I don't need a PS5 until the next GOW comes out. I'm hoping by then there is either a black version or a nice themed special edition version I like.

Also for the people who find that wall of black a bit much I'm sure Dbrand or the like will be all over this thing.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I only own a Switch and a gaming PC. Switch is always played in handheld mode, or is clamped to a gooseneck holder that I wrap around my neck with.

As for the PC, I have an external graphics card bay attached, and it's getting all these tiny spiders in there... I don't know what to do, because I live next to a state park.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I only own a Switch and a gaming PC. Switch is always played in handheld mode, or is clamped to a gooseneck holder that I wrap around my neck with.

As for the PC, I have an external graphics card bay attached, and it's getting all these tiny spiders in there... I don't know what to do, because I live next to a state park.

What the hell is wrong with you!

....here we are having a calm conversation about videogame consoles and you decide to put the image of tiny spiders climbing into PC components with little or nothing that can be done because you live next to a state park?

Get fucked, im out....i aint even gonna try giving you advice about how to confront those monsters.
Good luck!

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the reflectiveness in OP's pics, does that mean it's glossy? And if so, why? Think of the fingerprints.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The series x design is the Mona Lisa compared to the PS5. I'm waiting for the black edition before I get a PS5

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like that's going to be an issue for all next gen consoles. XSX looks terrible horizontal, PS5DE looks bad sideways too, whereas PS5 standard looks kind of shit upright but the disc drive balances the look of it when it's horizontal.

Ha! Seems we have the exact same opinion here. I'm totally planning to buy a PS5 standard and have it sit horizontal, and a Series X that stands vertical. Honestly, I kind of admire the bizarre PS5 design but am not a huge fan of the look myself either way. It feels like the slim versions will have an opportunity to look much better this gen, wheras outside of the regular Xbox One, I think all consoles looked good to great last gen.