• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The RE2 Remake is a fantastic game, but there are some flaws with it that I'd really like for them to correct in the RE3 Remake.

1. Crimson Heads. Despite their best efforts in RE2make, regular zombies still aren't shit. The game needs crimson heads in order to make them a real threat.

2. More enemy variety. The RE2 remake suffers due to cutting out enemies and bosses from the original RE2 and changes what used to be a unique enemy type into a zombie reskin. I want to see both types of hunters, Drain Deimos, crows, maggots, spiders, etc.

3. More bosses. OG RE3 was heavily lacking in the boss department with only Gravedigger and the optional chopper fight outside of Nemesis. Maybe add something from the zoo as a boss ala Outbreak 2 and maybe add in a giant moth since they cut it from RE2make.

4. Update the AI of the zombie dogs. I swear the dogs in RE2make feel like their AI was straight out of 1998.

Thoughts? And what would you like to see change for an RE3 Remake?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
A robust Mercenaries mode!

Love your idea that Crimson Heads make their return. It's about time.

Ghost

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they give Jill a better outfit

I do think more bosses are welcome tho, you make a good point

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Following with the theme of the other thread, a gamemode with tank controls and fixed cameras

Oct 25, 2017
1) more emphasis on the emerging outbreak and things falling apart in Racoon city.
2) expand on the fall of the RPD
3) expand on the Army vs the 5 Mr X's
4) fleshed out mercenaries suite.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
semi-open city layout, maybe something similar in design to Evil Within 2 where its segmented and open, but more claustrophobic with its alleys

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I think going with more deadly zombies over crimson heads was the right choice for RE2. They can include "crimson" faster, more deadly zombies like in the original RE3 to keep things exciting. A burning mechanic doesn't make sense for a more open environment.

Last edited:

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fleshed our Mercenaries and keep jill's Outfit

OP
OP
Kinsei

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think going with more deadly zombies over crimson heads was the right choice for RE2. They can include "crimson" faster, more deadly zombies like I'm the original RE3 to keep things exciting. A burning mechanic doesn't make sense for a more open environment.
The burning mechanic would make sense if the zombies could turn while you're in the same area as them. Imagine in RE2make if a zombie getting back up after playing dead was a crimson head instead of just being the same thing. It would also incentivize limb destruction even more than RE2make already does. Taking out the legs becomes a much better option if the zombie would start sprinting after coming back to unlife.

Also you end up zigzagging around the city quite a bit in the OG RE3. I imagine the same would be true of RE3make.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Give Jill a better outfit that makes sense, open up Raccoon City a bit more so it isn't a series of alleyways, expand the park and hospital sections, keep the "choose your path" feature and expand on it by giving players more options and effecting more of the story.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Maintain Jill's outfit and take away the timer on Mercenaries.
Give the streets some more personality this time, they were bland in remake 2.
Give Carlos a story mode too.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1. don't give Nemesis a rocket launcher, it's dumb

Nemesis with a rocket launcher is going to be interesting given the relative speed of the RE2Remake. It'd work best in areas that are not quite hallways, but not open enough that you can run around it.

It'd be kinda cool if Nemesis' weapon kept constantly changing. Maybe first he comes at you Mr. X style, until eventually hitting the rocket launcher.

OP
OP
Kinsei

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nemesis with a rocket launcher is going to be interesting given the relative speed of the RE2Remake. It'd work best in areas that are not quite hallways, but not open enough that you can run around it.

It'd be kinda cool if Nemesis' weapon kept constantly changing. Maybe first he comes at you Mr. X style, until eventually hitting the rocket launcher.
They could make the rocket launcher exclusive to the mandatory fight outside the clock tower right after he shoots down the chopper but I must admit that I'd be disappointed if they did.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
REmake2's gameplay through and through. Giving her an ability to dodge a zombie's lunge would be the extent of what I'd want added to maneuverability.

A randomizer mode. I want this in RE2, and it sounds like there's a glimmer of hope it's coming there, so I absolutely want it here, too - especially when the game will span such a large area.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Nemesis can get you in safe rooms

Pausing the game freezes everything, except Nemesis

1 times out of 10 when starting the game back up, Nemesis will be right there

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Aftering playing re2 remake, it makes me even more excited for a re3 remake. The gameplay can easily be largely the same but the levels would be much lengthier since they just need to pour all their resources into making 1 campaign instead of replaying the same levels with in different perspectives. Just add new features like dodging from the original.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The RE2 Remake is a fantastic game, but there are some flaws with it that I'd really like for them to correct in the RE3 Remake.

1. Crimson Heads. Despite their best efforts in RE2make, regular zombies still aren't shit. The game needs crimson heads in order to make them a real threat.

2. More enemy variety. The RE2 remake suffers due to cutting out enemies and bosses from the original RE2 and changes what used to be a unique enemy type into a zombie reskin. I want to see both types of hunters, Drain Deimos, crows, maggots, spiders, etc.

