• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what people expected. First of all, many of you complain way too much without considering that the game is being ported to a console that has a different architecture then something like the PS4/XB1/PC and requires a team to still port it. Not a free expense on Capcom's part and the price is likely reflected in it to an extent. It's not always greed, sometimes it's just protecting the value of your IP and ensuring you pay up for a team to do a good port(well hopefully its a solid port). If the price bothers you that much, skip it and get it when it's on an eShop sale or don't support it at all. The choice is all yours.

edit: wait.... did they announce if we are getting motion controls or nah?

But I'm entitled to the price I want it!

/s
You mean like the expense capcom had to make to port these games from PS3 to PS4/XB1/PC to proper HD and still kept it at 20 dollars?

Or the expense they had to port over Okami to Switch and it still had price parity with the previous releases?

Get over yourselves.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
I'd gladly pay $30 for a physical RE4. I wonder why Capcom thought to increase the price compared to the launch price on other consoles for a digital title. I hope Dragon's Dogma isn't compromised in any way.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
The fact that they think they can get $30 bucks a pop for RE0 might be the funniest thing about this pricing. I don't hate the game (like how many do) but of all of the major entries in the series it's easily in my bottom 3 (just above RE3 & RE5; I know those are weird choices but I just really don't like those two games).

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't followed the news of RE games on Switch. Does anyone know if RE4 will have the Wii-style motion sensing aiming on Switch? Is that even really possible with the switch controller (some games let you move the cursor around that way)

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I'm out. Fuck this greedy shit. They only asked $20 for the PS4 and xb1 versions. There is NO reason to charge this. Why because ONE of the three games is on a cart? Fuck off. Fortunately these games are older than dirt so I can easily wait for a sale.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was gonna day one buy all of them but not at $30. Why are they upcharging this games when they didn't for there other ports?

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Capcom can go thoroughly fuck themselves. The balls on these assholes.

Then they acted surprised when sales doesn't meet their expectations.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is zero justification for selling these for more than they launched on the other systems. None of these games needed a bunch of extra effort porting compared to the other releases (I would assume), they are all gamecube games.
I would think it would be a bit different of a port because it is too a totally different Tegra architecture(and if the prior dogshit mobile ports are to go by I'd hope they put effort into this port).

You mean like the expense capcom had to port these games from PS3 to PS4/XB1/PC and still kept it at 20 dollars?

Or the expense they had to port over Okami and it still had price parity with the previous releases?

Get over yourselves.
I'm good fam, you do you. Whenever someone writes "get over yourselves", I know there's no point even trying to have a reasonable conversation with them.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
What's being preloaded? The game onto my system or my money into their account? Wtf, are they going to Vegas next month? Unless there's a deal, I'll wait til I see a review.

BTW, Nintendo's pre load system is trash. I pre loaded guacamelee 2 but didn't open it. Tried to open it before release to see the message but after actual release, I didn't open it. Hey, I have to maintain my backlog.

I'm playing other games on the switch, just not Guacamelee 2. Every time I try and play, after the day of release, I'm in a location without WiFi (ie on the plane, at a hotel that charges for WiFi, etc).

I then forget about the game until I'm tired of whatever game I'm playing, go try and start the game, many days after release but I'm just not in a place that the game can "check the date". It doesn't do it automatically? Games automatically download updates to make life easier, i think pre load is to make life easier. So why won't a pre load game check to see when the release date passes?

So, I don't need preload. I'll just wait, unless they offer a deal.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are you fucking kidding with this post?

Capcom is the original price gouge queen on Switch with SFII. Nintendo isn't forcing anyone, lmao.

;-)

I would think it would be a bit different of a port because it is too a totally different Tegra architecture(and if the prior dogshit mobile ports are to go by I'd hope they put effort into this port).

I'm good fam, you do you. Whenever someone writes "get over yourselves", I know there's no point even trying to have a reasonable conversation with them.

The PS3 and 360 had more esoteric architecture than the Switch and they ported RE0 and Remake to them at the same time as PS4/XBO/PC and still charged only $20.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Makes no sense, they had price parity with all other ports and all other new games they released.

