• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced my cat thinks it's her solemn duty to tell me when to go to sleep every night. She's been taking to it quite a bit lately. And frankly I'm glad. Someone in this household needs to be responsible and it sure ain't gonna be me.

Consider yourself lucky - one of my two cats thinks it's her solemn duty to tell me when to get up every morning. During Winter, that's around 5:30am ...

On an unrelated note - Beat Saber is the best game of 2018.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could get past my distaste for the huge VR headset thing on PSVR. I like the idea of some of the games (Beat Saber, Tetris Effect and Astro Bot mainly) but really don't want to have to plonk that thing on my head each time.

whitehawk

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It is late, and i was feeling cute so here we are 💁‍♂️
cdye1Uj.jpg

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Consider yourself lucky - one of my two cats thinks it's her solemn duty to tell me when to get up every morning. During Winter, that's around 5:30am ...

On an unrelated note - Beat Saber is the best game of 2018.
Huh. I've never seen anyone spell AC:Odyssey that way.

I wish I could get past my distaste for the huge VR headset thing on PSVR. I like the idea of some of the games (Beat Saber, Tetris Effect and Astro Bot mainly) but really don't want to have to plonk that thing on my head each time.
That's where I'm currently at. I had some nausea with the technology at first but I've mostly gotten over that. I'm just way too lazy to wear a hat to play video games.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
it's really not that big / unwieldy. But i'd definitely never use it for prolonged gaming sessions ...
Sadly, even after 3 levels, Astro Bot hasn't quite clicked with me.
To me, VR is all about full body motion, and PSVR's tracking works flawlessly in my setup, so i really enjoyed SuperHot VR too.

Huh. I've never seen anyone spell AC:Odyssey that way.
It's so great, though - like, it's a dancing game that you absolutely don't get sick off - and it's even decent enough cardio. Like, i absolutely adore Obra Dinn right now, but on days where I've been mostly sedentary at work, playing a game that's physically demanding is such a nice change.

... also, don't worry, i platinumed Odyssey and had my Kassandra bone her way across the Aegean Sea.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Why is my city more cold with 10° celsious compared to other city that i visited in the past with easily -15°??
I'm at work and it's freezing over here...i just want to go home and turn on the air conditioner at 36° and just chill for a couple of hours...

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
My gf is going back to her home this friday. It's only 300 km away, but it's 300km apart.
Not looking forward to next weekend. :(

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Had the weirdest fucking dream last night. Was stuck in this weird apartment with strangers where God was present. We were asked to respect his wishes. We somehow rebeled and in doing so we were tortured in our own particular ways. And the form God took? Barack Obama but from the back. Never saw his face but basically his back turned to us. It was like a political Event Horizon.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Bonus of being single is not ever having to worry about this.

Con of being single is not ever having to worry about this.

Not sadpost, just realpost. It is kind of nice not having to worry about this ever.
Honestly, being single is a lot easier in so many ways. After my last break up I promised myself i'd stay single and just hook up with people as long as it made sense and not worry about relationships and responsibility and being hurt by people.
And then I met my current girlfriend...

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Had the weirdest fucking dream last night. Was stuck in this weird apartment with strangers where God was present. We were asked to respect his wishes. We somehow rebeled and in doing so we were tortured in our own particular ways. And the form God took? Barack Obama but from the back. Never saw his face but basically his back turned to us. It was like a political Event Horizon.
I'm fucking dead at Obama being your God. I'm just thinking of all these racist fucks having their heads explode at the sight of that.

I turned into a cross dresser in my dream. Was weird because I was getting hatemail for being gay but my girlfriend was this model from Mexico and she was pregnant with my child. I even got pissed off and tried to fight someone for saying I'm a bitch and the girlfriend was a coverup for what I was really into.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I need do turn it into a screenplay, send it to Jordan Peele so he can possibly turn it into a film satirizing the irrational fear over Barack.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
My gf is going back to her home this friday. It's only 300 km away, but it's 300km apart.

300km might as well be 1.000km - It's already the "can i make time to see you" / "only on (certain) weekends" distance.
Any plans on how to eventually shrink that gap, permanently? - Or is your relationship still too young to be having these kinds of conversations?

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
300km might as well be 1.000km - It's already the "can i make time to see you" / "only on (certain) weekends" distance.
Any plans on how to eventually shrink that gap, permanently? - Or is your relationship still too young to be having these kinds of conversations?
Yeah exactly, it's just far enough to where it's not a every weekend thing.
She's been looking for jobs in her area in my city. It's not entirely up to her, but she wants to move here before the end of the year.
when will you see her again?
In february i'm visiting her, so it's not a super long wait.
Can we hide behind snapchat filters?
Yes, give us your best cat whiskers selfie!

Oct 26, 2017
Why is my city more cold with 10° celsious compared to other city that i visited in the past with easily -15°??
I'm at work and it's freezing over here...i just want to go home and turn on the air conditioner at 36° and just chill for a couple of hours...
Lets change places.
Here in Sao Paulo it's around 33° C and I pretty much start melting when it's over 25° C. At least it's raining now.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Honestly, being single is a lot easier in so many ways. After my last break up I promised myself i'd stay single and just hook up with people as long as it made sense and not worry about relationships and responsibility and being hurt by people.
lol I remember when I'd used to make promises to stay single. It never lasted much more than a few months though.

I hope she gets to find a job soon and you two can be closer!

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

That's rough. Wife was from Japan so we were apart for a while while workin on immigration. The lazy rhythm of single-hood creeps back soooo fast.

Same after my divorce but then found myself sticking to another person pretty quickly.

The easiness of being single is the hardest part for me. When I'm single I have little motivation to grow as a person, to interact with others, to learn compromise. Favorite part of being in a relationship is that it feels like training mode in the fight to be a better person. Current wife has been a major help there.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Speaking of being single. I'm a grass is always greener type of person. When I'm single I want to be with someone and when I'm with someone I just want to be single. This is my curse.