3. More bosses. OG RE3 was heavily lacking in the boss department with only Gravedigger and the optional chopper fight outside of Nemesis. Maybe add something from the zoo as a boss ala Outbreak 2 and maybe add in a giant moth since they cut it from RE2make.

4. Update the AI of the zombie dogs. I swear the dogs in RE2make feel like their AI was straight out of 1998.

Thoughts? And what would you like to see change for an RE3 Remake?

Do you even know what a reskin is?! It's not this.
fu1687K.png

There not even similar in fucking gameplay. Zombies have regular attacks. Ivy's do one hit kill, and have special weak points.

OP
OP
Kinsei

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you even know what a reskin is?! It's not this.
fu1687K.png

There not even similar in fucking gameplay. Zombies have regular attacks. Ivy's do one hit kill, and have special weak points.
Ivies look like plant zombies and attack wise all they do is grab you just like the zombies. The only difference is that said grab is an instant kill if you don't have any defense items on you. The ivies are just stronger zombies with weakpoints (that you never even have to shoot).

Last edited:

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
The burning mechanic would make sense if the zombies could turn while you're in the same area as them. Imagine in RE2make if a zombie getting back up after playing dead was a crimson head instead of just being the same thing. It would also incentivize limb destruction even more than RE2make already does. Taking out the legs becomes a much better option if the zombie would start sprinting after coming back to unlife.

Also you end up zigzagging around the city quite a bit in the OG RE3. I imagine the same would be true of RE3make.

Crimson heads exist to create dread, and further incenvitize resource management, and route planning. In the RE2 remake, zombies "play dead" and get up again to disincentivize the player from attempting to take out each and every zombie in the game, and like the REmake, further incentivize conservation of limited resources. It wants you to drop a zombie and keep running. RE2 wouldn't be better for further emphasis on limb destruction.

Crimson heads work in RE1 because the game features one of the most confined environments in the series, with hallways often featuring no more than 2 zombies. In RE3, the player will regularly face 5, 10, and sometimes 15 zombies in a single "room." Though RE3 features backtracking, there's short range back and forth between a single area. Imagine playing RE3 as a first time player. You quickly get through the first area with the lighter and the rope, only to later backtrack to the same area with about 3-5 crimson heads in each location, depending on the amount of zombies you took out. It's a dead end. Imagine playing the game knowing you would backtrack to that specific location, and having to run around making sure to decapitate or burn each one. Not only would the pacing drag to a halt, but it likely wouldn't be feasible to do so anyways; there would be too many other threats around for you to deal with the fallen zombies.

A fast pace is absolutely crucical for RE3. Jill needs to cut through the crowd of zombies to achieve clear, but puzzle based goals that ultimately involve taking out the tram. RE3 cleverly introduces its major puzzles in areas free of enemies, giving the player time to be aware of their goal. But any route towards achieving that goals is full of enemies, which the player should attempt to cut through at a break-neck pace. Cut through zombies, grab the fuze, electrecute them and get out. Rush into the Umbrella office. Grab the fuel. Cut through the zombies and rush out.

They're perfect for the mansion, and they're perfect for the REmake. But they don't make sense for 3. It would actually make more sense to "crimson" other enemies. You could probably employ something similar with the Drain Deimos, given the player generally only encounters 2 to a room, and the player probably shouldn't waste time trying to deal with them anyways.

OP
OP
Kinsei

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crimson heads exist to create dread, and further incenvitize resource management, and route planning. In the RE2 remake, zombies "play dead" and get up again to disincentivize the player from attempting to take out each and every zombie in the game, and like the REmake, further incentivize conservation of limited resources. It wants you to drop a zombie and keep running. RE2 wouldn't be better for further emphasis on limb destruction.

Crimson heads work in RE1 because the game features one of the most confined environments in the series, with hallways often featuring no more than 2 zombies. In RE3, the player will regularly face 5, 10, and sometimes 15 zombies in a single "room." Though RE3 features backtracking, there's short range back and forth between a single area. Imagine playing RE3 as a first time player. You quickly get through the first area with the lighter and the rope, only to later backtrack to the same area with about 3-5 crimson heads in each location, depending on the amount of zombies you took out. It's a dead end. Imagine playing the game knowing you would backtrack to that specific location, and having to run around making sure to decapitate or burn each one. Not only would the pacing drag to a halt, but it likely wouldn't be feasible to do so anyways; there would be too many other threats around for you to deal with the fallen zombies.

A fast pace is absolutely crucical for RE3. Jill needs to cut through the crowd of zombies to achieve clear, but puzzle based goals that ultimately involve taking out the tram. RE3 cleverly introduces its major puzzles in areas free of enemies, giving the player time to be aware of their goal. But any route towards achieving that goals is full of enemies, which the player should attempt to cut through at a break-neck pace. Cut through zombies, grab the fuze, electrecute them and get out. Rush into the Umbrella office. Grab the fuel. Cut through the zombies and rush out.