This is totally weird.
I think it is really stupid, I was willing to pick all three up if they $20 a pop, now I am less willing to spend 1.5 x the price for what is the same game that is on other systems.. Unless they announce new features for all three games, I will wait for the eventual Capcom publisher switch sale.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
If Nintendo can charge full price for Wii U ports, why can't Capcom ask 10 bucks more?

Pretty sure all these games will sell a lot

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Price will drop real soon, no need to get them so fast day one if they seriously charge that much.

Deleted member 31333

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
$30?!?! I've bought RE4 three times now but I'd pay $10 to play it on the Switch again. $30 is too much though.

REmake and RE0 I played on the GC, but I may consider getting REmake again.

Oct 25, 2017
See the difference here is that Capcom has had MT Frameworks working on the Switch since launch.

And these HD ports were already created from Pre-MT Framework engines. And all that expense still amounted to 20 dollars.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If Nintendo can charge full price for Wii U ports, why can't Capcom ask 10 bucks more?

They can ask whatever they want. But it's a bad look for ports that currently have nothing special to them costing $10 more and not even having a physical alternative (Where having it cost $10 more would make sense).

As was said earlier Rev 1, Rev 2, & Okami all had a ton of new Switch Features and were priced at only $20 each.

This doesn't even get into Dragon's Dogman costing $30 and having a physical release as well. Unless there's something they aren't telling us, like new nintendo themed modes or something. Seems really odd to plop that extra $10 on there.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
I was planning to buy it, bit it's a no buy from me.
Waiting for that 50% off discount.

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the Onimusha remaster only $20?
The EXPENSE they've made, Sentry. The EXPENSE of porting games that have existed for years, and have been ported several times already, 3 years into a new system's life on an engine it's been capable of running since launch, despite other games on that engine having the same price parity. It's the EXPENSE that justifies this price.

Which means Onimusha was an effortless piece of dogshit they said it not me lol

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well then. Hopefully by the time I get my Switch, they're cheaper. I wanna quadruple dip on RE4 but not at that price.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I guess I'll be hanging on to my Wii copy of RE4 that I bought for a few bucks, like a decade ago.

$30 is way too much for each of these. Does that mean that the physical compilation of RE0 and RE1 (with RE1 being a DLC voucher) will be $60?

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada

I love the line of reasoning that the mature, off-the-shelf Nvidia ARM chip in the Switch is just so completely confounding Capcom's developers to the point where a 33% price markup was appropriate to offset the sheer stress and manhours necessary to port the game to one of the most common and well-documented SoCs on the planet.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
These were some of my most anticipated Switch ports. At $30 each, it's not happening. I probably would've bit at $20, but now I'll be waiting until they're $10 or less.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017

Nice whataboutism, which doesn't even apply in this case. What even is the "full price" for these games? Original price? their PS4/XB1 price? I think the outrage wouldn't be this bad if the extra cost was for the physical release.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The only hope I have for REmake and RE0 being $30 is that in the US they'll somehow be on the same cart.

Still unsure what RE4's excuse would be for a $10 dollar increase and no physical alongside it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Price hike might be based on the fact that Capcom and RE are in a much better position in 2019 than they were 2014.
2014 they had to fight with RE6 subpar critical reception and the fact that they really didnt have quality stuff line up for PS4/XBO....so they had to make sure that their fanbase didnt forget about by providing cheap entry points tot heir classics.

In 2019 things look diffrent post RE7 and RE2 - the IP is as popular as ever and their main buisness on PS4/XBOX/PC is performing just fine. So its okay to be more greedy again since this doesnt affect their core market.

Its a bummer but i makes sense...especially when you see how much Rev 1+2 sold on Switch with next to know marketing. If they can sell 1m of these ports on Switch - having a 10 USD price increase can make a big difference.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the problem, because I'm getting RE4 even at $30. It'll only be my second purchase of it though so it feels justified after my first and only purchase got me like 300-400 hours of fun.