They're perfect for the mansion, and they're perfect for the REmake. But they don't make sense for 3. It would actually make more sense to "crimson" other enemies. You could probably employ something similar with the Drain Deimos, given the player generally only encounters 2 to a room, and the player probably shouldn't waste time trying to deal with them anyways.
I suppose, but they need to do something to make the zombies more interesting. The RE2 remake proved that they're a complete joke without fixed camera angles.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I suppose, but they need to do something to make the zombies more interesting. The RE2 remake proved that they're a complete joke without fixed camera angles.

I don't think that the RE2 remake proved that at all. Not when 4 successive headshots won't even necessarily stun a zombie, and they can often run faster than you can. They can increase zombie variety and include something in between the speed of crimson heads and RE2 zombies in RE3, regardless.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nemesis can get you in safe rooms

Pausing the game freezes everything, except Nemesis

1 times out of 10 when starting the game back up, Nemesis will be right there

Lmao.

"Nemesis can get you in safe rooms" ugh you've just reminded me of the awful song that plays if you're in a safe room and hes just outside it.
I hope they can replicate something like that, but I imagine like RE2make the OST would be quite subdued.

I want the Live Selection mechanic to be expanded into the actual gameplay instead of being menu choices.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Going by the choice of RE:RE2 face models, Carlos should finally be free from what UC did to him, but they probably won't use Julia Voth as Jill...

Jill will probably get a new default costume just for the sake of mixing things up as much as anything; but the original should still be an option - hopefully it's still a free one.

Also, since Masami Ueda is freelance now and Uchiyama was supervising RE2's remake, maybe they could get him in for some soundtrack contributions. The new soundtrack and its application was, aside from a few rare high points, one of the few weak aspects of a game which otherwise captured so much of the original RE2's appeal on top of the new and expanded elements it brought in.

I feel like a RE3 remake is going to be catching a fair few people who played RE2 and the RE2 remake, but not RE3 originally; which will be an interesting dynamic when looking at it as a less-widely-played classic and the sort of adaptational changes and creative liberties that might be more on the table this time, coupled with their experience from RE7 and the RE2 remake and growing confidence in their modern refinement of classic survival horror design, much like how RE3 itself reflected experimentation and iteration within an established framework and pipeline.

I could see more use of grenades or other delayed explosives being more of a thing to accomodate third person encounter design.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Make the map bigger since RE3 is running in the whole city, no need for sandbox/open world, just bigger.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I think the game should no longer be balanced around the handgun being the "base" weapon, but I'm torn on how to approach this. (Keep the handgun regardless).

You could design the game around the shotgun, which Jill gets pretty early into the game in the original RE3. Incentivize using it strategically to quickly get through zombie crowds, but don't include enough ammo to headshot every zombie.

You could also have Jill get an assault rifle from the R.P.D. and immediately increase the amount of zombies she runs into after. Give her just enough ammo to cut through crowds and use it as a base weapon for doing so, but don't give her enough to take everything out. Have the shotgun be a more reliable weapon for causing more dangerous enemies to flinch, but limit ammo to no more than 10 rounds per greater area (Downtown, Uptown, etc).. Introduce the grenade launcher at the Clock Tower and teach the player recipes for its ammo there. I'm not sure about including the magnum in the game.

Create parallel streets in certain areas that Jill can slip through narrow spaces in between buildings too. Once Nemesis witnesses the player slip through, have him destroy the environment to block the passage. Have Jill create some of the roadblocks herself, to temporarily stop larger hoards of zombies get through (the equivalent of boarding up windows in the R.P.D.).

Don't include any "shoot its weakpoint" boss fights for Nemesis. No glowing eyes, etc. please. Have the player be able to shoot him in the legs to slow him down a bit, shoot him in the arms to slow his aim a bit, etc.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Also, along with RE: Mr. X potentially overlapping with Nemesis' usage throughout the game, his shirtless form looking so close to Nemesis' seems like it could take away from his impact too, unless they swapped it around to give him a traditional naked Tyrant form (or Thanatos speedo) instead...

Maybe Nemesis will be made more realistic with a spiked leather jockstrap.

Dec 28, 2018
Some of things I'd want in a Resident Evil 3 Remake would be new enemies, more bosses because that was easily the weakest aspect of the original game, and more expanded city exploration. My biggest hope is that they include a zoo like the one from the outbreak series that would be pretty cool. A museum would be neat as well since this series has yet to have one. Also no beta hunters. I absolutely despise those things because of how much they kicked my ass in the original. And after seeing what they did with the Lickers I fear of what they'll do with the beta hunters.